Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But I'm not necessarily even against the removal of Bruce.

Terry, think the points been missed here, I'm not arguing the content/tone of GH's post(s) but rather the similarity and volume of them.

I'll just leave it at that.

ok

Edited by Grasshopper

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Of course he is relaxed and enjoying his holiday. He has no affiliation to our club.

When the club finally get around to sacking him he will walk away with a load of cash. You and I and all the other poor sods who love our club will be left with the shit he has left behind him for others to clear up.

I could not agree more  - I see no affiliation either and would love an ex - villan to come out of the woodwork from somewhere - I feel this would be a welcome sight for most of us - who this might be is another matter?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But I'm not necessarily even against the removal of Bruce.

Terry, think the points been missed here, I'm not arguing the content/tone of GH's post(s) but rather the similarity and volume of them.

I'll just leave it at that.

I agree that some discussions get bogged down into repetitive monotony.  But surely you don't want to encourage posters to stop posting something just because you've heard it enough before?   If you are then we need to add another option to the like function... "Your point is fine but I'm tired of hearing it now, so please stop posting until you have something new to say"  The icon could be an emoji nodding off.   Without that button, I'm not sure how to tell which of my brilliant posts you're likely to find boring.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Folski said:

My aunt met him in the Cheeky Pup Bar, in Quinta Do Lago, Portugal last night. Said he was enjoying his holiday and looked relaxed.

What the hell is he doing on holiday?

Unbelievable!! Hey Steve..how about training all the players not on international duty. How about working with your coaches to pinpoint exactly what is wrong with the team/set-up and then putting it right with an effective system and game plan. How about being the bloody Aston Villa manager - the job you were always waiting for!

Nah, just piss off for a 'well earned' break! Please, please just stay out there and don't come back. 

Edited by eholm
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, eholm said:

Unbelievable!! Hey Steve..how about training all the players not on international duty. How about working with your coaches to pinpoint exactly what is wrong with the team/set-up and then putting it right with an effective system and game plan. How about being the bloody Aston Villa manager - the job you were always waiting for!

Nah, just piss off for a 'well earned' break! Please, please just stay out there and don't come back. 

Eid Mubarak

:trollface:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AJ said:

The last time he was on holiday in Portugal, he convinced Terry to sign for us.

So he's coming back with Miguel?

We could use some cover at RB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

So he's coming back with Miguel?

We could use some cover at RB.

Yes, but no. Bruce is trying to convince him to play up front. :P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

I could not agree more  - I see no affiliation either and would love an ex - villan to come out of the woodwork from somewhere - I feel this would be a welcome sight for most of us - who this might be is another matter?

Dwight says hi!

• Like 1

Yorke seems like Collymore to me, they both care but they have a hugely inflated ego and expect an influence they don't warrant. It's all about themselves first and foremost, the club trailing far behind in priorities, despite the 'passion'. 

Edited by Wezbid

3 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Yorke seems like Collymore to me, they both care but they have a hugely inflated ego and expect an influence they don't warrant. It's all about themselves first and foremost, the club trailing far behind in priorities, despite the 'passion'. 

I consider Collymore a more devoted Villa fan than Dwight to be honest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This 'get a villa man in' rubbish is how the geordies ended up with shearer in charge. 

Agreed , doesn't need to be a villa man , it needs to be the right man and I don't care where he comes from or who he played for .

The likes of Ron Saunders and Graham Taylor weren't villa men when they arrived but boy did they grow to love the club and all that villa stands for . 

• Like 1

On 29/08/2017 at 09:57, Eastie said:

It was a mistake to let baker go only as he would be better back up to samba or elphick .

No way should baker be in the team ahead of terry or Chester .

Another advantage of terry is he's comfortable in possession - he started as a youth at Chelsea in midfield whereas baker hoofs it more often than not .

Im hoping the return of jedinak will see the team link up better between defence and midfield and provide the cover for the centre backs that has been lacking .

when people point to the defence last season it has to be noted jedinak played a big part in protecting the back 4 .

I'm not saying Baker is better than Terry, but I would rather have Baker as a squad player for 10 years than Terry for half a season when he is eventually "up to speed".  To be honest I'm not anti-Terry - I'd rather us not signed Samba who for me is a huge waste of money

• Like 1

I throught the idea with Terry was a calm head ahead of Bakers rashness instead hr just as bad ..his tackle that lead to the freekick against Bristol was pathetic for someone with his experiance and he could easily have given a pen away.

So yes he is better on the ball than Baker but I dont see us as being better at defending with him so far ..

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â