PieFacE

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It probably wasn’t up to him though. They are also restricted by FFP and the kind of striker who would actually improve them seemed to be out of their budget. 

He still had to get someone in. You can't just say well we couldn't get a top striker, even Icardi or some half decent striker would have given them some chance. There aren't many top strikers available so you have to make do. 

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

They are rather dull, aren't they? At least under Wenger they were good to watch even if the defence slowly evolved into a shambles. It's twenty years since they won the title, can't see that changing this year.

Depends what being dull is, I suppose.  They score a lot of goals, are excellent technically in possession and have a very strong defence.

Maybe it's because they don't concede much that makes them dull?

Man City obviously stop anyone else from winning the title, but I imagine Arsenal will comfortably be 2nd again.  It's as good as it gets for any non-Man City side, sadly.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Depends what being dull is, I suppose.  They score a lot of goals, are excellent technically in possession and have a very strong defence.

Maybe it's because they don't concede much that makes them dull?

Man City obviously stop anyone else from winning the title, but I imagine Arsenal will comfortably be 2nd again.  It's as good as it gets for any non-Man City side, sadly.

How about having no shots last night between the 18th and 75th minutes?

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

How about having no shots last night between the 18th and 75th minutes?

I didn't watch the game, so no idea how either side played (if Atalanta were good, if they sat back, if Arsenal sat back etc) - but using such a small sample size to call a side dull is obviously ludicrous.

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They score lots of goals but I find there buildup play slow and tedious at times

Its very Mourinho Chelsea without a Drogba type strikers.

So do you consider Arteta a ‘good’ manager? 

For me he has surprised me. He has probably emerged as the best manager of that crop of players who came through the Premier League in his era (thinking of players like Lampard, Gerrard, Kompany, Parker etc).

I thought he was going to struggle turning around that Arsenal squad, even Emery came unstuck with some of those egos, but he’s stuck it out and done very well with them. To be fair he has had about as good an apprenticeship as you can get working under Guardiola. 

16 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

So do you consider Arteta a ‘good’ manager? 

For me he has surprised me. He has probably emerged as the best manager of that crop of players who came through the Premier League in his era (thinking of players like Lampard, Gerrard, Kompany, Parker etc).

I thought he was going to struggle turning around that Arsenal squad, even Emery came unstuck with some of those egos, but he’s stuck it out and done very well with them. To be fair he has had about as good an apprenticeship as you can get working under Guardiola. 

Not for me yet. He has done better than them players though not Alonso, he has had all the tools he needed and Edu has built a top starting 11 that should be top 3 regularly

Tactically he has seemed limited especially in Europe. Plus all money they spend he has won fewer trophies than the joke Ten Hag

Arsenal for me win the league with a better manager. MON 2009 vibes from him including running players into the ground

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not for me yet. He has done better than them players though not Alonso, he has had all the tools he needed and Edu has built a top starting 11 that should be top 3 regularly

Tactically he has seemed limited especially in Europe. Plus all money they spend he has won fewer trophies than the joke Ten Hag

Arsenal for me win the league with a better manager. MON 2009 vibes from him including running players into the ground

You think anyone could beat Man City? I think you’re setting him up for failure there. He has to somehow beat his mentor with fewer resources.

Alonso is a good shout though. I wonder how he would have done in the Premier League. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

You think anyone could beat Man City? I think you’re setting him up for failure there. He has to somehow beat his mentor with fewer resources.

Alonso is a good shout though. I wonder how he would have done in the Premier League. 

I think they should have won at least one of the last two titles, yes City are a monster but they were top for about 30 weeks in 2022/23

I think Arsenal and this is on how Arteta and the fanbase acts for me, they have the highest high when they win a big game but the smallest slip up its the end of the world and that might be holding them back mentally. A few weeks ago they were distraught in the 3rd game of the season at drawing with Brighton playing with ten men, its a bizarre mentality for me

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think they should have won at least one of the last two titles, yes City are a monster but they were top for about 30 weeks in 2022/23

I think Arsenal and this is on how Arteta and the fanbase acts for me, they have the highest high when they win a big game but the smallest slip up its the end of the world and that might be holding them back mentally. A few weeks ago they were distraught in the 3rd game of the season at drawing with Brighton playing with ten men, its a bizarre mentality for me

It’s the mentality of playing against Man City. They did something like win 14 of their last 16 games last season - lost to us, drew against Man City in the others - and still didn’t win the league.

You basically need to be perfect to beat them. A slip up at home against Brighton isn’t perfection. 

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You're being very harsh on Arteta. He is overachieving massively with only 6th highest wage bill in the league.

How is he supposed to chellenge Pep when City's wagebill is almost twice as high as Arsenal's.

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

You're being very harsh on Arteta. He is overachieving massively with only 6th highest wage bill in the league.

How is he supposed to chellenge Pep when City's wagebill is almost twice as high as Arsenal's.

Hasnt he spent about 600 million on players. He is no pauper

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â