UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

4 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I hadn't  previously picked up on the Candy/Valance links to reform

I only know because it was on these pages somewhere previously. 

30 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I hadn't  previously picked up on the Candy/Valance links to reform

They tried to get her to stand in the election for them, so much so she had to announce it wasn’t right for her now at this stage of her career :D 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Oi, @bickster, @limpid what have you guys got against Dan Norris?

On a related point… does he have PCC as part of his Mayoral duties? Just wondering if there will be a by-election where we can see some more batshit bar charts that out Lib the LibDems :D 

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

She's always being interviewed on GB News about how Reform are amazing and that everything is too woke. 

pretty much word for word whatever i've heard her say on the subject without adding anything of value.

still would though.

These people…. :D It’s not like this wasn’t fully explained during the betting scandal

Conspiracy nuts, the lot of 'em.

11 hours ago, bickster said:

These people…. :D It’s not like this wasn’t fully explained during the betting scandal

Conspiracy nuts, the lot of 'em.

talking of conspiracies, have you seen all this talk about reform candidates never actually being seen in person? many didn't attend the counts, using AI generated images etc.

i'd love it to be true, but it's all a bit tin foil hat to me and we'd probably laugh if the same accusations were made about labour

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/08/reform-uk-under-pressure-to-prove-all-its-candidates-were-real-people

Doubt raised about election hopefuls who stood without providing photos, biographies or contact details

54 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

talking of conspiracies, have you seen all this talk about reform candidates never actually being seen in person? many didn't attend the counts, using AI generated images etc.

i'd love it to be true, but it's all a bit tin foil hat to me and we'd probably laugh if the same accusations were made about labour

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/08/reform-uk-under-pressure-to-prove-all-its-candidates-were-real-people

Yeah, I've not posted anything on it because I think absolutely every candidate will be proved to exist. I'll laugh like a hyena if it proves to be true but I can’t see that line of attack going anywhere. I think it was the only way Reform were getting close to a full slate and they chucked in candidates who were prepared to stand but not campaign in unwinnable seats.

Person X has no social media presence whatsoever, so what, I know plenty of people who don't. It’s the bubble talking to itself, thinking they are normal and knowledgeable. Sure, investigate it but shut up about it until you’ve formed a proper conclusion. Until that conclusion is reached all that’s happening is publicity for Reform.

Edit: Tice claiming that the “AI” candidate was in hospital near death last week with pneumonia so couldn’t attend his count then he turns up yesterday dancing around his flat just shows they were taking the piss.

• Like 4

Yeah, I imagine they had plenty of people willing to chuck their name down (or even an alias, which is obviously allowed - see Count Binface), but weren't willing to give up their time to actually campaign 

I could imagine that when you see how easy it is to stand up paper candidates with an alias and no photo or requirement to actually turn up, there might be a temptation to think "well, why do we need a real person to give us a fake name and not turn up anywhere", but there's no proof it's happened, and the AI image claim has been debunked, I think, it was a single candidate who had an amatuerish image retouched. 

We had a candidate in this constituency that I couldn’t find anything about. Not Reform, just an independent, but other than a name absolutely nothing not a photo or a policy or a clue on who they might be, no social media that was obviously that person. But they got 186 votes which just got me all the more intrigued in that it was too many to just be randoms having a giggle and voting for a random.

There must have been some street somewhere that had a gripe about bin collection, or a disgruntled bunch of pensioners upset women are allowed in the players lounge at some golf club.

All told, I quite enjoyed that election.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah, I imagine they had plenty of people willing to chuck their name down (or even an alias, which is obviously allowed - see Count Binface), but weren't willing to give up their time to actually campaign 

I could imagine that when you see how easy it is to stand up paper candidates with an alias and no photo or requirement to actually turn up, there might be a temptation to think "well, why do we need a real person to give us a fake name and not turn up anywhere", but there's no proof it's happened, and the AI image claim has been debunked, I think, it was a single candidate who had an amatuerish image retouched. 

but in theory, it's possible. as you say, you can just use an alias, and there's no requirement to campaign or even show up to the count. which begs the question, how is this allowed? so you need photo ID to vote but not to be a candidate? seems wrong to me

i don't know what the solution is. perhaps a requirement of all candidates to verify they were standing as a candidate in some way? if not in person on the night itself but to sign off that they were a candidate and that they received X number of votes by a given date at a given location

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

but in theory, it's possible. as you say, you can just use an alias, and there's no requirement to campaign or even show up to the count. which begs the question, how is this allowed? so you need photo ID to vote but not to be a candidate? seems wrong to me

i don't know what the solution is. perhaps a requirement of all candidates to verify they were standing as a candidate in some way? if not in person on the night itself but to sign off that they were a candidate and that they received X number of votes by a given date at a given location

I did have a thought about them running paper candidates (which is perfectly legal), I wouldn't put it past some or all these candidates to have forged the 10 signatories required for their nomination papers. One example... some candidate in Dorset was tracked down by someone or other I forget and they claimed they've only ever been to Dorset once in their life and it wasn't during the election... which raises the obvious question of how they collected the ten signatures (from registered electors in the constituency) required to complete the nomination process

That isn't the only paper candidate I've seen say they haven't ever been to the constituency...

But as usual the Polititwits don't appear to realise what the problem really could be, they'll saying "This must be illegal" (to stand) - it isn't

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â