The Championship thread

TrentVilla

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Keane is just a footballing madman, truth is Ferguson had him under control for so long that when he let him loose he has been out of control

Without Ferguson he could easily have went downhill 

I know he was very well appreciated and celebrated while he was in the game, but in the 6 or 7 years he's been out of the game we're starting to really appreciate just how remarkable of a manager SAF really was. One in a billion.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Derby, Fulham, Bristol, Cardiff, Wednesday and Leeds are my front runners. Stoke, baggies and Huddersfield don’t look like they’ve got a plan. Brentford could surprise if they keep Benrahma and Maupay, maybe Watkins steps up to the next level and a few more gems start shining.

Nobody's gonna walk it, 

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Leeds signed Helder Costa on season long loan. Little bit risky though in that they've agreed to sign him next season for 15m. Surely won't happen if they don't go up.

Be absolutely hilarious If they don't 

Leeds signing Costa with a must buy for 15.5m at the end of the season is a big statement that they intend to go up, if they don't they will be in a mess.

On that note they are either spending the expected money from Phillips, or they intend to go all out last chance Saloon on promotion and keep Phillips.

I suppose the get out of jail card would be sign Costa, keep Phillips and of they don't get promoted they will probably have to sell Phillips to balance the books.

Either way gonna be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Leeds signed Helder Costa on season long loan. Little bit risky though in that they've agreed to sign him next season for 15m. Surely won't happen if they don't go up.

It's set in stone he has signed a 4 year contract.

The loan appears to me to be a clever way around this season's FFP to give promotion a do or bust type thing....

34 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Leeds will get at least 90 points next season and storm the league.

And then fade away last few games and finish 3rd before losing in the play offs to Huddersfield 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And then fade away last few games and finish 3rd before losing in the play offs to Huddersfield 

The dream.

Not this time though.

If we take Phillips, this prediction no longer counts.

Wouldn't really surprise me at all if Leeds didn't even finish in the play-offs, from Christmas until the end of last season their form was that of a mid table side, which is where they finished the season before with pretty much the same squad, a squad that isn't actually that strong, so maybe apart from the first four months or so of last season that's their default position. One thing you can say for Bielsa is that he got them playing way above their level, which is one of the things that does make me question Phillips.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pontus Jansson joining Sheffield United for 5m. Why are we being quoted over 15m for this Webster guy?

Jansson be eaten alive in the Premier League, couldnt get the ball of a walking Adomah

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jansson be eaten alive in the Premier League, couldnt get the ball of a walking Adomah

He isn't that bad at all. I think that's a bloody good deal for Sheffield United.  That's a disaster for Leeds he is by far their best cb

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He isn't that bad at all. I think that's a bloody good deal for Sheffield United.  That's a disaster for Leeds he is by far their best cb

Think it was summed up in play offs second leg he missed. Derby started throwing caution to the wind, ran at Leeds back 4 and they completely imploded without his leadership, I think Liam Cooper is a terrible CB when under pressure so he's one Leeds to replace aswell.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â