Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

I agree but I always felt it was a 'play the channels if nothing short is on' kind of option for him. At CB he has the game in front of him and a tad more time to not rush his passes. He looks much better because of it IMO.

So happy to see him playing in this side at the moment. He has been excellent for us over the last few weeks and whilst he is not a starter anymore when everyone is fit and firing, he has stepped up with very little football under his belt and performed admirably. There's very few better in the air than him and he will always give his all for them team.

He has been a favourite of mine for a long time and I'm just glad he has been able to redeem himself in some fans eyes after some not so great performances under Bruce at CB.  Hopefully he can continue to contribute and finish his Villa career on a high with us going up! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoCoder said:

So happy to see him playing in this side at the moment. He has been excellent for us over the last few weeks and whilst he is not a starter anymore when everyone is fit and firing, he has stepped up with very little football under his belt and performed admirably. There's very few better in the air than him and he will always give his all for them team.

He has been a favourite of mine for a long time and I'm just glad he has been able to redeem himself in some fans eyes after some not so great performances under Bruce at CB.  Hopefully he can continue to contribute and finish his Villa career on a high with us going up! 

Great post! I believe for his efforts and for his warrior like attitude on the field he deserves more respect than he gets from some.

He has been a model professional!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Wait til he scores in the play off final!

Another thing that is forgotten, that he is one of the best penalty takers of all time (yes I mean that)..... If one of the games goes to penalties he would have to be on the pitch to take one.

• Like 4

There really is no better sight in football than watching a huge lump come out of defence and clear everyone out with a massive header.

He still gives me heart attack and his weight of pass still an accident waiting to happen. I think that might be the last we see of him starting a game for us tbh. Millwall is ideal for him, perfect team to face but he really cannot play anywhere other than CB now, his legs are well and truly gone.

He has been a great servant, a hugely well paid one. Despite the occasional bomb scare he has been a joy to watch.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Another thing that is forgotten, that he is one of the best penalty takers of all time (yes I mean that)..... If one of the games goes to penalties he would have to be on the pitch to take one.

That is very true. I don't believe he has missed a penalty attempt for club or country as a professional player. And he has taken plenty of pressure attempts too, especially in WC qualifiers.

I always remind my teenage kids (who love Messi and Kante) that my favourite player is the best in the world at Penalties 😀

• Like 2

I think the last few times he has played has highlighted an important difference between Steve Bruce and Dean Smith. When Bruce played him at CB he clearly could see what Mile was capable of, but for a variety of reasons wasn’t able to bring that out. The coaching now seems to be able to bring the best out of both individual players and most importantly knits it all together into a very good team. 

There are plenty of other examples too, of players most of us had written off, but now are very effective, Elmo and Taylor spring to mind. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fish out of water in last 15 minutes but credit to him he tried make it difficult as a lone striker. Top professsional

I still don't know why we didn't bring Lansbury on for McGinn, drop Jedinak into midfield and play Hourihane as a false 9. I know we weren't looking to win once we unjustly went down to 10-men, but Hourihane offers a vastly better goal threat had a chance appeared. 

That said Jedi did well given the circumstances. He gave their defence something to think about as he's a powerful guy that could out muscle anyone in their back four given a chance. 

• Like 1

Why on earth not put Adomah furthest forward? He isn't any good at it, but he has actually played there a few times before for us. Obviously it's not the most important thing in the world, but a baffling decision nevertheless. 

He wasn't playing in the right system, now we are playing more intricate balls and a passing style, he will be able to make those darting runs off the defenders shoulders.

We will see the best of him now he was made for this DS system.......

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

His movement was terrific, some of his off the balls run were incredible.

Very intelligent off the ball, we just didn't play to his strengths and we don't see or execute the type of forward passes he thrives on.

I see what you did there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â