Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Agreed - but unfortunately (on here at least) it won’t happen. As soon as we hit a run of no winning in 3 games, the usual suspects will be out in force.

Yeah. That's what it was. Not winning 3 games in a row. 

• Like 1

Just now, ramshackler said:

Great to see after the full backing of our new owners, Brucie manages to be the only manager in world football to play 3 at the back and still only 1 up front ???

"Only SB can turn a 3-5-2 where we can play 2 up top and only 1 semi holding midfielder into a defensive 3-5-2 where we have 2 x holding midfielders in our midfield 3 and our best box to box out on the right, in addition to only 1 striker. I cannot see how anyone thinks this manager will look to evolve us into a progressive, forward thinking team!! 

Jimmy isolated, very few options going forward and JG coming deep to pick all up. This all places a lot of pressure on the back three as the ball just does not stick. This is gonna be another season of poor game plan with the hope that JG can do some magic. 

Bruce cannot and will not change, so until we change him.....neither will we." 

I put this in the WHam thread but very relevant to SB obviously. A complete dinosaur, clueless about tactics and will hold us back until he's gone. Thankfully,  NSWE will make a change once they realise he is not the right fit for us going forward.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s up to them. I have no idea why some people bother supporting a club when their time is spent being so incredibly negative about a manager.

We finished 4th last season and had a playoff final at Wembley yet this was deemed a complete and utter failure and a sackable offence. 

Of course it was. He was employed to get us up, and failed in that.

He is a very lucky boy to still be here.

I'm very disappointed he is staying. More rubbish football and underachievement to come, 'we are only a couple of wins from the play off places' being touted as success, and a lack of progression that means not only is this season a write off but also we won't have anything to build on for the next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People saying we play boring, old fashioned football, you know what you get with Bruce, no tactics, insipid signings and limited ability. How can we get out of the division with that?!... I give you Cardiff City.

For now, Bruce is the right decision. We don't need slick passing football, we need results and it wouldn't take much to turn last year's nearly in to this year's success. Maybe a little luck with injuries, maybe a few lessons learnt and maybe a few solid loans. We need a tweak, not a massive gamble or overhaul - it's hardly as if we finished mid-table last year or anything.

The key is not replacing the manager but replacing one or two key loans we had last season. Review at Christmas.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

People saying we play boring, old fashioned football, you know what you get with Bruce, no tactics, insipid signings and limited ability. How can we get out of the division with that?!... I give you Cardiff City.

For now, Bruce is the right decision. We don't need slick passing football, we need results and it wouldn't take much to turn last year's nearly in to this year's success. Maybe a little luck with injuries, maybe a few lessons learnt and maybe a few solid loans. We need a tweak, not a massive gamble or overhaul - it's hardly as if we finished mid-table last year or anything.

The key is not replacing the manager but replacing one or two key loans we had last season. Review at Christmas.

Absolutely spot on Jack.

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

Wow. Have we really stooped that low? Jesus.

• Like 1

I can see why the new owners have made the decision to keep him.

It is disappointing to lose another season, and I expect little from Bruce but keeping us in this division, but it beats administration, which is where we almost were.

1 minute ago, Warnock said:

Wow. Have we really stooped that low? Jesus.

Yes! Unfortunately we have. But if we're smart and calm we get out if it, we don't keep going back to scratch every July. We learn and move forward. He got us midtable despite us looking like relegation might be possible, then he got us Playoff Final despite significant personal issues and squad injuries. Giving him til at least Xmas is the smart bet rather than gambling it all to start again.

• Like 1

Well I’m glad Bruce has another preseason!

I was so sick of players not knowing their roles and looking like strangers out on the pitch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I agree.

but many things Cardiff do/did, we can't do.....and I am not talking technically.

but the things we are clearly weak on .....we have to fix.

2 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Some people on this forum need to realise we are not the premiership club we once where.

Correct, we are a Championship club who have spent a kings ransom on players over the last 2 years. A wage budget 99% of other Championship managers can only dream of and the third richest owners in the country.

How dare we have ambition and want to see our club back in the big time!

• Like 4

The sensible decision I would say. 

He gets my support again. As far as I’m concerned, Bruce can have 2 or 3 games without a win, it happens. It’s when these runs become 1 win in 5 or 6 and they appear intermittently throughout the season that I struggle to believe in him.

The way I look at it, we’ll only have Bruce in charge for the 19/20 season if Villa are a premier league club. Probably.

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

so how do you know?....that had we attacked more, we could have conceded more.

look we all like to see champagne football......The Harlem Globe trotters are my favourite basket ball team......Jimmy White is my favourite snooker player and Barcelona is the team I look up to.

Now back down to earth.....Cardiff did not surprise me that they gained promotion, why......They drove the initiative, they were durable and hard to beat, they had pace and drive, they had muscle in key area's, they competed fiercely in every game.....was they technically the best in the division ..NO.

I am not asking for my team to play like that.....but teams that do, will cause us problems.

Whatever style we choose to play, it has to be effective.....that is the key.

Well here we are then. He's staying on. Monstrous mistake IMO.

Our current first XI is better than the Cardiff team that collected 90 points last season.

Let's see if he's learnt anything.

I don't want to hear come May from anyone that keeping us up was an achievement.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â