Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do you want the Manager here all season or would you rather us do a 'Di Matteo' and put ourselves in a position where it's highly unlikely we'll gain promotion but people will get their wish and see SB sacked?

Di Matteo is a better manager than Bruce, had us playing very nice football and if he was given the amount of time Bruce is being given I think he would of done well. There I said it. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

At VillaTalk, we don't accept this sort of sordid filth or content on our message board.

There are young children to keep innocent and sponsers to keep happy for shoving cash into Limpid's G-string.. 

So.. mods..

@bickster @limpid @NurembergVillan @BOF @LancsVillan 

Image result for take him away boys gif

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Di Matteo is a better manager than Bruce, had us playing very nice football and if he was given the amount of time Bruce is being given I think he would of done well. There I said it. 

Thats a bold statement for a guy who achieved one win in 11 games. 

Who knows what he may have achieved had he been kept on but thats moving into opinion/assumption territory, if you're dealing with facts then he absolutely has not been a better Villa manager than SB. 

All the speculation regarding Henry didn't just come from knowhere, it was such a strong and yet random link when there would have been more obvious (if less sexy) choices. Have a feeling that as soon as we hit a rough patch and the fans are vocal in disgruntlement he will be shown the door. 

Edited by dukes

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Nothing more annoying than pontificating posters. Cringe, cringe, cringe.

You sir cleeeeeearly know nothing and it's really quite sad tbh.

• Sad 1

Our New owners are the best we can hope for , they are the real deal . I am just worried they may soon find Villa’s too traditional mind set may not gel with what they wish to achieved. They obviously hope to improve their profile by having a successful/ attractive club, like Citeh/Chelsea owners etc not just any club that accepts mediocrity. Financially these guy could really invest & turn Villa into Citeh/ Chelsea. But if they perceive there’s strong  resistance in accepting a new direction/ forward thinking / changes ( if newspaper poll report is true ), being who they are , with a combine of 8.3B, they might just write off 40-60m & just get another club that more likely to embrace & suits their objectives. 

One of the guy own large share in adidas , a cutting edge/high tech / glamour brand , somehow it just doesn’t gel with Bruce’ Villa.

Oh last point I just step out of the cinema having just watched Mission Impossible 6, highly recommended , & I just realized Tom Cruise is just a year younger than Bruce ???  And those stunts he did without double .. 

5 hours ago, Donniewyer said:

He was supposed to get use promoted, he didn't, he failed, he should of been sacked right after the play off final for the pathetic 1st half showing.

Saying that, he's our manager, lets just do what we do and get behind him.

If the football is poor and the results reflect that, then I'm sure the boo boys will come out in force.

I think Bruce's tactics haven't evolved with the way most teams try to play in the Championship.

Even Bolton and Burton try to play attacking football.

I don't really understand all this....its no good playing attacking football and getting done at the back....which is a very popular trait, unless you have top quality players.

I was interesting to see how many times headed balls featured in goals, during the world cup.....but some will have you believe that is outdated too?

• Bolton and Burton .....conceded 74 and 81 goals respectively

Do you not see a correlation?

Maybe they deployed too many players to offensive play and paid the price.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who knows what he may have achieved had he been kept on but thats moving into opinion/assumption territory, if you're dealing with facts then he absolutely has not been a better Villa manager than SB. 

Definitely a bold statement, but I understand it as well. 

We did look pretty good on the pitch. A ridiculous amount of draws, posts, and late goals conceded doomed RDM. He couldn't organize our defense, but he had us scoring. 

I think we sacked him too quickly for sure. We should have given him until January, but we were still in panic mode from being relegated. Bruce didn't improve the team all that much in the first season in hindsight. 

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

When would you rather see him experiment both with players in different positions and different formations?

Bruce may well have us playing appalling football in the main but I find this an odd thing to knock him for personally.

we have had a fair number of friendlies before the West Ham one which he has experimented a lot. Testing formations and players doesn't mean you have to play negatively although i am pretty sure in the other games leading up to Wham game we played in a more attacking manner with the same cack formation. 

on the flip side, nothing game, nothing result, it just didn't make me feel good about Bruce being back when I saw that match which is an over reaction but I can't help feeling depressed with Bruce as manager.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Didn't Bruce have a similar record after his first January window?

Â