Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

He just said "first 15/20 minutes second half we struggled "

Yup.

We all noticed. 

We all expected a change to put us back on the front foot.

We all thought he'd learned from last year about getting the subs on.

We were wrong.

• Like 4

I just cant see hiw players fluffing their lines is bruces fault.

Bags of chances. He cant put it in himself. Few players need to pull their socks up.

Love the dinosaur comments. Football has changed in a yr has it?? What was different when he got promoted a yr ago? 

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Needs to stop moaning about FFP !!!

Be. More. Positive.

Please.

How can he be any more positive than the first half?? We ran them ragged.

Lansbury strolling around like he's on a Sunday walk. Take the chances.

So frustrating

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

But picking players like Bacuna that fluff their lines on a regular basis is Bruce's fault. 

3 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Love the dinosaur comments. Football has changed in a yr has it?? 

Lets just remind ourselves how we finished the game. 

At 1-1 he took off a striker and then put a center back upfront. That is fecking atrocious management.

7 minutes ago, Dick said:

Actually, Bruce has had 8 months to sort this out. 8 months including a pre season and the end of a previous season (with no pressure) to sort out the 45 minute issue.

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

The timescale is irrelevant. 

When your plan to score a winner involves bringing on an aging center back, i don't think it's particularly premature to start worrying about how exactly this plonker is going to get us promoted. 

We have 45 games left of the season and this was the first game against an unknown quantity in Hull today, which we didn't even lose. 

I don't think it's fair to say he hasn't learned anything until the end of august. Get through a few games and see if we were just unlucky today or whether there is anything to seriously worry about. 

He had the right idea in my view, we had 2 chances that should have been finished late on in the game and should have been out of sight in the first half hour. The players out on that pitch had the quality to win the game, and the way we played first half clearly shows they were set up to be on the front foot. 

On the bright side we played decent for half hour. I'm convinced Bruce COULD do a great job. He's bought well.

But we just don't go for the kill. Yes in today's game we created chances but the overall story was the same as so many other games. So often only one or two up. Opposition allowed to get back into game.

Surely it's no good him just saying "this keeps happening" he has to look at how webapproach games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

How can he be any more positive than the first half?? We ran them ragged.

Lansbury strolling around like he's on a Sunday walk. Take the chances.

So frustrating

Add a second half ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

We have 45 games left of the season and this was the first game against an unknown quantity in Hull today, which we didn't even lose. 

I don't think it's fair to say he hasn't learned anything until the end of august. Get through a few games and see if we were just unlucky today or whether there is anything to seriously worry about. 

He had the right idea in my view, we had 2 chances that should have been finished late on in the game and should have been out of sight in the first half hour. The players out on that pitch had the quality to win the game, and the way we played first half clearly shows they were set up to be on the front foot. 

A foreign manager new to English football, with a much more changed team, managed to pull off a 1-1 draw today. They had something like 9 chances in a row to score. I wish I was as optimistic but I'm a realist.

• Like 1

What does Bruce say at half time seriously? 

First half was fantastic, absolutely cruising and dominating the game. Second half we just sit back and let them come onto us, does my head in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Bags of chances. He cant put it in himself. Few players need to pull their socks up.

Every single Team, including those that win titles, miss tons of chances.

If players put away all their good chances most games would finish 10-7.

It has to be expected.

The trick is not to regularly allow the opposition to grab the initiative thus allowing them an increased chance of scoring themselves.

A table winning side, which is what we are supposed to be watching, can win lots of games 1-0 because 

(a) they fail to convert chances but

(b) still dominate the opposition.

I don't see us EVER having done (b) under Bruce and that is either tactical or an inability to get what's needed from his players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

He'll be gone before Christmas but it won't be Moyes.

Needs wins and fast or he will struggle to see out October . 

We had games with missed chances galore under RDM  and he was gone after a few games - it's a results business and Bruce simply cannot afford a bad start .

We need points on the board in the next few games .

21 minutes ago, skarroki said:

1 game into the season.

Time to hit the panic button!!

1 game this season, but 35 games last season and all of this pre-season seeing the same issues. That's why people are concerned. 

• Like 2

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly from the manager today. 

1st 30-35mins were good, but 4 and a 1/2 chances later and it's only 1-0. After that it was a familiar story. Opposition gets a couple of breaks, we start to look jittery. 

The opening period of the second half was to be expected. They obviously took a rollicking and made a couple of tweaks. We just didn't weather the storm well, or look to get back in the ascendancy. Bruce took too long to react and when he did, I'm not sure he made the right choices. Still, we missed an open goal and had a load of set pieces, the players just lacked a bit of quality. Again. 

Seeing Samba at the end was a sobering sight. I don't want to go over the top, I get why he did it, but it was a bit of a bizarre move and not something I agree with. 

For those that say we don't create chances, I don't think that's the case and we absolutely could/should have been out of sight at HT. We played well, put some decent moves together. We've seen it so many times and it doesn't just happen to Villa, if you don't make periods of dominance count, teams will always come back at you at some point in the game. That said, his decision making in the second half was questionable at best. 

Bruce was the wrong manager last season and after watching today's game nothing has convinced me that he is anything other than the wrong manager for this season. It was the same old de ja vu shit.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â