Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Again, he was **** moaning from last season.

What makes you think it will be any better now?

Now the narrative is "We need him more than ever" because he has got the "experience" ?:):ph34r:

We needed him more than ever for the last 2 seasons because of his "experience" too.

Surely got nothing to do with the Huge salary he gets or the guilt of playing a part in one of the biggest failures in Championship history when resources to results ratio and stakes (I don't give a toss about posters saying "It is not his fault the stakes were so high", even if they weren't it is and was utter failure are considered), he is staying around because of "loyalty". lol

"The easy thing to do would have been to say I don't like that, and walk away" (But i'm such a fantastic man I chose not to)

Please F*ck off.

I think if you read this thread a bit more carefully, you will find the narrative is more like: we may as well keep him because no other manager of any quality would be willing to take on a club with no viable top management, no money for squad renewal and an owner who has gone missing (“open letters” written by Luke Organ excepted).

It’s just the reality of the present situation.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Going to get a lot of dislike for this post.

The only positive I seen in that interview was that he was staying. The best managerial appointment we've made since MON. Not saying bruce is.the best thing since sliced bread but... We've had a lot of managers that were absolute clowns. The last thing I would want right now is a new manager. The club cant even run itself! And to think people want the owner to find a new manager. He can't even order a suit that fits him. 

Errrrm no.

People wanted us to find a new manager ages ago to help prevent this very situation.

And then, the reason was also "who else could we get"? "We may as well keep him", "We need stability".

Welp, we have now got it by default ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Going to get a lot of dislike for this post.

The only positive I seen in that interview was that he was staying. The best managerial appointment we've made since MON. Not saying bruce is.the best thing since sliced bread but... We've had a lot of managers that were absolute clowns. The last thing I would want right now is a new manager. The club cant even run itself! And to think people want the owner to find a new manager. He can't even order a suit that fits him. 

I agree. Honestly would you trust the club in its current freefall to pick another manager? Even if they could who the hell would come? We have no money. Ok I know the answer, MickMcarthy. Which if anyone seriously thinks that would be a stepo up football wise, well, I dont think they have seen Ipswich the last few years and they had more money than we will.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

This tool has done so much damage in such a short space of time.

He's going to leave us either dropping into, or already in league one and we'll forever have to hear what a tough job he had and how he never had any chance for success.

Actually think it’s good news for us in the situation we are in now, as he said he will beg borrow and steal to get more players in and he’s managed to get not that highly rated players in the past performing, so I think we might not challenge for promotion but I think we won’t get relegated either.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

There’s plenty of reasons to criticise Bruce. 

But some of the sticks being used to beat him with now are getting really bizarre. 

He seems to be being made out by some now that he’s some sort of money grabber? He doesn’t care about the club or the job and he’s just going trough the motions to pick up his wages?

what sort of nonsense is this? Firstly because there’s no evidence I can see that’s Bruce doesn’t care. 

The club pays him well and he wants to keep his job. Wow. What a **** maniac. 

Is he not still on a rolling contract too? Last page was all about how he’s getting paid an absolute fortune. 

He seems passionate in his work, realistic with what he’s got to work with and appears to have the respect of the dressing room. TURF HIM OUT! **** me. 

I found the "whether the owner has got any money or not" dig a little odd coming from Bruce. 

I wonder how much Xia knew about what was going to be discussed before the interviews were broadcast. 

I personally think Bruce has lost his ambition as a manager if he is content on staying on a sinking ship while continue to pick up a very good salary. It’s not a dig at the guy. Many managers in his shoes would probably stick around too.

I hope I’m wrong and he genuinely believes he will be able to challenge for promotion. I just can’t see it. 

Let’s be honest though.....promotion is a non-starter this season. If JG, JC and JK all go that will be 7 first teamers gone over the Summer (incl the loanees and JT). With no money to spend and a huge reliance on our young players, there is no way we will get near the promotion mix. I would be very pleased with mid-table security as I believe staying up is our main aim. 

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I agree. Honestly would you trust the club in its current freefall to pick another manager? Even if they could who the hell would come? We have no money. Ok I know the answer, MickMcarthy. Which if anyone seriously thinks that would be a stepo up football wise, well, I dont think they have seen Ipswich the last few years and they had more money than we will.

Ipswich had no money as Evans stopped investing after Keane wasted the money. He spent 3 million on 81 players in 6 years at Ipswich. Living off loans and free transfers

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ipswich had no money as Evans stopped investing after Keane wasted the money. He spent 3 million on 81 players in 6 years at Ipswich. Living off loans and free transfers

was this purely correcting facts for correcting facts' sake or actual support for getting that clown in as our manager? definite step down from bruce for me

Edited by tomav84

I'm happy to see Bruce tested by having no budget and having to wheel and deal - I think that suits him. Not a great situation on the whole obviously, but Bruce is good at man management and building team spirit, we might get a squad that works harder than last season albeit inferior in quality - Cardiff did it so there is still hope. Also, I thought his interview was the right tone and honest which is what's needed, I get the feeling it was his idea and much to some folks' horror we will see Bruce all over the club's decisions this year.

Just now, Zatman said:

Is any evidence thst wheeling and dealing suits Bruce? He has always had decent budgets as a manager

I don't have any, but I'm going on his ability to sort out good loans from higher clubs. Also just his record in the championship, can't say I know for certain but fairly sure he hasn't bought all his promotions.

I have to say I quite liked the interview. He was honest about our situation, positive about the status of our club, complimentary to the fans and seemed determined to do all he could to make this season go as well as it can in the circumstances. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I don't have any, but I'm going on his ability to sort out good loans from higher clubs. Also just his record in the championship, can't say I know for certain but fairly sure he hasn't bought all his promotions.

Blues were big spenders then had premier league money the 2nd promotion. Hull initially big spenders and 2nd season had same squad with players like Dawson, Davied, Hernandez and Snodgrass

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I personally think Bruce has lost his ambition as a manager if he is content on staying on a sinking ship while continue to pick up a very good salary. It’s not a dig at the guy. Many managers in his shoes would probably stick around too.

I hope I’m wrong and he genuinely believes he will be able to challenge for promotion. I just can’t see it. 

I don't think he's lost it, Like he says in the interview he took Hull City up and they were 100/1 outsiders. 

Anything can happen in this league especially with a good turn out that makes Villa Park Vibrate. 

There's Always A Way! 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Blues were big spenders then had premier league money the 2nd promotion. Hull initially big spenders and 2nd season had same squad with players like Dawson, Davied, Hernandez and Snodgrass

Just looked at an old Brum Mail article and he averages a net spend of about £9-£10 mill for every promotion season. As his net spend this term will be minus £40 mill, I suppose he'd better sharpen his management skills!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â