Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

51 minutes ago, AndyGray1985 said:

He's adored as a coach and former player at EFC - some called for him as a manager after his 1 game as caretaker :-D

He'd be shit away from home.

Edited by dukes

13 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Well everyone seems convinced that he will gain us promotion - ?  Followed in my view by a relegation struggle - here's your 18 months give or take 

Sorry I'm not being awkward - I just don't follow what you are saying ?

Are you saying that if he gets us promoted and that after that we struggle that will mean I was misguided to suggest his appointment is reasonable ?

(Sorry if I've got that wrong BTW )

If you are saying that, I'm afraid it makes no sense to me !!  If he gets us up its worked !! If we fail to build on that its another issue.

Or are you saying 'one day' it will go wrong ?  In which case I agree, but that goes for every Managerial appointment I can remember anywhere in football !

11 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

What a boring end to a boring management search. 

Your constant use of one liners with the action word being "boring" in every other post on the threads referring to the new manager is getting boring.

*We get it

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
Because
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

So, how are everyone's wrists this evening?

Just kidding - Welcome Bruce. A sign of how far we have fallen, but exactly what we need right now. And probably what he needs as well. 

UTV - Lets get this show on the road. 

Either slashed or aching apparently !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I didn't realise management searches were supposed to be entertaining. 

You know reading some of this stuff I think that's part of the problem.  In this X Factor World everything has to be interesting !

How many remember the hunt for the successor to Vic Crowe ?  How many debated the merits of a guy who had previously had very average stats at Man City and Norwich ?  A few. 

All this is a diversion.  All that matters is that our Manager gets our players to win games.  Everything else is just baloney.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

You know reading some of this stuff I think that's part of the problem.  In this X Factor World everything has to be interesting !

How many remember the hunt for the successor to Vic Crowe ?  How many debated the merits of a guy who had previously had very average stats at Man City and Norwich ?  A few. 

All this is a diversion.  All that matters is that our Manager gets our players to win games.  Everything else is just baloney.

Chris Baloney

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

The problem with this post (and I totally agree with 100% of it) but the X factor world (as you put it) creates the environment by which you not only write the said post, but others read it. 

There will have always been opinions. The fact that they weren't splattered in front of your face is a different matter.

Just now, Woodytom said:

The problem with this post (and I totally agree with 100% of it) but the X factor world (as you put it) creates the environment by which you not only write the said post, but others read it. 

There will have always been opinions. The fact that they weren't splattered in front of your face is a different matter.

Agreed. And because someone comments on it one feels the compulsion to contest/agree with it !! We are all trapped !!

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

It's unrealistic to expect promotion this year.  Bruce would need to win about 55% of games and get over 70 points.  I hope villa fans don't expect miracles then turn on him and Xia if we don't go up.  Think we will need to consolidate for now and push on next season.  

You must be joking! That is the minimum I expect from this appointment!  (refuse to say his name)..

Because you can bet your arse if we are not in the top 4 come christmas then I will be one of the first calling for his head!

Call me unrealistic, I don't give a Donkeys Conkers! I Didn't want This latest appointment so he needs to damn deliver and fast to stand any remote chance of surviving here!.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You must be joking! That is the minimum I expect from this appointment!  (refuse to say his name)..

Because you can bet your arse if we are not in the top 4 come christmas then I will be one of the first calling for his head!

Call me unrealistic, I don't give a Donkeys Conkers! I Didn't want This latest appointment so he needs to damn deliver and fast to stand any remote chance of surviving here!.

I bet Bruce is quaking in his boots

• Like 2

Â