The Championship thread

TrentVilla

22 hours ago, Mic09 said:

My only real ITK in the world of football is Ipswich.

And the plan within Ipswich is to be in the PL sooner rather than later. 

Isn't that the plan/hope for every club?

36 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Isn't that the plan/hope for every club?

It is. But the plan for every club in PL is to be in top 6. Only a few clubs, such as Villa or Newcastle are actually having a solid plan to make this happen.

8 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

If we have to tolerate an east anglian club in the PL then I would rather have Ipswich who might show a modicum of ambition and attempt to actually invest and stay up

Would love to see ipswich back in PL. Have abit of a soft spit foe them. They have had a rough couple years.

Will bw good to see norwich vs ipswich derby this year

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Would love to see ipswich back in PL. Have abit of a soft spit foe them. They have had a rough couple years.

Will bw good to see norwich vs ipswich derby this year

From what i understand they used to be a decent team back in the div 1/early prem days so i would welcome them into the premier league. I think as they have not managed to get back for so long they will really make a go of it, with norwich they just yo-yo. i liked it in colchester when i have been a few times so i hope they can have a good season

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

From what i understand they used to be a decent team back in the div 1/early prem days so i would welcome them into the premier league. I think as they have not managed to get back for so long they will really make a go of it, with norwich they just yo-yo. i liked it in colchester when i have been a few times so i hope they can have a good season

Yeah they were and so were norwich. I remember the season we finished runners up to utd norwich finished 3rd in 92/93 season.  Look at the table back then to now. Its mental how much its mental how much its changed. Newcastle were nowhere ro be seen and look at city

Screenshot_20230807_213514_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah they were and so were norwich. I remember the season we finished runners up to utd norwich finished 3rd in 92/93 season.  Look at the table back then to now. Its mental how much its mental how much its changed. Newcastle were nowhere ro be seen and look at city

Screenshot_20230807_213514_Chrome.jpg

That was a bloody great season for Man City back then.

41 minutes ago, Naaaaarch said:

Nah, no chance. Good manager but the squad isn't there.

Broadhead's a good striker, can see him hitting 15 + this seaso and also becoming Wales first choice CF so Ipswich will make a nice profit on him even if they don't go up.

I think they've got the momentum Sunderland had 12 months ago which is often telling for these type of clubs so wouldn't shock me at all if they were seriously in contention for 6th in April.

No Lambert to send them down this time I'm afraid Naarrrrwich. 😉

If people think Ipswich could go up then why not Argyle? They did better than Ipswich last year, have improved their squad this summer and had a better opening result.

I dont think either of them are close to going up.

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

If people think Ipswich could go up then why not Argyle? They did better than Ipswich last year, have improved their squad this summer and had a better opening result.

I dont think either of them are close to going up.

I think this year its quite open. I expect leicester to walk the league with saints and leeds in mix for top two. Two teams i think that could be in mix are coventry and stoke

I think there's significantly more quality in the division this time around versus last season. Both sets of teams promoted/relegated into the league are better and I think a majority of the basket case sides from last year (Us, Watford, Stoke, Cardiff and Birmingham) appear to be on the upturn. Momentum and a well implemented style can certainly take you places in any league and both Argile and Town have that but I can't see it being enough to genuinely challenge the top 6. As a Norwich fan I'm thankful Ipswich weren't in the division last season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Naaaaarch said:

I think there's significantly more quality in the division this time around versus last season. Both sets of teams promoted/relegated into the league are better and I think a majority of the basket case sides from last year (Us, Watford, Stoke, Cardiff and Birmingham) appear to be on the upturn. Momentum and a well implemented style can certainly take you places in any league and both Argile and Town have that but I can't see it being enough to genuinely challenge the top 6. As a Norwich fan I'm thankful Ipswich weren't in the division last season.

So lets be clear, what your saying is a big chance Leeds can have a double relegation 😉

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ipswich make best start to a Championhip season since QPR ten years ago, the Bielsa Leeds teams or Wolves when they were promoted didn't have as many points as Ipswich have now after eleven games; eight points clear of third place and eleven point cushion on seventh place. Shows how well Leicester are going as they have even more points.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â