Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Heretic said:

Mathematically, it's true in every league.

But the point remains - the odds are that your fortunes are made against the better teams.

Wins against Burton are the very minimum to be expected.

True but you can lose a lot of games in the division and still go up.   Newcastle lost 10 last season but only drew 7. 

I see where you are coming from though. 

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Mathematically, it's true in every league.

But the point remains - the odds are that your fortunes are made against the better teams.

Wins against Burton are the very minimum to be expected.

but you only get 3 points against them all.

you cannot be certain the teams you fear will pick the low lying fruit as you say.

Its no good getting preoccupied by who they are .....just concentrate on beating them ALL.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

It's Jimmy Danger being back imo...maybe not so obvious to the untrained eye...but the difference with/without is palpable.

I can't be adding extra dressing to Bruce's kebab for beating Burton Albion.  The real test will be where he's failed many times before with us.

With Jimmy though, we play less like a bunch of pussies.

Burton Albion who had only lost 1 of their last 6. And that was to top of the table Leeds.

But sure, why should the manager get any credit? :D 

• Like 3

An impressive win tonight. He may have stumbled onto the winning formula, but fair play, he has now stuck with it. He just needs to keep his nerve now that he knows what is required and we can give promotion a shot.

I still need to see a few more good performances and wins before I can be optimistic about our chances, but it now looks as though he will probably be our manager for the rest of the season, so we have to hope he can get us up.

It is so good to win, and win well, no matter the opposition. :) :) :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

An impressive win tonight. He may have stumbled onto the winning formula, but fair play, he has now stuck with it. He just needs to keep his nerve now that he knows what is required and we can give promotion a shot.

I still need to see a few more good performances and wins before I can be optimistic about our chances, but it now looks as though he will probably be our manager for the rest of the season, so we have to hope he can get us up.

It is so good to win, and win well, no matter the opposition. :) :) :)

Well said, I agree.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Burton Albion who had only lost 1 of their last 6. And that was to top of the table Leeds.

But sure, why should the manager get any credit? :D 

Didn't realise that. Just looked and they had only lost one game at home and that was 0-1 to top of the table Cardiff.

Makes the performance and result even better! 

On 25/09/2017 at 08:21, TheStagMan said:

You think we are settled and prepared for the prem now? Really?

I’m saying I DONT think we’re anywhere near ready for the Prem, if we do go up then 80% of the playing staff are not good enough even to survive in that league

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I am absolutely delighted for the fans, who have endured a miserable time over the last 7/8 years.

Not to get too carried away, but that was well executed, by a team who are finding their feet.....It will boost the confidence of all the playing staff.

We have a long, long way to go....but it is very encouraging of late.

lets just take it a game at a time.:)

Agree. I've started looking at our next few fixtures though and even analysis their results so far.  Haven't felt the desire to do that for a while!

Anyway in case anybody cares.  Bolton have only only managed 2 draws all season with one away to Blues.  We will win this comfortably. 

The big one is away to Wolves and even though they have managed to win games at home they have not been convincing.  1-0 wins, last minute goals and a 3-3 draw to Bristol City.  Lets go there and show them we mean business. Who the **** are Wolves!!?

Ok I'm getting too excited now.  Better lie down before I hurt myself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn't realise that. Just looked and they had only lost one game at home and that was 0-1 to top of the table Cardiff.

Makes the performance and result even better! 

do you know what.....It takes a big man to respect his opponent and i think its comes home to roost to those that do......it makes you more confident.

They have moments of good football in their locker....... that was a good win for us.

It could easily have been a banana skin.

Edited by TRO

39 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

It's Jimmy Danger being back imo...maybe not so obvious to the untrained eye...but the difference with/without is palpable.

I can't be adding extra dressing to Bruce's kebab for beating Burton Albion.  The real test will be where he's failed many times before with us.

With Jimmy though, we play less like a bunch of pussies.

What about the performances of snodgrass, adomah, hourihane, Davis and others? Or is it all on kodjia, in your 'trained eyes' perspective?! 

Are you able to enjoy this current form? Are you able to enjoy 3 wins on the spin? Because, I remember you saying that the thing you were looking forward to the most was the run of defeats that gets Bruce sacked. Are you still waiting for that to happen before you can enjoy yourself or are you enjoying 3 wins on the spin and 7 unbeaten? 

P.S Another good result for leonid slutsky tonight! 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

do you know what.....It takes a big man to respect his opponent and i think its comes home to roost to those that do......it makes you more confident.

They have moments of good football in their locker....... that was a good win for us.

It could easily have been a banana skin.

Definitely. 

They aren't a bad side and I went in with an open mind that I want 3 points but 1 wouldn't be the end of the world. The performance and score line has shocked me about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Definitely. 

They aren't a bad side and I went in with an open mind that I want 3 points but 1 wouldn't be the end of the world. The performance and score line has shocked me about.

To be honest i was expecting a draw.....close ground, local, us being used to false dawns.

That was a professional job done IMO.....The lads deserve much credit.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We'll all happily eat humble pie but its way to early for that.  Its looking a  lot more promising than it did a few weeks ago though.

Its too early for Humble Pie, but they tell me the Steak and kiddley is good.:)

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

4 points off second and 7 off the top means we no longer should be seen as challengers for promotion - we should be seen as title contenders. Bruce should be telling those players that a trophy is theirs for the taking.

Win the next two and we are in with a shout. Wolves away is a biggie but we have nothing to fear if we continue playing like this. Of course wolves are better than burton Albion. But we won't be the pushover we were last season that's for sure.

as for Cardiff I think they will be relived they played us when they did as if they were playing us right now they would not be winning 3-0. Am looking forward to the return at villa park to settle the score.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â