Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well either that, or Scott Hogan has just been interviewed and asked about it, and answered, when on loan moves?

For sure. He's also talked about it on Ireland duty recently but that's neither here nor there. My point is we typically hear from disgruntled players one way or another. He's been interviewed by the club a couple of times since his injury and we haven't heard a peep which just doesn't wash with the picture painted of him. Sounds like someone who backs himself to get back into the team and doesn't mind waiting for his chance to me.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2019 at 18:47, Keyblade said:

I remember when he stepped aside as the star player and let JT take his number. He's more of a team player than people give him credit for. He might hold onto the ball a little too long but that's just a striker that backs himself.

A real team player would let JT take his wife's number.

Jimmy Danger OUT!

• Haha 2

I think Kodj is a team player in terms of his attitude, but he's not a natural team player in a footballing sense, hence the disagreement in this thread.

I don't see him as the type of player who can play anywhere in the front 3 or behind the striker, setting up goals, doing defensive work, creating space for others. It just isn't his game. That's why he's struggled a bit under DS, because DS wants a striker who is more than just a goal threat.

Still think he'll do some useful stuff for us next season. He plays without fear, and he doesn't mind feeding off scraps. Could be a bit of a wildcard.

(And has just scored against South Africa)

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

I'd get rid.  Try and get some value now before he is too old/gets to the end of his contract.  He showed a few years back that he can be a decent striker in the championship and his minutes per goals won't have been too bad last seson. 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

If Kodjia's not good enough for our Premier league squad, then I'm not sure what that says for most of our other players.

He is definitely a good option, and with our squad currently he would definitely play a part.

I just cannot see him being happy with that for another year, even at this level. He wants to be the main man I would imagine, probably best for us both if we have a successful window in the coming weeks.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He is definitely a good option, and with our squad currently he would definitely play a part.

I just cannot see him being happy with that for another year, even at this level. He wants to be the main man I would imagine, probably best for us both if we have a successful window in the coming weeks.

Don't see him turning down the opportunity to play in the PL tbh. He was playing in the French second division 3/4 years ago.

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I doubt he will get anything near the salary he is getting at Villa somewhere else. I reckon he will be with us until his contract ends.

I think he’s at least one of the top 20 players in the Championship when fit and on form, maybe even higher. It’s weird that people are saying we’ll pay £20m for the best of the Championship but we should sell JK. I personally think he’s earned a right to play for us in the PL. 

• Like 1

I think Jimmy danger is good enough. Throughout his career except the last 2 seasons it seems like he was clearly the best player on his team, playing in ligue 2 and playing for Bristol.

He has finally fully recovered from his injury and I think a summer with Dean Smith will maybe cause him to give the ball up earlier in the play and get on it later.

In terms of technical ability he is probably the best at villa even better than Grealish it is just that he isn't consistent enough through an entire game. If he could give 45 minutes of his top play a game I think he could probably score 12-15 in the pl. It is just a question of whether or not he can get a couple of assists.

With wesley as our main striker I would bet kodjia could do well out wide as wesley seems very good at laying the ball inf ri wingers or a second striker. 

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He can play out wide and upfront and will probably be happy coming off the bench. Why on earth would we get rid?

We already need to sign a shit load of players, why add another to the list?

Exactly, finding someone better who is willing to be back up and ideally available for less than we would get if we sold Kodjia is nigh on impossible.  Just keep him.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â