Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

We could win the next two. It wouldn't change anything though, the same problems would still be there lurking under the positive results waiting to scupper us again.

Bruce just won't win enough games to get us up so we should make a change sooner rather than later. Bruce sounds like he has given up already.

I'm not arguing with you but if Tony didn't let Bruce go in the summer, he's not going to let Bruce go after two games or under your scenario of 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss is he?

I can see it as Bruce getting 3 more games to turn it around (by turn it around I mean achieving a minimum of 5/6 points).

That would take us to Bristol City on 26th August. Our next game is then not until 9th September. Meanwhile, if we've scouted a new manager he can be in place after Bristol with a bit of time before the next game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not going to happen though, he didn't go in the summer so not likely to go so soon now especially after Tony let Bruce bring in his players this summer. He's not going to think of plan B after 2 league games, that's just what us over reacting football fans do not real life

Bruce stated himself he knows the consequences of bad results - I see nothing to suggest he will be here by the end of the month - maybe too soon to pull the trigger now but in a fortnight we have a 2 week break and that is when I'd expect it to happen 

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree, just as his pre-season comments sounded like a man who knew what was coming.

Yep. I thought his comments days leading up to the first game were strange. Now it makes sense, he knew what was coming and was getting in his excuses and deflecting the blame early. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm not arguing with you but if Tony didn't let Bruce go in the summer, he's not going to let Bruce go after two games or under your scenario of 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss is he?

Wasn't just a loss though was it , it was a humiliating beating by a team that cost a fraction or ours and 6-0 would have flattered us .

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wasn't just a loss though was it , it was a humiliating beating by a team that cost a fraction or ours and 6-0 would have flattered us .

We got beat badly, no doubt! My argument though is that if we win the next two games it will be seen as a glitch, if we lose the next two games then more reflection on the Cardiff result. Just don't think Tony will pull the pin after yesterday, I just don't think it makes sense after two games if your summer decision was to keep and back Bruce.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

We got beat badly, no doubt! My argument though is that if we win the next two games it will be seen as a glitch, if we lose the next two games then more reflection on the Cardiff result. Just don't think Tony will pull the pin after yesterday, I just don't think it makes sense after two games if your summer decision was to keep and back Bruce.

Time will tell but I'd be amazed if we win our next 2 games having seen yesterday's thrashing - in fact should reading score first I'd fear another heavy beating is more likely - it really was so bad yesterday .

Took me back to the 6-0 defeat at forest the day before turner was fired in 86 . 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think, based on last season too, 2 wins in the next 2 games would be more likely the 'glitch' and the worry would be we would revert back to Bruce football after. I think Xia is already onto Bruce

• Like 1

He's a goner imo.

After the Dr's disappointment last week I imagine words were had and SB was told results/performance  must improve or else. Hence the beaten man interview yesterday.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the trigger was pulled last night. 

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well it was 7 in 23 during the summer and Tony didn't let him go, so it going to be more than 3 more games for his views to flip completely wouldn't you think?

You seem to be Labouring under the impression I or others think the Dr is going to remove Bruce from his position in the morning. I don't think people think that, I certainly don't.

I think he should be that doesn't mean I'm expecting it.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It is Bruce himself that is **** and out his own depth.

You only need to watch his down beat interviews to see he is ready to give up.

"I did not realise the scale of the task when I took the job on" says to me he is a man ready to walk/leave and has no desire to continue.

If Xia won't fire then the dick should just resign.

I don't want him here for another 3 minutes let alone another 3 games!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Time will tell but I'd be amazed if we win our next 2 games having seen yesterday's thrashing - in fact should reading score first I'd fear another heavy beating is more likely - it really was so bad yesterday .

Took me back to the 6-0 defeat at forest the day before turner was fired in 86 . 

Don't get me wrong I will be shocked if we manage to win the next two games.  I thought this season we would be more solid at the back and then have improved slightly in attack. We've done neither so far and looked to have regressed. Now if there is no reaction he is doomed but surely even the players are embarrassed with that game, so maybe because of that we win despite of Bruce's tactics rather than because of Bruce's tactics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It is Bruce himself that is **** and out his own depth.

You only need to watch his down beat interviews to see he is ready to give up.

"I did not realise the scale of the task when I took the job on" says to me he is a man ready to walk/leave and has no desire to continue.

If Xia won't fire then the dick should just resign.

I don't want him here for another 3 minutes let alone another 3 games!

Probably will be the old mutual consent line when it happens .

Have to hold my hands up I got this one wrong.

Back end of last season I was defending SB and saying he needed summer...well the performances are just as bad as then given what we've produced in the opening 3 games.

We will not get automatic promotion with Steve Bruce. Even the play offs are looking a distant pipe dream.

I'm not even sure he'll make it past August. Sure Dr Tony would have noted giving RDM the 7 September games last year and him not winning any of them knackered our promotion hopes there and then so don't think the same mistake will be made.

• Like 2

We need to average 2 points a game. 

Even if we win the next 2 (highly unlikely) we will still be off the pace. We simply can't afford the inconsistency that Bruce has shown with this team. 

Surely Xia will learn from last year in that 10 games realistically ruined our chances of automatic promotion. Why take the same chance again? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'd be surprised if it happened before end of September 

We potted RDM that time last season and were already miles off the top 6 at that point.

This can't be yet another transitional season. We still have 132 points to play for so the brief has to be to make top 6 if/when we change the manager.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â