Match Thread: Preston v Villa

limpid

.....aaaand booed off.

I liked that the commentator after Jedinak's booking for having a go at the ref/linesman said "He'll have to be careful now, he can't go flying into things in the second half" Flying into things?!? The man can't run, he's playing walking football, who's he going to fly in on, Grayson's gran?

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

No one wants to be the kind of club where you regularly have two and three managers a season - I'm almost always of the opinion that you have to give a manager time, there's almost always a reason, there's almost always a long term view, you can be patient if there's a plan, you can be patient if it's down to players, you can be patient if there's some sort of underlying development. I don't think we can afford to be patient right now.

The fans don't believe, the players don't seem to know what they're doing or believe in what the manager is telling them to do, they either don't know how they should be set up, or they do but they think it's stupid and we're going nowhere but downwards, this is the worst performance of the season so far and it's been a poor season. 

He has to go.

This could already be five or six.

Agree OBE - there has been nothing to cling on to since day one with Di Matteo. Dare I say it, there have been managers who have not been successful at Villa in recent times who have at least pulled a result out of the bag, or kept us up (yes Lambert) or even showed some heart in an interview or on the touchline but I cannot see anything positive to cling to at all. Nothing to suggest or even hint at something to look forward to and as a fan, even during terrible times, that glimmer of hope is needed. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We are shite, I hate this team, millions squandered on utter shite and another **** shitbag for a manager. 

they are not all shite, we have 3 strikers who have regularly scored over 20 goals in this division...

thats not shite......shite is tactics and the team having no game plan....thats shite and that comes from RDM and thats what i call shite

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 2

I haven't seen any of the match, but looking at the stats on the BBC website, it looks like we are being cut open fairly regularly. 14 shots against us in that first half. That is a disgrace, no offence meant to Preston, but they are stats you may expect playing a Champions League team.

Our Midfield is a disgrace, for an ex midfielder not to see that and address that in the summer is criminal. RDM must go after this game, his time for me is up. I always suspected he was a duff manager, and sadly he is proving me correct. :(