Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I'm afraid that all means absolutely nothing in the light of the day - he has had two seasons to get us promoted and failed in both  - you can say whatever you choose and I respect your right to this - but the bottom line is that he's failed - however hard you try to dress this up imo 

It certainly seems to have failed in your opinion, and you have every right to that opinion. In the end, it doesn't matter about our opinions on if he failed or not, but down to Dr (I do enjoy the banter though).

I certainly know all the opinions on here want the best for Villa, we all see varying paths on how to get there. I certainly didn't agree with all of Bruce's team selections,/tactics, but he has done enough for me to show he can move us forward. If the Dr. doesn't agree with that then I will support his decision.

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Fat Sam.

But seriously, we can't fear change or believe there are not other options out there, many other clubs have managed to get young English and foreign managers and do ok.

Of course they do.

Phone Sky Sports and tell them Villa are sacking Steve Bruce to get an unknown manager to do better.....see what reaction you get.

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

One goal is the difference between winning and losing though Tro - you could turn it around and say had Bosco  jankovic not scored for boro we would not have won the league ,had Immer not saved a penalty in Berlin we would not have won the European cup  there are fine dividing lines between success and failure - that is football .

ifs  buts and maybes are not reasons to defend steve Bruce 

But if Ipswich had of beaten Boro....would we have sacked or even talked about sacking Ron Saunders.....never in a million Years.

I am not defending Steve Bruce as much as you think I am.....I am trying to put things in perspective.

We are **** finacially with a dinosaur of a manager an ageing squad dessimated and short of quality and saleable assets yet people want to keep **** Steve Bruce as manager as the unknown could be worse . My mind boggles 

I don't think a lot of fans really understand what a waste the last two seasons has been and how ****  we are

xia gambled put his faith in football people yet we are the same train wreck we were under Lerner with over payed players on vast wages and no resale value but criticise him and just because he isn't Lerner it alright 

we are a mess and he has to take his share of the blame 

bruce needs to go asap 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

How many shots did we have on target ? We were not unlucky to lose against Fulham - the better team won .

I said Chances.

How many of you on here believe we would have been in top two if Grealish and Codger had been fit all season? I for one believe we would have.

I also believe if any of the promoted teams had their most creative player and top goal scorer missing for the same amount of time as we did, they would have struggled to be promoted also.

• Like 1

He came within a whisker of getting us promoted - on that basis you stay with same man.

However the job looks quite different now - he has going to have to part with his best players - and promote some younger ones - in addition he has to find a goalscorer something that has eluded him at many of the clubs he has managed.

3 minutes ago, villianusa said:

How many of you on here believe we would have been in top two if Grealish and Codger had been fit all season? I for one believe we would have.

I also believe if any of the promoted teams had their most creative player and top goal scorer missing for the same amount of time as we did, they would have struggled to be promoted also.

Grealish yes. I also think had he not returned when he did Bruce would have got the sack. 

I’ll be amazed if we are able to hold in to him. Wasted in this league. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I think Xia, Wyness and Round have to have a meeting with Bruce to discuss the future ASAP. 

First, they need to know if he wants to continue managing the club. Bruce may want a break from football after the year he's had in his personal life. 

Second, if Bruce wants to stay on, the board have to ask his ideas for the future. They need to be blunt with him and ask if that his the style of football he wishes to play or, if he feels that's forced on him by the players at his disposal. 

Third, if the style is what Bruce wants, the board have to question if that's good enough to get us up. If they accept it, they then need to work out how they go about funding replacements on the field. If they don't accept it, they need to find a new manager first and foremost.

Fourth, if Bruce thinks he would rather play a better brand of football, the board need to look at finding him more money so that he can buy the players capable of doing so. 

Personally, my hope is for the fourth option. I would love it if Bruce and the board came out and publicly spoke about that style being forced because of what we had and that it won't be like that going forward. We can have continuity at the club then and have the optimism of better football to watch.

That's my hope. However, I'm not so sure that 1) it isn't Bruce's preferred style and 2) The board can raise the funds for the personnel needed not to play that way. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Top goal scorer! I don't think so.

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

How many shots did we have on target ? We were not unlucky to lose against Fulham - the better team won .

unlucky may be the wrong word, just as saying Boro was unlucky against us.

but Unless I am mistaken, we are talking about sacking managers on such fine margins.

ok

5 minutes ago, villianusa said:

While I think you may be right, ALL teams have unexpected injuries and mishaps over the course of the season.

This is why you have a squad, and why our Owner tried to make sure we could have one of the best.

Our manager failed to utilise it as effectively as possible in the face of these problems and it cost us.

As well as failed to make the right tactical moves which could have seen us have a few more points.

Once again, as had been pointed out in the past, a few of the times we went on unexpected brilliant runs the successful teams were actually put out by default due to injury.

Anyway..smh

It's all tricky.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

It’s depressing mate - what a shit weekend - I live in Coventry and for us to lose a final and they win one it has really made me feel very depressed indeed :(

mrs east thinks she’s upset me as I’m so quiet but non football  people don’t realise how football can affect the mood when suffering such a shit experience as Saturday was .

Hopefully tomorrow there will be some clarification as to whether the club are backing or sacking Bruce and we can then get on with things either way 

This defeat was worse than any cup final defeat or league game. It really pisses me off we again didnt show up for most of the game.

We had a united squad and now that of them have left. The big charchters like jt snodgrass and johnstone. That is what worries me the most.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

unlucky may be the wrong word, just as saying Boro was unlucky against us.

but Unless I am mistaken, we are talking about sacking managers on such fine margins.

ok

Success and failure are built on fine margins - the remit was to get promoted and he had failed to achieve that task .

The first big decision Xia, chief executive Keith Wyness and director of football Steve Round have to make centres around manager Steve Bruce.

By his own admission Bruce has failed to achieve what was asked of him this term.

The manager has previously hinted that he ‘won’t be here next year’ if promotion wasn't achieved.

Meanwhile, during a meeting with Villa supporters’ groups, neither Wyness nor Round committed to keeping Bruce on as manager in the event of Wembley failure.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tony-xia-villa-ffp-championship-14717203

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We are **** finacially with a dinosaur of a manager an ageing squad dessimated and short of quality and saleable assets yet people want to keep **** Steve Bruce as manager as the unknown could be worse . My mind boggles 

I don't think a lot of fans really understand what a waste the last two seasons has been and how ****  we are

xia gambled put his faith in football people yet we are the same train wreck we were under Lerner with over payed players on vast wages and no resale value but criticise him and just because he isn't Lerner it alright 

we are a mess and he has to take his share of the blame 

bruce needs to go asap 

A Dinosaur manager ( Neil Warnock)( whatever the ****  that mean?)has just outwitted this darling Serb you all cream over to gain Automatic Promotion.

What absolute and utter Rubbish.

Edited by TRO
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

Of course they do.

Phone Sky Sports and tell them Villa are sacking Steve Bruce to get an unknown manager to do better.....see what reaction you get.

Why should we care what Sky Sports say with there jingoistic approach to the game. Sure you could hire a top manager from abroad and they will say should have given the job to Gary Rowett or Alan Pardew

4 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Sorry I don't.

Did we pick up many more points after Grealish returned ?  (genuine question I don't know)

The forward element seemed to consist of different players finding a bit of form - the dropping off and handing the baton to someone else:-

Davis came in - looked great, even scored a couple, then faded, up stepped admomah with that goal scoring run, then faded, Grealish stepped in, even Hogan found a few goals - but faded, up steps Grabban scores a few then faded - after that we ran out of players to hand the baton too 

All i'm seeing are the same excuses for him as last season.

We ignored what happened on the pitch decided to give him more time and a preseason and he still failed.

but don't worry guys it will click eventually keep believing.....

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â