Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well nobody knows how Graham Norton would have done if we’d appointed him...

I think given Bruce’s form this year it would be valid to say replacing him with Monk (or Graham) would probably have been a bad move. 

That's just silly.  Graham Norton ruled himself out of the job to concentrate on his chat show.  

We'll only know if it would have been a bad move or not at the end of May. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Benteke hitting form was down to Sherwood. It wasn't a coincidence. 

Sorry, off topic

It probably helped that he was playing under Sherwood.  He had only just come back from injury. This ain't a dig at Sherwood. I actually liked him. 

But yeh going off topic. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It probably helped that he was playing under Sherwood.  He had only just come back from injury. This ain't a dig at Sherwood. I actually liked him. 

But yeh going off topic. 

It wasn't a managerial masterstroke - he just thought "Benteke is good... let's get the ball to him" and it worked well for a short while before it all fell to shit :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Remember when people wanted to sack Bruce and get in Garry Monk?

Good times. 

And there were others (including me) that wanted Bruce out, but never Monk in.   

Even better times.   

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Really ! 

Yes. Really. 

In my opinion, anyone who would sack Bruce and replace them with Monk now is dumb. Or rather their opinion is dumb. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Just a quick question- would you ever consider your posts carry with them the slightest hint of arrogance?

just a question?

Probably, but what’s this got to do with anything?

Every time I post in this thread you derail the topic by crying about my posts. 

If you don’t like my posts then ignore them. Stop derailing the thread. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably, but what’s this got to do with anything?

Every time I post in this thread you derail the topic by crying about my posts. 

If you don’t like my posts then ignore them. Stop derailing the thread. 

Well I am glad to hear you agree for once - now back on topic shall we ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

It wasn't a managerial masterstroke - he just thought "Benteke is good... let's get the ball to him" and it worked well for a short while before it all fell to shit :D

Sherwood discovered Benteke, when he was playing 5-a-side as a 6 year old inBelgium.

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Wasn't that Doug Ellis?

No, I’m pretty sure that Sherwood did not discover Doug Ellis.... Doug may have played in Belgium, I don’t know, but the timeline seems off.  

• Haha 3

Bruce would love Benteke. his style of forward. Be perfect for our system. If Palace went down and we went up.. surely we would be in for him? Id bet he be busting to come too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

No, I’m pretty sure that Sherwood did not discover Doug Ellis.... Doug may have played in Belgium, I don’t know, but the timeline seems off.  

It was probably around the time Doug invented the bicycle kick?

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Bruce would love Benteke. his style of forward. Be perfect for our system. If Palace went down and we went up.. surely we would be in for him? Id bet he be busting to come too. 

Benteke - Kodjia strike partnership?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â