James Chester

KJT123

I criticised Chester a lot last season as I thought his form tailed off a bit towards the end of the season. However, for me, he is this season's player of the season. 

Whilst Adomah's goals have been critical, Snodgrass's assists have been invaluable, Grealish has been inspirational and, Terry's leadership has been immense - James Chester has been ultra-consistent at the back. He's outshone a true champion many times this season and gone about his business with ease at times. 

For me, there's no doubt, this guy has been the best and most consistent top class performer in Claret and Blue this season. :clap: 

• Like 4

We’re not talking enough about that finish. 

The ball from Snoddy was incredible. But Chester is full stretch, in the air, and he’s cushioned it perfectly into the net. 

The avfc insta posted a super slow mo video of it today and it made it look brilliant. 

Here

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

starting to win me over in recent weeks. Keep it up

I do like his goal celebration as well, like a fast bowler celebrating a wicket

win you over??? 

have you missed that 90% of the time since he has been here he has been borderline very good/excellent?  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can't see him staying if we don't go up.

He is a bottom half premier league standard CB after all.

If selling him meant gettin in Grabban and Snoddy on permanent deals I'd do it tbh.

But that only leaves us with Terry and Samba (!) and even they might leave. In this scenario, we'd need 3 maybe 4 new centre-backs. We've got to keep JC. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sign of the man that I had to go to page 3 to find his thread. I thought he was outstanding yesterday. Really competed physically with Zohore and headed, along with Jedi, everything away. Immense player. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â