James Chester

KJT123

He's my POTS easy. He won't win it because he doesn't score goals (regularly!) and his name isn't John Terry, but he's actually been our best defender this season. He's played every minute, not made any major mistakes that I can think of and has been far more vital to this team than practically any player.

Defenders rarely win plaudits but Chester should easily win the award, the reason Terry gets more praise is due to his reputation rather than what he's done this season in a Villa shirt.

Tonight he was fantastic again.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

He's my POTS easy. He won't win it because he doesn't score goals (regularly!) and his name isn't John Terry, but he's actually been our best defender this season. He's played every minute, not made any major mistakes that I can think of and has been far more vital to this team than practically any player.

Defenders rarely win plaudits but Chester should easily win the award, the reason Terry gets more praise is due to his reputation rather than what he's done this season in a Villa shirt.

Tonight he was fantastic again.

Agreed I cannot remember a player who has been so consistently excellent for us. 

There were a lot of clangers in the RDM splurge but he got this one right. 

Agree with the player of the season shouts. He hasn't been spectacular or tricksy or youtube-friendly but he has barely put a foot wrong, been a total professional and even popped up with a few goals. Definitely one of our best this season over all.

13 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I love him, a true professional and a role model in the way he goes about his work. He remindes me a bit of Southgate.

Let’s hope he doesn’t express his desire to play for a bigger club and move to oh lets say middlesbrough!

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Agree with the player of the season shouts. He hasn't been spectacular or tricksy or youtube-friendly but he has barely put a foot wrong, been a total professional and even popped up with a few goals. Definitely one of our best this season over all.

For once there have been a few contenders for the player of the season award - i went for  snoddy but Chester is equally worthy  

He has made a couple of mistakes leading to goals, but I'd expect that of any defender in any division. 

He's certainly right up there because of his solid 7/8's displays.  Exactly what you need of defenders every week.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note to say well done for being the first Villa player to play every minute of the season since......(drum roll)......Jlloyd Samuel in 2003/04.

Nice one Janes! Hopefully your next league game for Villa is in the premier league.

• Like 3

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 08:37, Shropshire Lad said:

Just a note to say well done for being the first Villa player to play every minute of the season since......(drum roll)......Jlloyd Samuel in 2003/04.

Nice one Janes! Hopefully your next league game for Villa is in the premier league.

On a similar note, out-field players who have started every league game since 92:

2017-18 - Chester

2010-11 - Downing

2008-09 - Barry

2007-08 - Bouma

2007-08 - Laursen

2006-07 - Mellberg

2003-04 - Samuel

2002-03 - Mellberg

2000-01 - Merson

1998-99 - Southgate

1998-99 - Wright

1996-97 - Ehiogu

1996-97 - Wright

1995-96 - Wright

1992-93 - Barrett

1992-93 - McGrath

1992-93 - Richardson

1992-93 - Staunton

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

On a similar note, out-field players who have started every league game since 92:

2017-18 - Chester

2010-11 - Downing

2008-09 - Barry

2007-08 - Bouma

2007-08 - Laursen

2006-07 - Mellberg

2003-04 - Samuel

2002-03 - Mellberg

2000-01 - Merson

1998-99 - Southgate

1998-99 - Wright

1996-97 - Ehiogu

1996-97 - Wright

1995-96 - Wright

1992-93 - Barrett

1992-93 - McGrath

1992-93 - Richardson

1992-93 - Staunton

No wonder Alan Wright acheived it....He used to run under their legs, so couldn't get injured, couldn't get yellow cards because the refs thought he was under age.:)

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â