Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This could be a defining run of games for Bruce and AV. If we can take any momentum and win a few on the trot, we could positing ourselves well into the top 6.

I will agree TRO I don't particularly care if we go up via the playoffs. My issue has been believing that we could win through the playoffs the way we go about it.

A bit of the monkey of the old back giving Bristol C a flogging. I really hope the positive attributes of the players we have in our squad can shine through more regularly. Despite my criticisms of Bruce, I happily back him and the players to take enough momentum into the playoffs to win our way through or better snag 2nd.

For now I will stop criticising as I don't think it serves any purpose. 

Over to you Mr. Bruce, you have shown us what we're capable of. I'm keen for more.

#GiveBruceachance 

Its all opinions.....but i will be confident going in to the play offs, its getting there is my immediate concern.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

If we miss out automatically and go up via the play offs......our final league position will be purely academic and forgotten the next season.

are Huddersfield bothered?.....are they in awe of Newcastle and Brighton?......No.

It is irrelevant how we do it......its just do it.

The worry for many of us is the difference and confidence that seperates automatic promotion compared to the play offs.

We all want 2nd place don't we agree?

The fact many of us are willing to risk the play offs in our hopes is too much of a lottery for my liking and thats where the insecurities start to kick for many of us based on what we have seen so far this season. We are too hot and cold.

I personally do not like the idea of the extra games the play offs pose and do not feel we should pin our hopes thinking that if we make the play offs then we are equally as good as promoted cause we are not.

I will stick with 2nd or bust and I hope SB can pull it off.

As muted already consistency and sustainability are now absolutely vital for this club going into the remaining part of this season. We need to be aiming higher thsn just being content finishing in a lottery play off place giving the team and money spent.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

With 60 points to play for and being just 5 points off second - there's no excuse for not being able to grab automatic promotion. Unless of course at least one of the teams above us wins every game. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

Just now, villarocker said:

With 66 points to play for and being just 5 points off second - there's no excuse for not being able to grab automatic promotion. Unless of course at least one of the teams above us wins every game. 

60 points to play for 

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well we are currently 5th. So if I'm right and we improve a little with the players we have coming back then we will likely be promoted. How we do it, as in style, is neither here nor there. 

I am pleased we finally beat, nay murdered, a rival. Hopefully that hoodoo has been lifted. 

Doug - we need to improve more than a little and teams above us need to fall away more than a little for us to finish second. I hope I am wrong but not for one minute do I see Bruce masterminding this achievement.

people keep saying he's doing ok - which in my view is simply not enough given the resource he inherited and subsequently had available.

Ok is far from ok in my view 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Doug - we need to improve more than a little and teams above us need to fall away more than a little for us to finish second. I hope I am wrong but not for one minute do I see Bruce masterminding this achievement.

people keep saying he's doing ok - which in my view is simply not enough given the resource he inherited and subsequently had available.

Ok is far from ok in my view 

I hate to get on the bandwagon but we are 5 points behind Derby. If and I mean if, as I'm not fully convinced yet, we can continue to build on 2 very good results then I can see us still getting 2nd.

Humbling as it is for me to admit it.

More fit players, maybe a decent loan in. A favorable run of games. It's very achievable. 

In saying that it is also just as likely to put in a couple of shocking results and drop away again.

I'm firmly on the fence, and it is uncomfortable to say the least.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

59 minutes ago, villarocker said:

With 60 points to play for and being just 5 points off second - there's no excuse for not being able to grab automatic promotion.

There was no excuse for not being able to grab automatic promotion at the start of the season either. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I hate to get on the bandwagon but we are 5 points behind Derby. If and I mean if, as I'm not fully convinced yet, we can continue to build on 2 very good results then I can see us still getting 2nd.

Humbling as it is for me to admit it.

More fit players, maybe a decent loan in. A favorable run of games. It's very achievable. 

In saying that it is also just as likely to put in a couple of shocking results and drop away again.

I'm firmly on the fence, and it is uncomfortable to say the least.

Yes but my fear is a genuine lack of consistency throughout his tenure- lets be honest December was far from good.

i hope I am wrong but I can't see him overseeing an unbeaten run that guides us to automatic promotion 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Yes but my fear is a genuine lack of consistency throughout his tenure- lets be honest December was far from good.

i hope I am wrong but I can't see him overseeing an unbeaten run that guides us to automatic promotion 

December was very poor, however the run of games we have, I just feel we can rack up a heap of points.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The worry for many of us is the difference and confidence that seperates automatic promotion compared to the play offs.

We all want 2nd place don't we agree?

The fact many of us are willing to risk the play offs in our hopes is too much of a lottery for my liking and thats where the insecurities start to kick for many of us based on what we have seen so far this season. We are too hot and cold.

I personally do not like the idea of the extra games the play offs pose and do not feel we should pin our hopes thinking that if we make the play offs then we are equally as good as promoted cause we are not.

I will stick with 2nd or bust and I hope SB can pull it off.

As muted already consistency and sustainability are now absolutely vital for this club going into the remaining part of this season. We need to be aiming higher thsn just being content finishing in a lottery play off place giving the team and money spent.

Well its not like we have a choice....but yes of course we all want to go up automatically.

its all to play for.

Just now, TRO said:

Well its not like we have a choice....but yes of course we all want to go up automatically.

its all to play for.

Course we have a choice.

• We go for it and make sure we do all we can to get 2nd place.

• We just sit back and hope we strike it lucky in making the play offs and then hope we make it and win them.

The obvious choice is part 1 TRO.

All to play for indeed. 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Course we have a choice.

• We go for it and make sure we do all we can to get 2nd place.

• We just sit back and hope we strike it lucky in making the play offs and then hope we make it and win them.

The obvious choice is part 1 TRO.

All to play for indeed. 

My point was, you can still go for it and still only end up in the play offs, hence my point.

we have to go flat out....but that is probably too obvious to state.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

My point was, you can still go for it and still only end up in the play offs, hence my point.

we have to go flat out....but that is probably too obvious to state.

Well you never stated that entirely in the quoted post.

But yes true and on that basis atleast we will have gave it a real good go and if the automatic spot never happened it would not have been for trying with then cannot be faulted for effort etc.

We know we have to go flat out and I expect us to do so in the run in. Nothing less.

Consistency and sustainability.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 07:42, HanoiVillan said:

As of right now, we are 22nd out of 24 teams in the division in terms of number of long balls per match (https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/6848/Stages/15177/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2017-2018) - go to 'situational statistics - pass types - long balls per game'

I wondered how that might change as a percentage based on the total number of passes. So I took those figures and came up with this

Percentage of Passes Per Game that are 'long balls' (+/- to the nearest .5%)

1 = Burton Albion     - 24%
1 = Cardiff City         - 24%
1 = Millwall               - 24%
1 = QPR                     - 24%
5 - Ipswich T.            - 23.5%
6 - Bolton W.             - 22.5%
7 - Barnsley               - 21%
8 - SHA                      - 20%
9 = Leeds United      - 19%
9 = Sunderland         - 19%
11 = Bristol City       - 18.5%
11 = Preston N.E.    - 18.5%
13 - Hull City             - 18%
14 - Sheffield Wed    - 17%
15 = Derby County    - 16%
15 = Reading              - 16%
15 = Sheffield Utd      - 16%
18 = ASTON VILLA   - 15.5%
18 = Brentford           - 15.5%
18 = Middlesbrough - 15.5%
21 - Wolverhampton - 14%
22 = Norwich City     - 13%
22 = Notts. Forest    - 13%
24 - Fulham               - 11%

Not that it disproves or proves anything. Just mildly interesting maybe.

so momentum huh? who needs it? why would you not want to throw away all the good feeling gained from a thumping win with an abject pathetic embarrassment of a performance? This guy is so **** useless at even maintaining good will for two weeks.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â