Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

17 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

On 27/04/2017 at 19:01, sheepyvillian said: 

I respect your opinion TRO as frustrating as it may be .

I respect Tro too.

and that he has the right to have an opinion

It's his opinion which I can't get my head around

Thanks GH

back to your point.

My opinion Is based in the main by giving the manager time to do the job......until it is absolutely clear that the manager has not got the ability to fix our problems.

It seems you are not prepared to give him that time, whereas I am.

I'm not sure what is hard to get your head around.

I would have given any manager the time on the back of the results that have been acheived.

where it is difficult to allow time ,is when the team is losing every week.

The two obvious decisions are should he stay or should he go. The stay camp say he needs time and we don't need any more disruption. They reinforce this point by adding he needs a full preseason. The go camp think he's had enough time and he needs to go now. 

Whilst im still not totally decided  myself, I feel that with every passing game and no change to the football we see, I have at least one foot in the go camp. There is just no progress being made and to not try anything new today for me says we seem to be on the road to nowhere. If Bruce knows it's not good enough then why doesn't he do something to try to change it?

There is a risk changing managers, but it's an even bigger risk changing managers mid season. Then the new guy won't have had the advantage of the mythical magic of a full preseason. 

• Like 4

I just don't see the plan other than 'try not to concede and Kodjia scores a solo goal'

it will win us a few games as this season has showed but it is not going to get us promoted.

• Like 4

My reasoning for Bruce out

- His start with us was decent, but his reliance on Gabby in Jan, as well as odd formation switches cost us at least 12 points.

- His signings were all from teams who play good football on the floor. But he has them being overlooked as we pump balls over their heads. He claims we should keep the ball better but as a manager he is not doing this, he is failing.

- Strange formation choices

- Changing formation constantly. Does he have any idea?

- Tactics are to rely on Kodjia with long balls as we sit deep

- Putting square pegs in round holes. 

- I could accept poor performances with wins if I could see a way forward. We are now getting nothing and no idea.

He is just winging it, making it up as he goes.

If he genuinely thinks a midfield consisting of Bacuna and Gardner are not only going to go out and win games but also fight back from a goal down to get back into the game then he is done for me.

• Like 3

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Clueless, I hope we get rid of him, he has had plenty of time but hasn't come up with a viable system and I can count on one hand the good performances we've had under him, the football is utter, utter, utter **** shite.

Brighton is the only one I can think of.

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Pfff, I don't even know anymore. I don't mind either way.

This. I dont give a shit. Sack him dont sack him. Regardless the curse will never be lifted. The lion is fast asleep im afraid. 

Sack him.. who do we get? who wants to come? Glad season is almost over.

Edited by KSV

Under Bruce we've played one game, Brighton, where i thought we played very well for the full 90 minutes and controlled the game.

Aside from that the football has been shit, and we've won a load of games relying on a couple of players to pull rabbits out the hat.

People may say the result is all that matters and it doesn't matter if you play poor but win, but if you keep playing poor, it's going to bite you in the backside - just like over christmas, and just like the past 5 or so games.

We have no chance of playoffs playing like this next season. And as for Bruce saying he wants 4 or 5 more quality players - how expensive of a team do you want? You spent 20 million in January on players widely seen as top players in the Championship, and yet under you they look like they haven't kicked a ball before. 

How about you work on improving the players you have. Look at teams above us - full of players who if we got linked to them we would go who are they? Yet the managers of those teams manage to get them playing football far superior to us.

• Like 3

One of the top scorers now cannot buy a goal and the top assister looks absolutely lost and the goalscoring midfielder we bought hasn't scored once, and is also hooked off. Coupled with this we have Bacuna and Gardner playing 90 minutes and all in all I would say that Bruce does not have A BLOODY CLUE.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â