Next Villa Manager

Richard

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

And about not being biased about him a few further back than that

You've got a real bee in your bonnet about that. 

That was regarding him wanting to be here, which has been mentioned in a few various places, but isn't that big a deal and I've no need to be 'biased' over that particular aspect. This was also on Monday. Since then I have warmed more and more to the idea of him being manager, I think he's the right fit. If it's not him I'll go with it and back the new man, home and away.  

There's nothing unusual there. I've no idea what your point is. 

Hmmm, seems to be a bit of a move on Sean Dyche , down to 10/1 (was around 25/1 earlier) on Paddy Power, and 2/1 on Betfair Exchange.

Interesting....

According to the Daily Mail earlier in the week, he was in the 3 man list.

Edited by sidcowans21
  • Like 3

If it's Fat **** Steve Bruce I'm done and will be demanding a refund on my corporate ticket they begged &begged me to buy. Don't care that he has managed sha a decade ago just hate the fat prick as a man and manager. Simple (and childish) as. It will be the last straw for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

If it's Fat **** Steve Bruce I'm done and will be demanding a refund on my corporate ticket they begged &begged me to buy. Don't care that he has managed sha a decade ago just hate the fat prick as a man and manager. Simple (and childish) as. It will be the last straw for me. 

I feel your pain and a little of my love for the club dies if it's him

6 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

Hmmm, seems to be a bit of a move on Sean Dyche , down to 10/1 (was around 25/1 earlier) on Paddy Power, and 2/1 on Betfair Exchange.

Interesting....

That would blow my mind, of course. Hadn't even considered him viable to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

Interesting....

Dyche is interesting. If he would come here, he would be my choice. Interestingly, I recall he was a lot of people's choice when we got Garde in.. 

If it's Bruce v Dyche, I'd probably take Dyche over Douche*

*nb. If he gets the job, he's no longer a douche.  

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It was reported as 3. 

I'm going to lay Steve Bruce I think. I've a feeling he's not even one of the two.

Take him out to dinner first. I think he likes fish and chips.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

Interesting....

I just had £25 on him at 28s and he's now in to 22s on SkyBet. 

1 minute ago, Sam3773 said:

Dyche is interesting. If he would come here, he would be my choice. Interestingly, I recall he was a lot of people's choice when we got Garde in.. 

If it's Bruce v Dyche, I'd probably take Dyche over Douche*

*nb. If he gets the job, he's no longer a douche.  

Wasn't Brian Little a big admirer of him aswell before we got Garde?

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If you Play Your Cards Right, you might just get that refund.

36 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Ange Postecoglou should be given an interview. Way out of left field but is a very good coach and man manager.....

I oppose this. He is doing a very good job with the Australian team at the moment. Maybe in the future, but not now.

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Another questions for you to think about.  Did JG spend more money than Brian Little? If so why didn't we improve on what Little created?  Leave it at that because gone off topic.

The main reason JG hit his ceiling after a couple years was that he realised the Villa 3-5-2 (BL->JG) wasnt a formation that could compete with ManU, Arsenal, (Blackburn & Toon)

He famously went to 4-4-2 against Sunderland away and lost 2-1 whilst playing great and dominating the game only to be undone very easily.

he went back to 3-5-2 lost confidence & momentum then moaned about wanting 2 more players all the time

Ok I've done a more research than I should've bothered with but I think these are Bruce's top 20 signings by fee:

1 Asamoah Gyan £13,600,000
2 Michael Turner £11,560,000
3 Darren Bent £10,300,000
4 Abel Hernández £10,200,000
5 Emile Heskey* £7,920,000
6 Shane Long £7,230,000
7 David Dunn £7,010,000
8 Nikica Jelavic £6,630,000
9 Emile Heskey* £6,380,000
10 Robert Snodgrass £6,380,000
11 Lee Cattermole £5,950,000
12 Stéphane Sessègnon £5,950,000
13 Jake Livermore £5,950,000
14 Jason Koumas £5,870,000
15 Charles N'Zogbia £5,440,000
16 Clinton Morrison £5,420,000
17 Gary McSheffrey £5,100,000
18 Lorik Cana £4,930,000
19 Tom Huddlestone £4,930,000
20 Moses Odubajo £4,250,000

(*signed for Birmingham, and Wigan.)

Also of note, Lee Cattermole, Alan Hutton, Keiran Richardson, and Titus Bramble.

In fairness he did also sign Antonio Valencia for Wigan.

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

:wave:

I don't get to go too many games due to my work, but I'm not wasting my time going when I can spend time with my family. Will always love the villa and will follow them with as much passion and pride as before. Just don't waste my time and money on watching a Steve Bruce villa team. Simple as! 

I really hope he is a success and I get these words rammed down my throat next season, but I have a personal long held dislike for the man,. Just because he will villa manager won't change that. 

• Like 1