Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not if he hasn't mentioned it. You can hide these problems, many players have. Trouble is it's very hard for them to outright ask him too, because you run the risk of him taking advantage. 

Plus, you know, human beings are complicated beasts. He's going through a divorce, so while it may not be a clinical mental health issue, he might just be having a hard time of it. Shit does happen and money has **** all to do with it. This public shaming might just be the kick up the arse he needs? 

Best we can do is see how he reacts. Hopefully in a positive manner. 

I think he will be back in Fulham before the window is done

• Like 1

I didn't realise he had previous, but he seemingly got kicked out of Leeds after 'disrespecting' the owner, Cellino.

Bruce says he's never had to take action like this in 20 years of management.

Bye bye Ross, there no way back from this.

8 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I have said this a few times on here but given some of what I'm reading in this thread I think it's worth repeating. I live in the city centre and am out 3 or 4 nights a week. I know a lot of people in town and one of my mates is a doorman at a certain gentleman's club. Ross McCormack is out most nights of the week getting absolutely trollied.

He is a playboy. Plain and simple. That's why he is missing training and a couple of stone overweight. We really have signed a dud and if we can recoup any money at all for him then we should be grateful.

interesting to hear.  i wonder if he goes out with other players from our team?

11 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I have said this a few times on here but given some of what I'm reading in this thread I think it's worth repeating. I live in the city centre and am out 3 or 4 nights a week. I know a lot of people in town and one of my mates is a doorman at a certain gentleman's club. Ross McCormack is out most nights of the week getting absolutely trollied.

Which would fit with the reason he was reportedly pushed out of Rangers, and the drink driving conviction.

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

I didn't realise he had previous, but he seemingly got kicked out of Leeds after 'disrespecting' the owner, Cellino.

The disrespect apparently took the form of failing to attend a tour.

I see there's also something online about Felix Magath telling him he was a stone overweight while at Fulham. 

Much derided and loathed Felix Magath claimed the ex- Fulham striker was overweight when he arrived at Craven Cottage in 2014, and made it even plainer when the German boss benched the £11m signing during his losing debut at Ipswich.

This all sounds a little familiar.

As always, you can't be sure whether all of these are true, though the drink driving conviction is a matter of public record.  What is striking though is that the things that have been an issue here, have apparently surfaced elsewhere.

While it's good that people are asking if he might be depressed and what could be done to help, I'm not sure it's practical to expect Bruce to try to manage what seem to be recurrent issues stretching over years, rather than (for example) someone needing a bit of support during relationship difficulties. 

So right here right now, the options open to Bruce seem pretty limited, and I think he has to focus on the job in hand, which means limiting the impact on everyone else and quite probably means moving McCormack on if he wants to go and if a buyer is available.  Sorry if that sounds unsympathetic.  However, if someone does need help with a problem and isn't addressing that, then this kind of crisis can sometimes confront them with the need to do something about it.

• Like 3

wouldnt care if he was banging in the goals and then he was then drinking himself to high heaven most nights.....most of our favourite player, one certain GOD, was like that.  I know a different era but same principle that if he was doing it on the pitch I wouldnt care what he was doing off the pitch as long as it wasnt illegal.  Although on the pitch performance is far from just being his fault given our other strikers have struggled due to lack of midfield.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â