International Football General Chat

villa4europe

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

Surprise joint World Cup 2026 bid by Canada, USA and Mexico. I reckon it's a shoe-in, but I don't understand why the USSF decided they needed to go this route. Not that I particularly care either way. 48 teams, LOL the World Cup is finished.

What would happen with the Concacaf allocation for that world cup. I read the criteria last week for qualifying but quickly lost interest as I dislike immensely a 48 team world cup.

• 1 month later...

Its been said for few years but I think its true. For all Zlatan talent maybe he took up too much of the team and players are now standing up because Zlatan isnt bailing them out

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its been said for few years but I think its true. For all Zlatan talent maybe he took up too much of the team and players are now standing up because Zlatan isnt bailing them out

I think it's more down to having a manager that isn't a complete retard when it comes to tactics.

Sweden wasted 7 years under Erik Hamrén, a total charlatan.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

I think it's more down to having a manager that isn't a complete retard when it comes to tactics.

Sweden wasted 7 years under Erik Hamrén, a total charlatan.

so true. he looks like he won a contest to get the job

2620858_1200_675.jpg 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

I wouldn't blame Zlatan.

Sweden for years always just kept calling up the same players until they were about 37. Larsson was still playing in major tournaments until that age, Anders Svensson and Kim Kallstrom were also still be called up fairly recently.

Great to see they've finally got fresh blood in there with likes of Lindelof, Durmaz and Forsberg.

There's going to be some belting play offs isn't there? If Sweden win their last 4, France will be 2nd unless they have some landslide wins, one of Spain/Italy will be 2nd, Portugal will be 2nd if they don't beat Swiss last game and even some of the weaker teams in the play offs like Iceland, ROI/Wales and Norn Iron are very difficult teams to score against.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I wouldn't blame Zlatan.

Sweden for years always just kept calling up the same players until they were about 37. Larsson was still playing in major tournaments until that age, Anders Svensson and Kim Kallstrom were also still be called up fairly recently.

Great to see they've finally got fresh blood in there with likes of Lindelof, Durmaz and Forsberg.

There's going to be some belting play offs isn't there? If Sweden win their last 4, France will be 2nd unless they have some landslide wins, one of Spain/Italy will be 2nd, Portugal will be 2nd if they don't beat Swiss last game and even some of the weaker teams in the play offs like Iceland, ROI/Wales and Norn Iron are very difficult teams to score against.

I'm sure a ranking system will be wheeled out at the last minute if necessary a la WC 2010 ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I wouldn't blame Zlatan.

I wasnt blaming Zlatan, but I think players got lazy and instead of playing there own game they would look for him to bail them out. players like Berg, Toivonen and Durmaz are now forced to take leadership and working out better for the team

Durmaz has nearly 50 caps, he wouldnt be fresh blood ;)

• 1 month later...

Super 6 is actually an entertaining concept and more enjoyable than watching professional football. few ex-Villa players involved

England were quite poor today and it was down to Gerrard as usual with his one man Roy of the Rovers style of football, great when it comes off but Rafa knew what he was doing keeping him away from middle of pitch

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Super 6 is actually an entertaining concept and more enjoyable than watching professional football. few ex-Villa players involved

England were quite poor today and it was down to Gerrard as usual with his one man Roy of the Rovers style of football, great when it comes off but Rafa knew what he was doing keeping him away from middle of pitch

I'm watching star sixes now on sky sports, Denmark just beat Brazil 4-2, incredibly entertaining. There is no midfield, just defence versus attack all at close quarters. 

France versus Denmark final coming up.

The Djibouti F.A. have dissolved their national team in a bid to stop poor results.  I'm pretty sure that'll work, in fairness.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â