Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

My round trip to Villa Park is over 300 miles and the thought of making the trip while Bruce is manager depresses the hell out of me. I will be there Tuesday night as it is what we do but this is going to be a bloody long season. Since he arrived I cannot remember a time when I relished the trip, yet like an idiot I still bought my two season tickets.

Bruce is just the latest in a succession of crap managers - when the f*** is the nightmare going to end?

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I suspect the 30-40 that went before will also have an influence. We've been shite in most of them.

I think he meant he hopes one Win ( on Tuesday) won't save him.

I must admit I can't see how it can be affected by that result, surely they either want him or not.... but that's football !!

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

TRO - you are clearly one of the most measured and thought out posters on VT - I have not agreed with your defence of Bruce - however I have always enjoyed reading your posts which are always respectful to everyone and well meant.

i look forward to more of your posts discussing the merits of a new man at the helm 

thats very kind of you Dave......and its with a heavy heart I concede my defence of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

TRO - you are clearly one of the most measured and thought out posters on VT - I have not agreed with your defence of Bruce - however I have always enjoyed reading your posts which are always respectful to everyone and well meant.

i look forward to more of your posts discussing the merits of a new man at the helm 

i just need to get it right next time:)

25 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Have tweeted this to Tony as an excellent post  @VillaBromsgrove The amount of retweets it is getting already. Hats off to you sir :)

Wish it had also said in there that whilst Dean Smith was preparing for this game, Bruce decided to take a holiday to Portugal. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

My round trip to Villa Park is over 300 miles and the thought of making the trip while Bruce is manager depresses the hell out of me. I will be there Tuesday night as it is what we do but this is going to be a bloody long season. Since he arrived I cannot remember a time when I relished the trip, yet like an idiot I still bought my two season tickets.

Bruce is just the latest in a succession of crap managers - when the f*** is the nightmare going to end?

I live about 2 miles away (easy walk) and I can't be arsed to waste my time and money watching the crap served up at Villa Park. God knows how you manage to find the enthusiasm to go.

8 hours ago, Nigel said:

Im not so sure we are as close as we think to losing Bruce.

All the powers that be have a lot of face saving to do if he fails, he will get more time than most IMO!

He will be gone by Sunday at the very latest in my opinion  - cannot see us beating boro or Barnsley . 

Any later than that and we will be too far adrift to give the new man a realistic crack at promotion , and with the money all spent the job would become less attractive if miles adrift .

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Laughable that Bruce is trying to suggest that the fans were on the back of the players and in particular the young players. It's you Bruce, you are the one people take issue with, you are the one they are booing.

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but it's worth noting the players got roundly booed at full time on Saturday.

No mistaking that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Laughable that Bruce is trying to suggest that the fans were on the back of the players and in particular the young players. It's you Bruce, you are the one people take issue with, you are the one they are booing.

I'm sick and tired of this guy pointing fingers at the fans to try and cover his own failings. 

We've had 11 months of this rubbish without the slightest hint of progress. The kids are the only bright spot of our season and he is only playing them because his own signings have failed and the club want him to bring through young players. 

As if the fans are turning on the young players. I'm utterly sick of Bruce we can't sack him soon enough.

We could win 5-0 on Tuesday and it wouldn't make the slightest difference to my view that he is not the man for the job.

It is what he does. Excuses.

He still claims Sunderland fans never accepted him because he was a Geordie.

I am not even sure it is an act at this point, or quotes to ensure self preservation. He is genuinely deluded.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â