Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

This is odd... those Henry rumours were serious..  no denials were being made and even Steve Bruce was worried.

Suddenly we have made a U turn.. kept Steve. Some brief statement saying hes staying and then Bruce refuses to talk to the media after the match? Maybe they are forcing Henry as his coach and he wasn't happy as he feels he will be forced out eventually. Who knows. Maybe its just me reading into it too much

While I didn’t really think Henry was the right man to replace Bruce I want him gone! Can’t stand he’s anti dinosaur football tactics. I have zero excitement for the coming season just want the guy gone! 

Edited by fifamad
  • Like 3

Keeping Bruce is the worst decision we've ever made. Nothing will change. Another season of mind numbing rhetorics about being 'there or thereabouts', yet ultimately failing. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Fine....you disagree.

I am not as convinced about Chester as you are....but hey ho, its opinions......I don't think Hourihane dominates in midfield, but he has other attributes.

Up front, I think we need a target man.....Kodjia and Adomah are more winger/strikers for me, lack physical presence, for a 46 game marathon.

I think we need at least 3 new players for the first team, in key positions.

We will see at the seasons end.

What we really need(ed) was a new manager.

• Like 2

Bit bizarre how he keeps his job but doesn’t speak to the media after the game, you’d think he would be delighted and would want to speak to them. Hasn’t spoke to the club media either. Still all a bit bleak really.. What assurances has he actually received besides being able to continue.

• Like 2

Never been a Bruce fan. I think we'll regress this season. I liked the idea of Henry for if nothing his contacts. 

All that said I think is shrewd move by new owners even though I think we'll have to accept another season without promotion. Going on the BM polls it seems the masses want Bruce to stay so he gets one more season no more excuses. We wind down some leech contracts like Richards and next season in much better shape to launch from

• Like 4

Still time for him to walk if he's not happy or maybe he struck a deal with the owners that he can leave on his terms and not get sacked or maybe I'm just clinging onto a glimmer of hope that there's still a chance of him leaving...

5 hours ago, vreitti said:

Keeping Bruce is the worst decision we've ever made. Nothing will change. Another season of mind numbing rhetorics about being 'there or thereabouts', yet ultimately failing. 

Surely not the worst decision ever?

• Like 3

I wanted Bruce to go simply because I can’t see us competing at the top of the league with him in charge. We’ve lost 3 of our 5 best players last season with the other 2 heavily linked to moves away so a mid table finish with Bruce seems inenvitable. I would personally rather have taken a gamble and given Henry a go, at the very least he may have got the team playing with some attacking intent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I'm interested in the bit of that sentence you chose not to bold. Do you see Xia having a future in this set-up? I think Sawiris and Edens need to get full control of the club before any real planning for the future can take place.

On the troubled, controversial and rather long-winded SB debate, my position has always been that Bruce is OK but if we can find a better manager we should appoint him. I am very clear that person is not Thierry Henry and that appointing him would have set us back by how ever long he stayed as manager.

This way the new guys can take a longer term look at the club knowing the footballing side is in safe hands. (And who knows? We might even win a few matches.)

I agree with all of this.

And I hope, and indeed think, that these guys will buy out Xia. He has already lost his power, but they will want to clear the decks as soon as the buyout happens.

6 hours ago, KSV said:

This is odd... those Henry rumours were serious..  no denials were being made and even Steve Bruce was worried.

Suddenly we have made a U turn.. kept Steve. Some brief statement saying hes staying and then Bruce refuses to talk to the media after the match? Maybe they are forcing Henry as his coach and he wasn't happy as he feels he will be forced out eventually. Who knows. Maybe its just me reading into it too much

Yeah something was afoot going on media reaction. Might still be afoot. They must have made a calculated decision, that they maybe were not quite ready yet themselves. Good for the team though as Bruce knows he can be replaced any moment so you hope will throw caution to the wind. Transfers will be interesting, if any.

7 hours ago, supermon said:

We lost the chance to rebuild with Bruce in charge, owners should have sacked this season off for promotion and embed a new manager and new ethos of playing better football and maybe target next year for promotion. It just smacks of short termism and the need to go up straight away, which even if we do we'll still have to rebuild from scratch. I wish we had a playing style that a manager could coach similar to how Fulham played or Swansea when they came up.

I think their decision needed to be short term, considering the time scale. We need to give them time. I would think Bruce will not get past December.

We have no idea what his objectives are this season. Based on this squad it would be silly to expect promotion, even a playoff finish probably shouldn't be 'expected' unless some serious business takes in the transfer window (which I doubt will happen). That said he's not the one to put the foundations in place that we really need to make that promotion push over the next 2-3 years.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Never been a Bruce fan. I think we'll regress this season. I liked the idea of Henry for if nothing his contacts. 

All that said I think is shrewd move by new owners even though I think we'll have to accept another season without promotion. Going on the BM polls it seems the masses want Bruce to stay so he gets one more season no more excuses. We wind down some leech contracts like Richards and next season in much better shape to launch from

He will not be here for a full season.

Remember, whatever day they choose to move him on, and they will, it will still cost him them the same under his one year rolling contract.

They have simply bought themselves time.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah something was afoot going on media reaction. Might still be afoot. They must have made a calculated decision, that they maybe were not quite ready yet themselves. Good for the team though as Bruce knows he can be replaced any moment so you hope will throw caution to the wind. Transfers will be interesting, if any.

Yeah it just seems off putting.

Think its the other way around though. He will be scared to lose. Play off final tactics every match. My predicition is he wont be here in October. 

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That’s the way I see it. Whoever is manager next season is going to have an almighty challenge on their hands to get us around the play offs. May as well stick with Bruce for one more season, and get levelled off with FFP etc. Then start a fresh the following season with probably a new manager and a bit of money to improve the team. The safest and wisest decision imo. If we are doing poor by Christmas, then sack him and bring a new man in to settle in for the following season. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â