PieFacE

Max Dowman played for their U19s in UEFA Youth League and scored, still only fourteen, was playing for their U18s last season, made his debut as a thirteen year old, two goals and six assists in nine appearances at that level

Three words to describe Arsenal (and their fanbase) under Mikel Arteta: Petulant, hysterical & paranoid. They morph into a Simeone side when they have to play one of these 'title deciders'. I really hope they don't win any major trophies because I really dislike watching them succeed.

I thought both Arsenal goals were questionable; Walker being called out of position by the ref, and then Arsenal taking a quick free kick in the space he's vacated. And for their second there are at least two Arsenal players surrounding the keeper, I though refs were clamping down on that this season?

• Like 2

They deserved that at the end 

The stats around the passing is funny but it's highlighting that 2 of their players, including havertz who should be their out ball had 5 and 6 touches, I think it was bout 10 mins in to the 2nd half man city had 91% possession, that's madness, that's something we'd laugh at it Ipswich did it

Part of this greatest defence in the PL stuff, those defenders couldn't slow the game and keep the ball

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I thought both Arsenal goals were questionable; Walker being called out of position by the ref, and then Arsenal taking a quick free kick in the space he's vacated. And for their second there are at least two Arsenal players surrounding the keeper, I though refs were clamping down on that this season?

This was my opinion too but the commentary seems to be that Arsenal were cheated. 

Arteta was assistant to Guardiola at City for a few years obviously, but at times Arsenal look more like a Mourinho style team.

Last two PL games in particular.

Edited by AJG23

The biggest game of theirs last season wasn't us, it was Man City away, and they went there and tried to park the bus.

George Graham would be pleased with this side, to be honest.  "One nil, to the Arsenal" should be being sang again. 

But the "Arsenal way" has been gone since Wenger, and I'm not sure we'll ever see them play that type of fluid, attacking football again.  

Also, for all the plaudits Saka gets for Arsenal and England, I can't remember a game off the top of my head he's made a massive difference. 

He scores 1 in 4, which for an inside winger, isn't that great, is it? 

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Also, for all the plaudits Saka gets for Arsenal and England, I can't remember a game off the top of my head he's made a massive difference. 

I can't be having this. I don't even like the guy particularly - I mostly agree with the common critique that he's a diver - but he offers so much more than goals and assists. He's one of the best out-of-possession wide players we've had in the league. 

Can anyone tell me how whoscored match ratings work?

Havertz got a 7.02 and didn't complete a pass no assists no goals no key passes a bunch of clearances.

What metric is providing the 7.02?

I've seen some of our players get 60/70 odd passes, 90% accuracy, key passes and assists and barely scrape a 7.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's got 25 goal involvements in each of the past two seasons. Even factoring in that he's the penalty taker, that's still v. good and consistent numbers. He has 5 assists already in 24-25 (mostly from corners, I think). He's also excellent off the ball and defensively disciplined. If he didn't feign injury and limp around the pitch every match he'd be a great player to watch!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Raya had a decent game but he would struggle being blocked in by players (he's not very big) if this tactic is now being ignored by the refs, tbh I was waiting for city to replicate it.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Ederson was a joke for those corners. Fair enough if he's about to claim the ball and an Arsenal player sticks a hand in his face but all that happened was Martinelli standing his ground and Ederson just collapsing as soon as contact occurred.

I'd be disappointed if Emi tried that and not like Ederson was that close to claiming the ball so I'm pleased to see those goals given.

Austin McPhee would be taking notes on that for when we play them, we'll certainly have Ramsey on his toes.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ederson was a joke for those corners. Fair enough if he's about to claim the ball and an Arsenal player sticks a hand in his face but all that happened was Martinelli standing his ground and Ederson just collapsing as soon as contact occurred.

I'd be disappointed if Emi tried that and not like Ederson was that close to claiming the ball so I'm pleased to see those goals given.

Austin McPhee would be taking notes on that for when we play them, we'll certainly have Ramsey on his toes.

spacer.png

Whats Ederson supposed to do here? There are two Arsenal players obstructing him with no intention of going for the ball. They are there purposely to disrupt the goalkeeper. They aren’t fouling him, but in my day they called this obstruction.

Watch the replay, Saliba runs across him but no contact and there's space between them as the ball is played.

I think with these incidents it's whether the ref think the keeper has any chance of claiming the ball. If Ederson's about to claim it and Martinelli barges him then it gets disallowed but to me that looks like it's just floating over him regardless due to his position.

I was incredibly annoyed we had the goal v Sheffield United disallowed but that was different as the keeper actually punched it out while Ramsey was holding him so there was more in that to disallow than yesterday.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I was incredibly annoyed we had the goal v Sheffield United disallowed but that was different as the keeper actually punched it out while Ramsey was holding him so there was more in that to disallow than yesterday.

Problem with the Sheff Utd goal getting VARed was that Ramsey's foul happened about 3 phases of play before we scored.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â