International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Just now, Zatman said:

Bellamy and Barton done a lot worse things than Keane. Not even comparable

I mean none of them were good role models. I'm not letting Keane off from trying to end a player's career though. 

Point was that understanding what you've done and trying to atone for it has got to be worth something. 

2 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

I mean none of them were good role models. I'm not letting Keane off from trying to end a player's career though. 

Point was that understanding what you've done and trying to atone for it has got to be worth something. 

The same player that insulted Keane when he had a career ending injury?

Keane was the first person at the club to see through the Gabby charade and yet was labelled a bully even by some sections of the fans

Just now, Zatman said:

The same player that insulted Keane when he had a career ending injury?

Keane was the first person at the club to see through the Gabby charade and yet was labelled a bully even by some sections of the fans

Whoa, whoa, so an appropriate response to a perceived insult is to assault them? That's mental.

In his words: "I'd waited long enough. I f***ing hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you c***". "There are things I regret in my life and He's [Haaland] not one of them". "Did I go to hurt players? Of course I did. I'd never apologise for that". 

Nah, nah, I'm not having Keane as a scally, he's a villain. 

• Like 1

Swedish manager Jon-Dahl Tomason already had a falling out with what should be our best central midfielder in the coming years Hugo Larsson. Been sent home due to an "injury" after not being picked against Azerbaijan despite Tomason playing 5 other CM's in that game. German media now claiming he is not injured... Bit messy and Sweden doesn't have the squad to afford stuff like this. Really don't want another Zetterberg, Zlatan or Forsberg situation where a top player refuses to play/isn't picked. Tomason really need the performances and results to improve if he intends to play big boss.

Update from September 8, 2024, 1:09 p.m.: According to information from fussball.news , Hugo Larsson is expected to be in Eintracht Frankfurt's team training on Tuesday. The midfield engine is said to have not suffered an injury. In this respect, the reasons for his actual departure from the Swedish national team remain to be seen.

Larsson leaves the Swedish national team early

According to the official statement, Larsson has been diagnosed with a "minor injury." The midfielder will return to Eintracht Frankfurt early to begin his rehabilitation.

The former VfB Stuttgart striker (2005-2007) justified his decision not to use Larsson after the match against Azerbaijan by saying that the youngster played too few vertical passes. "I told Hugo - and I saw all the games he played in the previous season - that I wanted more vertical passes," the public broadcaster Sveriges Television quoted the coach as saying.

As a result, Larsson complained about Tomasson's public criticism, according to the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet . "I also told him that I would have liked it if it had stayed between us or within the team. Some things should stay in the family, and that is not the case," the Eintracht professional clarified.

Of course, it remains speculative whether Larsson left the national team early because of the brief argument with Tomasson. After being benched against Azerbaijan and the clear statements from both parties, the announcement of his departure still raises questions.

https://www.fussball.news/1-bundesliga/eintracht-frankfurt/eintracht-larsson-schwedische-nationalmannschaft-wirbel-tomasson-zr-93287518.html

A big win for Canada away in the US yesterday, though the quality was pretty bad. Goals here:

Canada are managed by Jesse Marsch these days, who has started well at least and should make them more tactically 'fit for purpose' than before, but all three 2026 host nations look pretty ropey to me at this point. 

• Sad 1

On 08/09/2024 at 17:38, HanoiVillan said:

A big win for Canada away in the US yesterday, though the quality was pretty bad. Goals here:

Canada are managed by Jesse Marsch these days, who has started well at least and should make them more tactically 'fit for purpose' than before, but all three 2026 host nations look pretty ropey to me at this point. 

Erm, thanks?

A lot of disgusted American soccer fans this week.

Just unbelievable. How can we suck so badly at USMNT? 100 years of American soccer and a trillion soccer camps, and we still can’t seem to field a decent national men's team. It's embarrassing. Credit to Canada. A fraction of the resources and money that we have here, and they still put us to shame.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

32 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Erm, thanks?

A lot of disgusted American soccer fans this week.

Just unbelievable. How can we suck so badly at USMNT? 100 years of American soccer and a trillion soccer camps, and we still can’t seem to field a decent national men's team. It's embarrassing. Credit to Canada. A fraction of the resources and money that we have here, and they still put us to shame.

I can understand the annoyance, it's got to be a bit of a concern how the side is playing with less than two years to the tournament. Still, things can change quickly and getting Pochettino - which seems not to have actually happened yet? - should be a big help. Having Berhalter's assistant in charge can't have helped any. 

• Like 1

Watching some Concacaf Nations League this evening on YT. First was Guyana somehow throwing away a two-goal lead against ten-man Martinique (can't be that common to flop so badly with a man advantage?), now I've got Curacao currently beating Saint Martin 4-0 with both Bacunas on the scoresheet. 

UPDATE! Saint Martin seem to have a player called 'Romelu Lacazette'. He isn't living up his namesakes. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Watching some Concacaf Nations League this evening on YT. First was Guyana somehow throwing away a two-goal lead against ten-man Martinique (can't be that common to flop so badly with a man advantage?), now I've got Curacao currently beating Saint Martin 4-0 with both Bacunas on the scoresheet. 

UPDATE! Saint Martin seem to have a player called 'Romelu Lacazette'. He isn't living up his namesakes. 

They're very entertaining sometimes, those little islands playing each other, etc. This week in CONCACAF we get to witness (maybe?) a player red-carded for allegedly pulling a Bermudan's pony tail lol. All cued up for you:

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

With the amount of games in the club season something needs to be done about the amount of international games. It’s becoming silly. 

How can it make sense to have 3 premier league games and have an international break after half of the summer going for an international tournament?

Just look at Ollie, no real break all summer and now he looks wrecked. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

With the amount of games in the club season something needs to be done about the amount of international games. It’s becoming silly. 

How can it make sense to have 3 premier league games and have an international break after half of the summer going for an international tournament?

again, its a global international break, all the leagues around the world stop

its only the PL and a few European leagues that are 3 games in, the MLS are 27 games in

and what i did pick up on in the commentary is it sounds like the nations league now has a QF for the finals bit and a playoff game vs the teams that finish 2nd and 3rd, so they're having more games

On 10/09/2024 at 05:23, Herman22 said:

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

£200k+ a week rodri?

Heart bleeds for him 

He is probably on more than that

Also plays for a manager/clearing in the woods who has the luxury of resting him. Maybe should speak to his drug taking coach

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â