Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

No chance we will get promoted,  or no chance  Bruce will go?

Sorry should have been clearer, no chance he goes if we get promoted. He'll be kept on for his experience and know how in the premier league. 

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Sorry should have been clearer, no chance he goes if we get promoted. He'll be kept on for his experience and know how in the premier league. 

Getting promoted is the first challenge. Then the decision makers have to do their job. I think you’re probably right though, he would at least start the next season. I don’t think we have a progressive or ruthless enough board to make a big decision like sacking the bloke who just got us promoted. But then again we could both be wrong. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

With Ancellotti out of work I dont think Bruce will be here next season once our players get us promoted despite his negative tactics

Ancellotti's employment status will have absolutely no effect on Aston Villa in any way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Which he absolutely will not be able to do.

I wonder what planet people are living on sometimes.

So world domination with Bruce at the helm is it then. Ok if you say so

Hmm - some strange planet

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

So world domination with Bruce at the helm is it then. Ok if you say so

Hmm - some strange planet

How on earth have you come to the conclusion that that was what I said? :D 

• Thanks 1

If he gets us up - big if - I think whether he stays will be dependent on how we go up. Scraping into the playoffs on the back of turgid 1-0 wins, probably he'll go.  Going unbeaten from here and topping the league and he'll get a go in the PL.

But let's get up first and then worry about it.

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

If he gets us up - big if - I think whether he stays will be dependent on how we go up. Scraping into the playoffs on the back of turgid 1-0 wins, probably he'll go.  Going unbeaten from here and topping the league and he'll get a go in the PL.

But let's get up first and then worry about it.

I think if he gets us up he'll be given a season to keep us up, rightly or wrongly.

I wouldn't be keen on him staying beyond that, unless by that stage he has us playing much much better.

I'd be fine with him going for a better alternative as soon as we go up (IF we go up). Can't see it happening though

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How desperate people are, to now be referencing Neil Warnock as an example of what could have been, it's actually embarrassing guys.

People are only saying that Warnock is doing better than Bruce, with less resources. That looks undeniable.

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

With Ancellotti out of work I dont think Bruce will be here next season once our players get us promoted despite his negative tactics

Ancellotti?.....ok

was that just attention seeking?:D

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Getting promoted is the first challenge. Then the decision makers have to do their job. I think you’re probably right though, he would at least start the next season. I don’t think we have a progressive or ruthless enough board to make a big decision like sacking the bloke who just got us promoted. But then again we could both be wrong. 

Dave ,I don't think it comes down to them being ruthless or not.....you don't run an empire like Dr T and be Lilly Livered......its about making sound judgments and acting upon them.

You have to understand there is no manager that can guarantee anything in terms of results....they too will know that.....but they all want bundles of money, that much is guaranteed.

You and me have to also appreciate that their decision making process may not dovetail in to ours, they see a bigger picture than we.....we are mere dilettantes, they are professional people running a multi million pound business, with million pound decisions that would have us running to the hills.

Don't underestimate the people who are running the club, that is not to over estimate them either.

We can all make comparisons to support our arguments, but invariably they offer very little on either side such is the magnitude of the variables.

We know exactly what we have to do......win every game, the rest is cosmetic.....leave the detail to those that get paid handsomely for it and trust in them until there is a time not to.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â