Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, GrassyNoel said:

Could be, or maybe it’s not all down to Bruce. Maybe Agnew’s having some impact already. Maybe Clemence was the problem. Agnew’s appointment and the uptick in performance could be coincidental, or could be causal. 

Could well be the case, only time will tell. However as manager I hold Bruce accountable as he should be insisting from his coaches that we develop a style of play etc

7 hours ago, Xela said:

I never said call time on him ;) Ultimately the league is the key thing and we are reasonably well placed at present. Pressure on for the next game what with resting the first team. If we don't win there will be rumbles of discontent. 

I think as a club, we've been shit in the cups for years. Its almost as if we don't care anymore. How many times have we lost to lower league teams in the last 10 years or so? Loads of times. 

My apologies- yes these were my words not yours, sorry for this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrassyNoel said:

“Doc, sorry I didn’t get us automatic promotion or even finish in a play-off spot, but I did get us through a couple of rounds of the FA Cup.”

Doesn’t matter what we think of Bruce, his remit for Aston Villa could not be clearer.

“Priority one:
Insure return of Aston Villa to the Premiership.
All other considerations secondary.
FA Cup expendable.
"

We all know the FA Cup is probably not winnable but most fans are not moaning about exit more in the manner of the defeat. We were all glowing after the Bristol game but this is coming down to earth with a bump. We all hoped bristol was the start of something but aftr yesterday it seems a one off. Forest is massive now and if we don’t win or perform very well we’ll be back to wondering about Bruce’s future. Since he’s been here we’ve had a couple of false dawns only for Bruce to revert to type. I just hope he doesn’t over think things. If all available pick the same side. The only change which would be unjust would be bringing Terry back in for me. If he tinkers or brings back favourites he’s an idiot but after watching yesterday I think he may be as some decisions were baffling. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Junxs said:

You heard wrong, he was our best player in the first half and was involved in everything good that we did, didnt give the ball away once. In fact the crowd boo'd when Bruce took him off.

If he was "shit" then i'd love to know your description of Onomah today

To be fair to DemitriC, he probably typed that O'Hare was by far the best player on the pitch and Bruce was a dick for taking him off but his phone misunderstood and typed he was shit. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Junxs said:

I'm sure others who went to the game will back me up, he was our best player in the first half. I'm sure fans wouldn't have boo'd at the decision of him being taken off if they thought he was having a "shit game" as you put it

I’m baffled how someone who never went can argue with someone who did about a players performance. OHare looked very livey first half and was once of our best players IMO. he deserves a place on bench he said one of the only highlights from the game but we probably won’t see him again. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

We all know the FA Cup is probably not winnable but most fans are not moaning about exit more in the manner of the defeat. We were all glowing after the Bristol game but this is coming down to earth with a bump. We all hoped bristol was the start of something but aftr yesterday it seems a one off. Forest is massive now and if we don’t win or perform very well we’ll be back to wondering about Bruce’s future. Since he’s been here we’ve had a couple of false dawns only for Bruce to revert to type. I just hope he doesn’t over think things. If all available pick the same side. The only change which would be unjust would be bringing Terry back in for me. If he tinkers or brings back favourites he’s an idiot but after watching yesterday I think he may be as some decisions were baffling. 

Not sure why Bristol city seems a one off on the back  of yesterday’s result when 10 of the team that beat Bristol city didn’t start yesterday .

what matters is getting the team right and winning at forest - I agree with many that elphick doesn’t deserve to be dropped and some may say steer on the back of yesterday’s game maybe would also be unlucky to be dropped , however I’d expect Bruce to bring back terry and Johnstone at forest .

Yesterday is gone now but it is vital we kick on in the league and that means a good result at forest with 4 home games out of 5 to follow - we must take this chance to pick up points and put the pressure on those above .

Bruce has reverted back to type, Players out of position, sitting back after leading......etc

Bristol was a fluke.

The players played to Hogans strength, he scored, Grealish ran at the defence/carried the ball forward, Bristol opened up to get back in the game, were shot of stamina and the players capitolized.

Sack him now before we lose ground again.

Bruce Out

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TRO said:

Was there a hidden agenda?

A ploy to highlight the need for players maybe?

Was there a hidden agenda? I highly doubt it.. it would be like saying Brucie laid down to give his old mate Barry Fry the victory to progress to the next round.

I think the man has also blew enough money on players too and even if FFP was not in the way I still wouldn't give him another penny!

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

One of the many many reasons why I think modern life is essentially shit is that people think that an FA cup tie is a meaningless game. 

It makes me so sad and I am convinced it's because Sky don't have it and have brainwashed everyone into believing the league is everything. 

Personally I would rather lose the next 5 league matches and win The Majestic, steeped in history FA Cup, which would forever have our name engraved on it for the 8th time. 

I completely agree - but we should be aiming for more realistic goals. Promotion is much more realistic than winning the F.A. Cup so probably gets priority - I understand that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think it’s entirely possible that the Bristol game was a fluke, the pressed for the first time in Bruce’s tenure. He’s been atrocious against any half decent side up until that result. The game was a late fixture because City had to have a minimum turnover of 48 hours between matches. 

Really let’s be honest can you really see Bruce coming up with a style of play other than hoof ball between now & May? Can you see us beating all the sides currently in the playoff picture? If you do I’ll have what you’re drinking. 

Aren’t you contradicting yourself here?

You’re saying a 5-0 win was a fluke (lol) because we changed things tactically...

....but that you can’t see us playing any other than “hoof ball” between now and May?

Whut?

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

When was the last time a championship team won a fa cup? Its not happening

Maybe when we return to premier league then we can take it more seriously. But at the moment its a not a priority. You are probably in a small minority if you would rather be playing the likes of burton albion and millwall as opposed to arsenal amd chelsea

West Ham, 1980. Although in 2008 Championship Cardiff made the finals. Its unlikely but not impossible. Look at the likelihood of Leicester winning the prem! 

That said, it is better for us that we don't have the added games particularly as Steve Bruce is making a hash of promotion. Those extra games could be the difference between scraping promotion by our fingernails and falling short. So overall I am not too fussed about falling over the first hurdle - BUT

What I and many other Villa fans would like to see is us COMPETE in these games, not capitulate to a league 1 side, and be completely outplayed. THAT is unacceptable. 

What a way to remove all the positivity from a stunning 5-0 win.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Bruce has reverted back to type, Players out of position, sitting back after leading......etc

Bristol was a fluke.

The players played to Hogans strength, he scored, Grealish ran at the defence/carried the ball forward, Bristol opened up to get back in the game, were shot of stamina and the players capitolized.

Sack him now before we lose ground again.

Bruce Out

I can't take you seriously GH with all this...   Hysteria?  ;)

The fluke reminds me of the Norwich game in August that was the start of the papering over the cracks from a poor season before and a dour pre-season.

He was nearly out on his arse in October mirroring RDMs first 7 games in charge until he luckily stumbled upon Albert Anomah.

December was another shocker and again close to being out on his arse.. 

Suddenly another miracle happens for the man in Agnew and a 5-0 win against a team down to bare bones (stated in many places) and all is rosey again.

The man has more lives than a cat.

Yesterday's result never helped his cause much, but which we will just sweep that one under the carpet cause it is now deemed not important and the FA cup is just a pointless competition and so it don't really matter.

It is no fluke to realise that the man has unlimited justification for his shit trugid football and results.

The excuses are already set for him if he fails automatic promotion, or even promotion altogether.

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

What I and many other Villa fans would like to see is us COMPETE in these games, not capitulate to a league 1 side, and be completely outplayed. THAT is unacceptable. 

We did compete - we didn’t get completely outplayed. Peterborough were the better side in a game and won. 

The drama in here is **** ludicrous at times. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its just another stick to beat bruce with for some i feel. Even if we won they would atill be criticising him for something.

I mean look already posts like "fluke 5-0" 

Personally I haven't called it a fluke (I know others have), but I do think it is the exception and I would be amazed if that sort of performance and convincing wins continue, so much as I enjoyed it i guess I do see the Bristol game as a fluke. I will stop seeing it as such when it happens again. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not sure why Bristol city seems a one off on the back  of yesterday’s result when 10 of the team that beat Bristol city didn’t start yesterday .

what matters is getting the team right and winning at forest - I agree with many that elphick doesn’t deserve to be dropped and some may say steer on the back of yesterday’s game maybe would also be unlucky to be dropped , however I’d expect Bruce to bring back terry and Johnstone at forest .

Yesterday is gone now but it is vital we kick on in the league and that means a good result at forest with 4 home games out of 5 to follow - we must take this chance to pick up points and put the pressure on those above .

The Bristol performance is more of a one off than the yesterdays thats the issue. Hopefully we will see more Bristol’s from now on with Forest being the next.  As you say we’ve got a good run coming up with 4 winnable games up next and we need to take maximum points. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

The Bristol performance is more of a one off than the yesterdays thats the issue. Hopefully we will see more Bristol’s from now on with Forest being the next.  As you say we’ve got a good run coming up with 4 winnable games up next and we need to take maximum points. 

We can not afford anymore badruns under Bruce that’s for sure - we need to be be bang on our game from here until may and with no cup distractions and injuries mostly cleared up we have to now kick on - there can be no excuses from here on in 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

To be fair to DemitriC, he probably typed that O'Hare was by far the best player on the pitch and Bruce was a dick for taking him off but his phone misunderstood and typed he was shit. 

He must have the iLescott 7 or something?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

West Ham, 1980. Although in 2008 Championship Cardiff made the finals. Its unlikely but not impossible. Look at the likelihood of Leicester winning the prem! 

That said, it is better for us that we don't have the added games particularly as Steve Bruce is making a hash of promotion. Those extra games could be the difference between scraping promotion by our fingernails and falling short. So overall I am not too fussed about falling over the first hurdle - BUT

Playing up to Barry Fry's comments perhaps?

I cannot wait till the bluenose a***hole is removed from this club. 

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We did compete - we didn’t get completely outplayed. Peterborough were the better side in a game and won. 

The drama in here is **** ludicrous at times. 

Really? (where is that laughing smiley?) The result says otherwise, the radio commentary says otherwise, the reports say otherwise. People who were at the match say otherwise, so - please tell - how EXACTLY did we compete in this game?

Remember - we played against a League one team who had more shots at goal, more shots on target and ultimately won 3-1.

The defence of Bruce is **** ludicrous at times. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â