PieFacE

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

A lot being made of their celebrations. Its nothing new. Their last 2 wins at VP; exactly the same. They didnt get the last laugh. 

Villa away is a big scalp. Most clubs must see it that way, especially nowadays.

Their fans talk about us costing them the title last season (because we took 6 points from them and only 3 from City).

When you add in the Emery and Martinez connections it makes sense that they look out for our fixtures in the calendar. 

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Won them the FA Cup and then was sold, but their fanbase hate him......the reason is obviously that he has gone on to be the world's No1 and they just cannot handle it.

There are a few teams whose fans I genuinely detest and these lot are top of the heap.

The only trophy Arteta won was with Emi in goal

They aren't that great

They looked very suspect yesterday when we went at them and were very fortunate to not concede

I think teams give them far too much respect

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

As much as Arteta is a weird guy you have to say he’s done a good job there. They are title contenders every season and if it wasn’t for 115FC they would be the top side in the league. 

Wonder how many PL titles they'd already have if they kept Emery and Martinez, and were buying £50-£100m players for every position.

Answer: more than 0 :lol:

That's what they really hate about Martinez. Slapping them in the face what they could have done.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Arteta is doing a fantastic job at Arsenal and only bested by Man City

its just a shame he’s a petulant, whiny, bad sportsman which makes him completely unlikeable (other than to gooooners) 

He can't pace the season out 

Saka will be dead on his feet by mid march, again 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Arteta seem to refuse building a bigger squad 

It's very Pochettino/Bielsa like 

I'm sure they have the funds to do it so it got to be a choice 

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Wonder how many PL titles they'd already have if they kept Emery and Martinez, and were buying £50-£100m players for every position.

Answer: more than 0 :lol:

That's what they really hate about Martinez. Slapping them in the face what they could have done.

Raya is fine though. It took them way longer than it needed to if they had just kept Martinez but they have found a top keeper at last. 

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

How many have we won in that time?

How is this remotely comparable?

Unai is in his second full season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Arteta seem to refuse building a bigger squad 

It's very Pochettino/Bielsa like 

I'm sure they have the funds to do it so it got to be a choice 

Merino will be a good signing and calafiori and timber will give them options at the back but I'd expect both of them to cover the wide positions while Gabriel and Saliba play every game 

It's the attacking positions they need more depth still, left side is weak regardless, martinelli is just ok, trossard is ok, jesus is ok, havertz is good but him and Saka have no cover, you're talking nkeitah and nelson, it's not league winning stuff

It's why city will win the league again 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Merino will be a good signing and calafiori and timber will give them options at the back but I'd expect both of them to cover the wide positions while Gabriel and Saliba play every game 

It's the attacking positions they need more depth still, left side is weak regardless, martinelli is just ok, trossard is ok, jesus is ok, havertz is good but him and Saka have no cover, you're talking nkeitah and nelson, it's not league winning stuff

It's why city will win the league again 

City will keep winning for as long as Pep choose to stay

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

How many have we won in that time?

We're not hyped up and talked about in the same way though are we?

Arteta and his world class arsenal team have 1 trophy out of 24 available to them, unai got to as many finals as arteta, we've got to as many finals as arteta...

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He doesn’t have the squad depth that City has. That’s the big problem.

Rest players like Saka and they drop points. 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We're not hyped up and talked about in the same way though are we?

Arteta and his world class arsenal team have 1 trophy out of 24 available to them, unai got to as many finals as arteta, we've got to as many finals as arteta...

I don’t really follow the hype in the U.K. media I suppose. 

He took over when they were a Europa league side and has turned them into title contenders.

It would just be churlish to say he’s not done well there. Especially when you consider what Man City are. 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Arteta and his world class arsenal team have 1 trophy out of 24 available to them, unai got to as many finals as arteta, we've got to as many finals as arteta..

And funnily enough he won that trophy with Unai's squad

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t really follow the hype in the U.K. media I suppose. 

He took over when they were a Europa league side and has turned them into title contenders.

It would just be churlish to say he’s not done well there. Especially when you consider what Man City are. 

He has done well there no doubt

But ultimately he's still only won one trophy and I'd make an argument that they throw the league away because he over plays key players meaning they can't last the pace 

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

He doesn’t have the squad depth that City has. That’s the big problem.

Rest players like Saka and they drop points. 

Like I said I think hes done the defence but not the attack 

They desperately need a back up to Saka, have done for 3 years now 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â