International Football General Chat

villa4europe

9 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Sad to hear about Sven-Goran Eriksson. I wasn't always a fan of his managerial style but watching the interviews with him you could really appreciate his qualities. 

Also, f**k cancer. 

Watched some podcasts few years back about players that played for him and he was a great manager for his players and they loved him

I think he was a great manager for players (to be honest) because he let them get away with murder but I agree an absolutely top man, charismatic charmer and one of the best shaggers of a generation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Steven Bergwijn told he will no longer be available to be selected for the Dutch national side after signing for Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabia. Good on them, although they might not have acted in the same way if it was peak van Dijk who made that move.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Steven Bergwijn told he will no longer be available to be selected for the Dutch national side after signing for Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabia. Good on them, although they might not have acted in the same way if it was peak van Dijk who made that move.

Had no issue picking Wijnaldum for the Euros

57 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's a bit of a crazy time to have an international break. Why not combine this break with the next one and have a three week international window? 

because its a global break not a european one ;)  its only us that started 2 weeks ago

I can't believe that international football is back so soon after the trauma of UEFA Euro 2024.

Ollie and McGinn are traumatised and Foden is unwell, while Jack looks relieved that he was left out.

Haaland is proving that players are better off without it.

At least they should play these friendlies behind closed-doors.

30 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I can't believe that international football is back so soon after the trauma of UEFA Euro 2024.

Ollie and McGinn are traumatised and Foden is unwell, while Jack looks relieved that he was left out.

At least they should play these friendlies behind closed-doors.

They are not friendlies. They matter to most countries involved. 

Boo hoo, the mighty PL England doesn't want to watch Bosnia or Slovakia play football. Let's just call off this silliness, and watch another Bournemouth vs Arsenal game. In fact, the only international game worth playing is England vs Germany in a World Cup final once every 4 years at Wembley, otherwise it's all pointless.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's a bit of a crazy time to have an international break. Why not combine this break with the next one and have a three week international window? 

I think that's coming in for 2026 season, September and October break will combine.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Players are better with some rest. The player unions should be insisting on 6 weeks off football for every player at some point during each year.  Players can't play and train 11 months of the year. 

• Like 2

Our old buddy Viktor Johansson is playing a blinder for Sweden tonight away to Azerbaijan including a penalty save. Hopefully showing enough so we never have to watch Olsen play for us again.

• Like 1

A few shocks in the Asian World cup qualifiers today. Aussies lost at home last minute to Bahrain, Harry Souttar with own goal. Their squad barely has any top level players in it now so wouldn't shock me if they missed out on the World cup. Japan 7-0 China and South Korea held 0-0 at home by Palestine.

Six go through and then I think another two go through in another group so no reason to panic but looks like they'll be some new qualifiers from that part of the world.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â