UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

15 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

No, because they're different things. 

Just like people wouldn't have been quite so upset at the murder of David Amess had his assailant gone for him with a tube of squirty cream instead of a knife.

No it's not the same thing but it's normalising attacking a politician. 

Police get very serious about people who attack animals because it often leads to attacking people. Behaviours lead to other behaviours. 

It's definitely not a good thing this happens. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

No it's not the same thing but it's normalising attacking a politician. 

Police get very serious about people who attack animals because it often leads to attacking people. Behaviours lead to other behaviours. 

It's definitely not a good thing this happens. 

I agree. I don't think it's a good thing. It would be better if it didn't happen. She'll be rightfully charged and probably come to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the couple of days of celebrity. 

That said, people clutching their pearls to their chest and wailing "just imagine if that milkshake had been a nuclear bomb!?!?" is still very silly. 

• Like 1

And as much as it's easy to make jokes about the OF (my favourite one so far is "so she fancied blowing her load over someone else's face for a change"), it isn't right is it.

Assault a politician, disrupt campaigning, and not only do you get some interviews in the paper, they'll advertise your smut for you too. It'll probably send hundreds of punters her way.,

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

As an aside from the rest of the discussion, I'd be interested to read your source for this. It sounds like the kind of pop psychology that suggests violent video games leads to violent people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Was it? How come another got arrested for assaulting a police officer when trying to prevent her being arrested? Not sure that would have been part of some sort of false flag

Not convinced about the set up tbh.

Just having a go at being Matt Le Tissier.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just having a go at being Matt Le Tissier.

"It makes you think!"

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, limpid said:

As an aside from the rest of the discussion, I'd be interested to read your source for this. It sounds like the kind of pop psychology that suggests violent video games leads to violent people.

I'm really not going to go find the evidence but it's certainly my understanding. 

If you don't believe it then fine. 

25 minutes ago, limpid said:

Actually sod it

https://www.ncdv.org.uk/the-correlation-between-animal-abuse-and-domestic-abuse/#:~:text=There have been many studies,that there is a link.

The Correlation between Animal Abuse and Domestic Abuse

There have been many studies which have shown that there is a very definite link between animal abuse and domestic abuse.

So what do we know about this? People are often surprised that there is a link. But should we be surprised? People that are able to be abusive to other people or who are able to manipulate children to gain or maintain control over their partners, surely won’t feel bad or guilty about using animals in the same way?! It is one of the early warning signs that someone may be of an abusive nature. This is why it is one of the questions on the ‘DASH’ (Domestic Abuse, Stalking & Harassment Risk Assessment), which is routinely used by the Police and IDVA Services across the UK to determine a victim/survivor’s current risk of further harm.

Unfortunately, we know from research that perpetrators of domestic abuse use animals in many ways to be able to instill fear into their victim. To control, coerce and physically harm and threaten them by using the animal. Perpetrators use the strong bonds people have with their pets to get what they want and to control their partner and/or the children

My understanding of this came from a TV documentary I saw about a serial killer where they stated a lot of serial killers start out by harming animals. 

I think it was also stated in connection with that Monkey torture story. 

• Like 1

That was a waste of a read :mrgreen: It's just a personal anecdote.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My understanding of this came from a TV documentary I saw about a serial killer where they stated a lot of serial killers start out by harming animals. 

I think it was also stated in connection with that Monkey torture story. 

Correlation is not causation.

I am serious though, if you do stumble across a scientific paper which has this as it's summary, I'd be very interested.

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

That was a waste of a read :mrgreen: It's just a personal anecdote.

Correlation is not causation.

I am serious though, if you do stumble across a scientific paper which has this as it's summary, I'd be very interested.

I've not got access to that but I'm sure a Google search will turn those up.  But I can'tv  be arsed. 

Here's another one which talks a about a study. 

https://www.peta.org/issues/animal-companion-issues/cruel-practices/human-animal-abuse/

Human Abuse Linked to Cruelty to Animals

Violent acts toward animals have long been recognized as indicators of a dangerous psychopathy that does not confine itself to animal abuse. “Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human lives,” wrote humanitarian Dr. Albert Schweitzer. And according to Robert K. Ressler, who developed profiles of serial killers for the FBI, “Murderers … very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids.”

The FBI has found that a history of cruelty to animals is one of the traits that regularly appear in its computer records of serial rapists and murderers. The standard diagnostic and treatment manual for psychiatric and emotional disorders lists cruelty to animals as a diagnostic criterion for conduct disorders.

A study conducted by Northeastern University and the Massachusetts SPCA found that people who abuse animals are five times more likely to commit violent crimes against humans. 

I've not got access to that but I'm sure a Goole search will turn those up.  But I can'tv  be arsed. 

Here's another one which talks a about a study. 

https://www.peta.org/issues/animal-companion-issues/cruel-practices/human-animal-abuse/

Human Abuse Linked to Cruelty to Animals

I'm not sure I'd cite PETA or any other motivated lobby group's opinion about the subject they campaign on..I'm sure that they meant to include links to the alleged FBI an NWU studies.

But your sources are about attacks on animals, not abuse, which is what I was interested in.

I suspect the link between the abuse of animals and abuse of people is fairly well established, but I can't see it for attacks.

What happened to Farage today wasn't abuse.

• Like 1

This is disgustingly off topic, but animal harm leading to greater crimes has been studied for donkeys years with no real definitive conclusions. It's classically been one of the MacDonald Triad, behaviours supposedly indicative of violent tendencies, and particularly serial offenders, but it's never been shown as statistically interesting or relevant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

She’s come at him on the angle, did well to land some of the milkshake. A bit of a lesson for the next person, try and get straight on if possible and then hit that bullshitting toad face square in the middle.

Best to also have a second shaker, maybe on a grassy knoll 

• Like 1

Just now, numbersix said:

Best to also have a second shaker, maybe on a grassy knoll 

Or in this case, on the way back to the bus

There was that time that a bloke rang Farage to inform him he had changed his mind and he now realised brexit was a good thing after being kicked in the head by a horse, so there is some on topic merit in discussing human-animal violence in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, veloman said:

I am no particular fan of Farage but would VTer's found this quite so amusing if it had been sulphuric acid that this little tart had thrown.

Not sure, but it wasn’t acid, it was a milkshake. I’d be unamused by misogynistic language been used about a young woman though 

• Like 3

She has absolutely no idea if Farage is lactose intolerant. She's a danger to life.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, veloman said:

I am no particular fan of Farage but would VTer's found this quite so amusing if it had been sulphuric acid that this little tart had thrown.

Either am i but im sure if this same woman threw a drink at starmer it would not go down well.

Rightly arrested

For what it’s worth, while I don’t condone throwing drinks at politicians, I think some are operating at that sort of level. A pantomime level where, while they’re not exactly inviting it, their persona, their rhetoric…it’s almost inevitable that it’s going to happen, and so when it does people are less shocked to see it.

Farage operates at the panto level. 30p Lee operates at a panto level.

As much as he has his critics, Starmer doesn’t operate at that level. He is above that. Sunak doesn’t operate at that level. 

So while I don’t think Farage should be covered in milkshake, I think it’s more nuanced than just people simply disliking him as to why there’s an indifference or amusement when it happens.

I dislike James Cleverly. I would not like to see him covered in milkshake. 

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â