Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Today was not Bruce's fault. All well in control until Chester makes a decision of a lifetime.

I think you'll find that if Chester wasn't on the pitch, he wouldn't have made the bad decision.  Therefore, Bruce's fault :detect: 

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If it’s down to stats then how about Leeds scored three times as many goals as us away from home and conceded none. At home we managed a point against a team that had no points before today. 

Reading drew 2-2 away at blackburn in the week after being 2-0 up. Blackburn scored 2 penalties in the 2nd half to scrape a point

Edited by LakotaDakota

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes, because that's why everyone is upset, got nothing to do with the fact that we should have been out of sight to the point where that happening at the end of the match should not have affected the result, OR that this is all too familiar.

Come off it.

You think sacking Bruce would make that sorry lot finish off Reading? 

I don’t like Bruce. I think he is an average manager. But I also know without Grealish in the team there is no really cutting edge quality. It’s been like that for 2 years. 

I’m more than happy to read criticism of how Bruce managed the game. How that may have cost us. But bigger pictures issues have been done to death surely? Does it have to be repeated x 1000 after every game?

Just now, bobzy said:

According to Football Manager?

Jedinak is not a central defender.

Hutton is a right back.

Tuanzebe doesn't look like a comfortable right back (RDL is a better choice)

"What on football manager" 

No m8. RL Loife.

You can't legislate for that tackle. We looked a comfortable 1-0 up until that point.

But, things are still concerning. It's great that we're more attacking now. Who knows what brought it about, but I'm all for it. The problem is for all of our pressure and dominance on the ball, we create very little clear-cut goal scoring opportunities.

I don't know if it's because it's a new style or if it's because Steve Bruce is not used to playing this kind of football, but we look devoid of ideas. You only need to watch Leeds or Brentford to see how a team that knows what they're doing plays attacking football. They cut defenses open and play in behind them. All of our play is in front of defenses or a deep cross from the wing. You won't score too many playing like that, and leave yourself susceptible to sucker punch results.

Should we give Bruce more time to bed in this new style (if he's capable), or do we need to bring in somebody who already knows how to play an attacking system? Right now I'm leaning towards the latter, but I hope for Steve's sake and ours that he gets it right soon.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Couldn't beat the two bottom teams of the Championship, one of them had 10 men. Required a last minute winner v newly promoted Wigan and needed a last minute goal v Brentford to get a draw. Also despite it being a cup game we were lucky to beat Yeovil.

This isn't an overreaction, performances are below par and so are the results. We haven't even played anyone decent yet.

This. The unbeaten run lark doesn't tell the whole story. My main gripe is that i still don't see Bruce's worth, what exactly he is contributing. After 80 odd games. The team is not been coached collectively to a required level. McGinn is playing well because he has talented individual ability. Same with Grealish. El Ghazi to come and bolasie too. He lumps individuals on the pitch without a semblance of tactics, seemingly, and the arse falls out off it pretty quickly. Players fault. Buy another one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Our defense is shit. And Bruce doesn't see it. That I blame him for.

Yep, he is to blame for our defence. The man who played 3 at the back all pre season and then changed it completely for the season. Beyond weird. This man is supposed to be an experienced manager!

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Today was not Bruce's fault. All well in control until Chester makes a decision of a lifetime.

Not at all. They missed a chance 5 mins earlier that was harder to miss from. Kanu v Middlesbrough stuff.

It his fault we consistently play with no play or ideas. Our good games are few and far between.

• Like 2

Also what was that stupid sub bringing Taylor on? The most stupid and pointless sub.

Defensively we look absymal you just know we are going to concede. We can't keep clean sheets against the worst teams in the league. Imagine what the likes of leeds and boro will do to us?

Because he has stupidly signed two keepers we need a striker and a cb. But now we have no cb coming to help chester out.

Just now, Dick said:

Jedinak is not a central defender.

Hutton is a right back.

Tuanzebe doesn't look like a comfortable right back (RDL is a better choice)

"What on football manager" 

No m8. RL Loife.

Hutton has been playing well at left-back for **** ages - to describe him as a right-back is now is laughable.  Tuanzebe is a player who can, apparently, play RB, CB or DM - out of position?

Jedinak, yes, although he's played there before and been fine.

"Real life loife".  Gd 1 m8.

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How dare Bruce make Chester lose his head and dive in like that. 

Bruce has to go. 

I think I need a break from this site. It’s absolutely ridiculous whenever we don’t win a game. I’ll see you when it’s calmed down. 

Ta-ra then

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

You can't legislate for that tackle. We looked a comfortable 1-0 up until that point.

But, things are still concerning. It's great that we're more attacking now. Who knows what brought it about, but I'm all for it. The problem is for all of our pressure and dominance on the ball, we create very little clear-cut goal scoring opportunities.

I don't know if it's because it's a new style or if it's because Steve Bruce is not used to playing this kind of football, but we look devoid of ideas. You only need to watch Leeds or Brentford to see how a team that knows what they're doing plays attacking football. They cut defenses open and play in behind them. All of our play is in front of defenses or a deep cross from the wing. You won't score too many playing like that, and leave yourself susceptible to sucker punch results.

Should we give Bruce more time to bed in this new style (if he's capable), or do we need to bring in somebody who already knows how to play an attacking system? Right now I'm leaning towards the former, but I hope for Steve's sake and ours that he gets it right soon.

Don't mention Brentford playing attacking football man - they lost against terrible newly promoted Blackburn and didn't score don't you know.

We've been absolutely fine in both against Brentford and Reading and should've won both matches.  It's concerning that we haven't done this, but I'd much rather progress down this route than the approach we had before (which garnered more points).

It does seem like Bruce is trying to appease those asking for more attacking football, but without actually having much of an idea of how to play attacking football other than cross it in the box and hope for the best. Maybe it will be different when Bolasie is fit and Playing, especially with El Ghazi looking promising.

I'm just so worried that Bruce is going to waste the opportunity that we have to go up given the players he is bringing in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

Yep, he is to blame for our defence. The man who played 3 at the back all pre season and then changed it completely for the season. Beyond weird. This man is supposed to be an experienced manager!

Yeah, this is weird.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Apart from when they nearly scored 10 minutes before that following another horrendous error by Jedinak.

4 minutes ago, Dick said:

Agreed. Excellent point.

He doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â