PieFacE

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Arteta has spent £700m, whilst inheriting Saka, Saliba and Martinelli who Emery bought in to the side.

Pep does have a few misses when it comes to transfers, but Arteta seems to get it horribly wrong most of the time and leaves him with no depth.

That's what I mean, arsenal have spent £700m

Man city have spent more... Nearly double 

It's like us a few years back when people were saying we spent £300m we should be better and it's like hang one a minute mid table teams have spent 2x or 3x that 

Arteta has spent £700m there's 2 teams below him that have spent over £1bn

Just now, Zatman said:

Rodri has missed 4 league games through suspension and 2 dead rubber Champions League games. Has started every other game when available

That's whatll make this season interesting, city's rotation last season was better 

They've not replaced Gundogan or Mahrez really

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Arsenal challenged for zero titles in the last 10 seasons under Wegner... The last season they realistically had a chance to win the title was 07/08

They challenged in 2016 but it was still a failure really considering Leicester ended up winning it.

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's what I mean, arsenal have spent £700m

Man city have spent more... Nearly double 

It's like us a few years back when people were saying we spent £300m we should be better and it's like hang one a minute mid table teams have spent 2x or 3x that 

Arteta has spent £700m there's 2 teams below him that have spent over £1bn

Only Chelsea have a higher net spend than Arsenal in Arteta's time there. 

Give how frequently Chelsea change managers, I wouldn't be surprised if that means he has the highest net spend of any manager in World football in that period. 

And, as I said, arguably his 3 best players were inherited. 

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Only Chelsea have a higher net spend than Arsenal in Arteta's time there. 

Give how frequently Chelsea change managers, I wouldn't be surprised if that means he has the highest net spend of any manager in World football in that period. 

And, as I said, arguably his 3 best players were inherited. 

Net spend will be bollocks though seeing as they gave away ozil, auba, lacazette and pepe on frees during his time, they've shifted a load out for nothing 

It's covering for Man city's obscene spending and what we all consider cheating, we've got a stick, let's beat arsenal rather than the cheating words removed in the corner... Yes arsenal should have won the league but they didn't because city have a squad that can't be touched 

49 minutes ago, villan95 said:

They challenged in 2016 but it was still a failure really considering Leicester ended up winning it.

10 points off the Leicester, and they limped into second because of Tottenham being bottlejobs. 

Sorry mate that's not challenging at all.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

14 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

10 points off the Leicester, and they limped into second because of Tottenham being bottlejobs. 

Sorry mate that's not challenging at all.

Pretty sure they were right in it until March or something before bottling 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What gets me is people seem surprised when Man City come back into it. Seems like most seasons they have a little blip before Christmas, everyone thinks they aren’t in it that season and then they go on an insane run and win the league at a canter

Man. City (regardless of financial doping) are exactly what Fergie's Man. United used to be during league seasons. Indifferent results up to January but still in the mix and then they just win 10/11 and are suddenly comfortably clear by middle of April.

Last season I actually thought they'd left it too late to challenge Arsenal but they won all the games they needed to and won the league with two games to spare. Hard to see a different outcome this time.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Man. City (regardless of financial doping) are exactly what Fergie's Man. United used to be during league seasons. Indifferent results up to January but still in the mix and then they just win 10/11 and are suddenly comfortably clear by middle of April.

Last season I actually thought they'd left it too late to challenge Arsenal but they won all the games they needed to and won the league with two games to spare. Hard to see a different outcome this time.

They did leave it a bit too late but luckily for them Arsenal bottled it

4 hours ago, sne said:

Game yesterday the Swedish studio and commentators where bleating on about how City have such a thin squad and that's why they've "struggled" this season. GTFO, they have a stronger squad than arguably anyone in football.

Wow.

People are slagging off English pundits every week but is that really the best analysis Swedish ones can come up with? Is it those national team coaches you all hate doing the punditry?!

Man. City last time I looked have all of Ake, Dias, Akanji, Stones and Gvardiol who can all play CB to exceptional levels.

And upfront even without Haaland they have thin resources like Alvarez, Foden, Grealish, Doku and Bernardo Silva.

Really really struggling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Arsenal drew a few games they should've won but even that probably wouldn't have been enough given Man. City destroyed them 4-1 so that showed where both teams were in late April 2023.

Bottling it to me is what Dortmund did last season. Had 3-4 chances to get a 3 point lead on Munich and failed to win the game every single time. Then on penultimate matchday they finally got ahead and just needed to beat Mainz on final day to secure the league. They lost at home to a team that had lost their previous five matches.

It would be a bit like us being 10 points clear of 5th going and then losing our last five games of the season and missing out.

Arsenal weren't really that far ahead of Man. City once they won down at the Emirates so it was only going to take a slight dip in form to be overtaken.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m a bit concerned about saying Arsenal ‘bottled it’ when failing to keep the consistency of Man City because it will likely happen to us as well. It’s pretty difficult to match their results all the way to the end of a season. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

I’m a bit concerned about saying Arsenal ‘bottled it’ when failing to keep the consistency of Man City because it will likely happen to us as well. It’s pretty difficult to match their results all the way to the end of a season. 

I doubt we'll be 5-7 points clear in 1st anytime soon so I can't see why that phrase would be applied to us when we're generally exceeding expectations currently.

It will be our best points total for over 30 years if we even reach 65 points. I think we can hit low 70s. To win the title you need 85 minimum.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, LondonLax said:

If we get into the position Arsenal did with the run of fixtures they had and not win the league then we’ll have bottled it too.

I can’t imagine we will though

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Maybe City will get that 1000 point deduction sometime soon then it might become interesting.

They will win it at a canter if the above does not happen.

Hopefully we just continue doing what we are doing and see where it gets us.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â