PieFacE

Bunch of losers, sad thing is that it was all so predictable.

If they went out and got a top striker, or at the very least someone who was going to come in and provide an impact they would have been laughing. To go through the majority of the season with Donkey Giroud and Theo is criminal at this end of the table.

Wenger, the whole world caught up with you a long time ago. You need to go, but whilst he rakes in £8m, finishes 4th every year it isn't going to happen.

Sometimes you need to roll the dice.

...just like Charlton did with Curbs.

....but seriously the time has come, surely?

Didn't he want Benzema and when he couldn't get him, he didn't want to go for anybody else. Really there aren't that many top class strikers around. Its the defence he should have fixed really. How much did united pay for a teenager who has only got a handful of goals. Leicester got lucky with Vardy . Nobody could have foreseen he would get 21 league goals this season..

Edited by PaulC

Was discussing this with my Mother yesterday, she's an Arsenal fan and I put to here the theory the only reason Wenger is staying on is he secretly wants to beat Fergie's longevity at Man. United.

He was there 26 years wasn't he? Wenger will be 20 years next September so another year, another 3 year deal and he wouldn't be far off at all. There's certainly next to no chance of the board there actually sacking him.

I wouldn't put it past Wenger to be hanging on purely for that.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was discussing this with my Mother yesterday, she's an Arsenal fan and I put to here the theory the only reason Wenger is staying on is he secretly wants to beat Fergie's longevity at Man. United.

He was there 26 years wasn't he? Wenger will be 20 years next September so another year, another 3 year deal and he wouldn't be far off at all. There's certainly next to no chance of the board there actually sacking him.

I wouldn't put it past Wenger to be hanging on purely for that.

Naw, surely not, he's ancient. 

That will take him to 73. I just don't think you can look that far ahead when you reach mid 60s, although managers do seem to be carrying on much longer than they used to. I don't think he would want to go out without a title for so long. Maybe he's just clinging until he either wins a title or a champions league. Looking back the last 7 or 8 years, There lowest points total is 68 and highest 79. So this season even with a poor Chelsea and Man U they look on course for the lower end of that total

21 hours ago, PaulC said:

Didn't he want Benzema and when he couldn't get him, he didn't want to go for anybody else. Really there aren't that many top class strikers around. 

Pretty much this and its kind of annoying how many times this topic has to be discussed. Even if it is the same posters...Its not like hes ignoring strikers for sake of it...He tried to signed Saurez  for his "supposed" release clause (**** knows what happened in conversation after that,,,)....interested in benzema....benzema is, imo, the bottom of strikers who is worth the upgrade for money spent

but ill wait 3 months until we have this conversation again, with no legit strikers being suggested, and we go full circle once again. 

p.s i await benteke name

Aubameyang, Cavani, Higuan, Batshuayi, Lacazette, yes even Benteke. Some proven quality some with high potential, but all accessible to Arsenal. The problem is Wenger is too stubborn and won't pay over the price HE thinks is right, even though the club has the money. (And my knowledge of world football is poor these days, so I'm sure there are many others).

Edited by mikeyp102

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Aubameyang, Cavani, Higuan, Batshuayi, Lacazette, yes even Benteke. Some proven quality some with high potential, but all accessible to Arsenal. The problem is Wenger is too stubborn and won't pay over the price HE thinks is right, even though the club has the money. (And my knowledge of world football is poor these days, so I'm sure there are many others).

If you think Benteke's touch is poor at times...Batshuayi attempting to hold the ball up and even passing the ball on occasions is something else...don't think he's ready for a champions league club at all yet. He isn't even getting a game ahead of Fletcher atm for Marseille. 

Lacazette seems to have gone a bit quiet this year but good finisher.

Higuain's been linked to Arsenal for years, maybe doubts about him in the big games but he consistantly scores 20-25 goals a season. Him and Cavani are getting on to nearly 30 now so just can't see Wenger spending huge amounts on those two.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If you think Benteke's touch is poor at times...Batshuayi attempting to hold the ball up and even passing the ball on occasions is something else...don't think he's ready for a champions league club at all yet. He isn't even getting a game ahead of Fletcher atm for Marseille. 

Him and Cavani are getting on to nearly 30 now so just can't see Wenger spending huge amounts on those two.

Fair enough, I've never actually seen him play.

That's the thing he COULD sign these players he is just too stubborn. 

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Naw, surely not, he's ancient. 

Think Sir Bobby went to 72 when he was sacked by Newcastle and he could've probably managed another year before his health started to decline. 

Fergie stepped down at Man. United when he was 71 and a half and still looks in decent nick.

Wenger could easily do the job until he's 70, I wouldn't rule that out as a motivation for him. Arsenal still probably won't win the league if he manages them until he's 100!

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Fair enough, I've never actually seen him play.

That's the thing he COULD sign these players he is just too stubborn. 

of course he could, Higuain is perfect example he was linked all summer and he went Napoli for not extraordinary amounts and his goal record has been brilliant since then. Other players as well he just too cheap to buy. Payet is another maybe Benteke and Alderweireld, players that signed for clubs not as good as Arsenal but all 4 would have made them better 

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

of course he could, Higuain is perfect example he was linked all summer and he went Napoli for not extraordinary amounts and his goal record has been brilliant since then. Other players as well he just too cheap to buy. Payet is another maybe Benteke and Alderweireld, players that signed for clubs not as good as Arsenal but all 4 would have made them better 

It was brilliant before then. Wenger is a joke.

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

well he just too cheap to buy. Payet is another maybe

you have to be trolling here...like surely...if not then just wow...

If you want a top 4 team to start spamming crosses and play deep line to highlight benteke strengths...then sure he'll be perfect...but it just isnt ever going to happen. Therefore he'll be shit for a team like liverpool and will never get a move to a top team... (but im sure youre right about how hes "perfect" for them, whilst majority of top teams scouts/analytics decided to ignore a 32m PERFECT striker lol) 32m perfect striker..hmmm...just think about that a little bit more.

Edited by gharperr

you have to be trolling here...like surely...if not then just wow...

If you want a top 4 team to start spamming crosses and play deep line to highlight benteke strengths...then sure he'll be perfect...but it just isnt ever going to happen. Therefore he'll be shit for a team like liverpool and will never get a move to a top team... (but im sure youre right about how hes "perfect" for them, whilst majority of top teams scouts/analytics decided to ignore a 32m PERFECT striker lol) 32m perfect striker..hmmm...just think about that a little bit more.

Like "I'm sure" you'd know he WOULDN'T be perfect for them, like, soooo?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Like "I'm sure" you'd know he WOULDN'T be perfect for them, like, soooo?

heres lapal.....ofc he wouldnt be perfect for them. what kind of post is this lapal.  his time at plop has literally shown he wouldnt be perfect...keep your posts coming.

Edited by gharperr

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â