Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

Haha you just have.

Terry ,people who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

generally in arguments you get back what you give....you claim to support Bruce at times but, rarely have given him the benefit of the  doubt....and any credit appears begruding to me.

Anyway, sick of the past must get back to my sanctimonious view of the future:)

Yes duh ! I DID then because I'm s bit tired of you doing so I thought it'd illustrate my point. My point is it's a rarity - whereas half your Posts are complaining about other people's views.

I don't "claim to support Bruce" at all - I support AVFC, there are things about Bruce I'm fine with, and others that I'm not. The main one I'm not is his negative football for a year, that's not " dishing it out " !!!

I see plenty to criticise and some not to - read my Posts from the Burton game I stick up for him where I think it fair to do so.

I don't "begrudge" him credit - it only seems so to you because you have been so staunchly uncritical.

I don't think he deserves much credit yet. I think he's had a huge pile of resources and a lot of time and done little with it. But Ive no agenda if we continue to play football rather than hide I'm all for it.

I don't see it as my role to take a side - it's up to you if you often do.

And the Post you talk about was both positive and mentioned getting on with the future.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, terrytini said:

Yes duh ! I DID then because I'm s bit tired of you doing so I thought it'd illustrate my point. My point is it's a rarity - whereas half your Posts are complaining about other people's views.

I don't "claim to support Bruce" at all - I support AVFC, there are things about Bruce I'm fine with, and others that I'm not. The main one I'm not is his negative football for a year, that's not " dishing it out " !!!

I see plenty to criticise and some not to - read my Posts from the Burton game I stick up for him where I think it fair to do so.

I don't "begrudge" him credit - it only seems so to you because you have been so staunchly uncritical.

I don't think he deserves much credit yet. I think he's had a huge pile of resources and a lot of time and done little with it. But Ive no agenda if we continue to play football rather than hide I'm all for it.

And the Post you talk about was both positive and mentioned getting on with the future.

He has had the resources but it is only half the story though isn't it? He literally has had to rebuild the team which doesnt happen overnight.

I am hoping now we will see alot better from them

• Like 2

We've seen this before, a good run followed by a poor one. Beating Bolton will change nothing yet. October will be paramount, and I'm sure Bruce knows this. I'm still not the least bit convinced we've turned a corner, but I do hope I'm proven wrong.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vreitti said:

We've seen this before, a good run followed by a poor one. Beating Bolton will change nothing yet. October will be paramount, and I'm sure Bruce knows this. I'm still not the least bit convinced we've turned a corner, but I do hope I'm proven wrong.

Pretty much where I am at too.

10 pts from in last 4 games is good.

If we can make that another win today that will be a continued progress and only whiskers away from the top 4.

Credit where credit is due.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

Agree but for me the big big difference now is that he himself has said it is time for a positive approach which IMO will make all the difference in the world.......it means there is actually good reason to feel hopeful and positive.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, terrytini said:

Yes. That's the way the site works. It'd be odd for him to Post somebody else's opinion. 

;)

I think you need to read the build up to it.....He picked up on one point out of many and by ommission chose to ignore the rest.....but yes everything we write is our opinion, unless we quote facts.;)

22 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Agree but for me the big big difference now is that he himself has said it is time for a positive approach which IMO will make all the difference in the world.......it means there is actually good reason to feel hopeful and positive.

I think that always was the plan....it was a just a question of when that was debatable.

just my opinion.

Yes. That's the way the site works. It'd be odd for him to Post somebody else's opinion. 

;)

when we are at odds over nearly everything Steve Bruce....it would follow that i would say what I did.

my insinuation was that i disagree.

Edited by TRO

I have never complained about other peoples views that would be futile......I have just responded by disagreeing with them.....there is a subtle difference.....as frustrated as we all find that.

I respect peoples opinions, but when some resort to sarcasm, in order to reinforce their stance of Bruce and the team  by questioning the validity of the current form , (Find that cheap)....I thinks is only fair to respond.

Just remember this Terry.....If there was not the level of criticism (in the first place) and the pointed way it has been delivered.....there would be no responses....."what comes first the chicken or the egg"

I have not read any posts overly praising Steve Bruce( in the first place), that could possibly antagonise/irritate folk who are frustrated by his management......(We who have defended him have only done so in general on the basis these things take time ...we then usually get the ridiculous questioning of how long)

Anyway off to our " Theatre of Dreams".....to wallow in our mutual objective.........A win.

I think getting back to back away wins will boost confidence no end. Previously we have never been able to build on an away win.

Credit to Bruce for turning it around recently. It's certainly the first time in ages, that I go into a game not only expecting a victory, but expect it to be comfortable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vreitti said:

We have seen this before, good run, poor run ,good run.

but to to be fair, the team was in the earlier stages of transition.......We are now beginning to show signs of balance and the whole thing is looking stronger.

Its fair to say, that the team has resurrected the good form against lowly teams, so we will see IF we have turned the corner....only time will tell.

Its not about being proved wrong.....its about us all enjoying our team win football matches......I think we all agree on that.

On a football note, win today and the players should have a lot of confidence going into the local derby and should have no fears at all.

I think confidence is a word Bruce has used a lot in his interviews. I am sure that he can see the qualities in the players and what confidence can do to bring those qualities out of them on a consistent basis and winning games, no matter who the opponents are, will breed that. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vreitti said:

Beating Bolton will change nothing yet.

Well, there's no match where a win is more expected than this, but what will be interesting is how we approach the match and if we dominate possession and control the game, which hasn't been a feature of some of the games we have won but which is required if we are to progress.

15 hours ago, terrytini said:

I haven't said any such thing lol.

No. Of course you haven't.

18 hours ago, terrytini said:

I wonder what reception you'd have got for saying we were in "relegation form" a few weeks ago ?

Ill hazard a guess " hysteria", " doom monger", " not enough games to form an opinion", " let's see where we are after 46 games" ?

<_<

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â