Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

We have to be careful we don't start to sound like spoilt kids. Our owner has put lots of money in during this window and many of us have been delighted with Bruce's signings.

Then, after an admittedly shite performance, people are calling for his head even before some of our signings have even been announced.

It's no surprise fans of other clubs like to see us lose.

• Like 4

Well utter garbage again , lack of tactics again on show never in the game .Has brought in a whole new midfield and we look like we are playing with 10 men there are so many gaps.

Under pressure for me now 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

We have to be careful we don't start to sound like spoilt kids. Our owner has put lots of money in during this window and many of us have been delighted with Bruce's signings.

Then, after an admittedly shite performance, people are calling for his head even before some of our signings have even been announced.

We turn quicker than most.  Just check the midfielder(s) threads :D 

• Like 2

I think calls for his head are understandable but it's not what we need .

He should be given time (as RDM should've been) - but only because it's the right thing to do, not because performances or results merit it.....but his tactics are yet again dreadful.

On the plus side we have the last twenty minutes against Brighton and the first half against Preston.

On the minus we have all the rest of all the games.

Been saying for weeks he is too negative (nobody within 30 yards of Kodja) and sits too deep. The only time we look effective has been the few games we've pressed ( like Brentford have tonight).

It is also becoming a repeating pattern that / whoever he buys or selects- he doesn't seem able to get an energetic performance out of them. Again, for me, the players don't look as if they are being coached for a high energy attacking game.

They DO look like we gave no real system other than defend with ten men then try and hit the front man.

I don't buy the 'settling in' idea....yes it plays a part but if you play Hourihane in your own half he isn't going to affect s game. And this performance wasn't because of settling in, it's s repeat of what's gone before.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I don't think anyone could or would moan about the chairman I think a few if us just wish his commitment was matched on the pitch and the coaching staff. 

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I agree I wouldn't want to see him sacked but I couldn't give a Damn how fans of other Clubs see us.

It doesn't matter if we spent s billion pounds it's fair to criticise the very poor performances we are seeing every game, and fair to question and criticise the Manager.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I think calls for his head are understandable but it's not what we need .

He should be given time (as RDM should've been) - but only because it's the right thing to do, not because performances or results merit it.....but his tactics are yet again dreadful.

On the plus side we have the last twenty minutes against Brighton and the first half against Preston.

On the minus we have all the rest of all the games.

Been saying for weeks he is too negative (nobody within 30 yards of Kodja) and sits too deep. The only time we look effective has been the few games we've pressed ( like Brentford have tonight).

It is also becoming a repeating pattern that / whoever he buys or selects- he doesn't seem able to get an energetic performance out of them. Again, for me, the players don't look as if they are being coached for a high energy attacking game.

They DO look like we gave no real system other than defend with ten men then try and hit the front man.

I don't buy the 'settling in' idea....yes it plays a part but if you play Hourihane in your own half he isn't going to affect s game. And this performance wasn't because of settling in, it's s repeat of what's gone before.

Good points.

The lack of energy could be a function of them being told to sit back and stand off, rather than have, for instance, a high press, which really at this level we should be doing - keeping the ball better and relentlessly look to win it back when not in possession, forcing the opposition to make mistakes baring in mind that at this level technique isn't good to be particularly good under immense pressure.

Bruce really is just the second coming of McLeish, every bit as negative and every bit as clueless when it comes to changing tactics and players during the match. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

It's just really disappointing after the start he had.  Perhaps writing this season off and going for a young manager with a vision like Wagner would have been better.  As it is, sacking Bruce would make us an even bigger laughing stock, plus he deserves longer with the new players anyway.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I agree I wouldn't want to see him sacked but I couldn't give a Damon how fans of other Clubs see us.

It doesn't matter if we spent s billion pounds it's fair to criticise the very poor performances we are seeing every game, and fair to question and criticise the Manager.

I just think that other clubs fans love to see us being shit and when we play them they seem to really gee up their players. Yes they want their teams to win but there always seems to be that little bit more determination against us.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If this continues he may have yo go. I'm sick of this go a goal behind then crumble. Why can't they fight like lions???

big test for Bruce now as no more excuses. That was pathetic a real joke

Thing is, that's been happening for years. The same things persist regardless of who is manager.

I'm not at all happy with what Bruce has been doing lately but sadly I just don't think another manager will make much of a difference.

His constant late substitutions do my head in. 73 minutes before he made a change, can't understand it at all & for Christs sake can we please stop lumping the ball forward at EVERY SINGLE opportunity. Is it really too much to ask for us to put a few passes together?

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â