The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

St Fagan's ? They made the outside look pretty and the inside like a museum

Yeah, St Fagan’s.

The rebuild is to replicate what it was like in 1915 when it last had a refurb! When I was last in there, which would have been whatever Christmas had a heavy snow around about 2010, it was still a sawdust floor as today, but with 95 years of nicotine on the walls.

They’ve kept the outside toilets, but gentrified them with a roof.

My abiding memory was stood outside at the urinal, in the snow.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, St Fagan’s.

The rebuild is to replicate what it was like in 1915 when it last had a refurb! When I was last in there, which would have been whatever Christmas had a heavy snow around about 2010, it was still a sawdust floor as today, but with 95 years of nicotine on the walls.

They’ve kept the outside toilets, but gentrified them with a roof.

My abiding memory was stood outside at the urinal, in the snow.

just looking at the place there in St Fagan’s what are the other 39 buildings at the museum place?

19 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

just looking at the place there in St Fagan’s what are the other 39 buildings at the museum place?

There’s all manner of buildings there, from across Wales. 
A terrace of miner’s cottages which they’ve quite cleverly done with each one a different time period from being built in the 1800’s, up to the 1980’s.

Farm buildings, shops, a post office, just a span of a few hundred years of buildings set up to represent different points in history. Plus of course, the original house and gardens. 

Potted history, there has been a settlement there since about 600ad. Then around about 1100, the Normans rocked up and built a fort then a castle. Some of that Norman castle wall from 900 years ago forms the garden wall for the main house.

There was a food festival today, so I’m now full of samosas and I’ve bought far more potions, pastes, and pickles than I should have.

• Like 1

On 07/09/2024 at 09:11, theboyangel said:

Away with a mate on our annual ‘craft’ weekend, which still involves copious amounts of wine and talking crap!

this year we’re off doing some stained glass and driftwood art 🤪

Wasn’t it axe throwing or knife making last year?

13 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Wasn’t it axe throwing or knife making last year?

Knife making was a few years back now.

since then, we’ve dabbled at wood turning and stone carving. 

we’ve had a great laugh today, cutting and soldering glass together to make a hanging display. 

• Like 3

On 07/09/2024 at 13:54, Follyfoot said:

Fair play mate, the nutcases are always the dirtiest from my experience. All over you one minute and then trying to cave your head with a stiletto the next with a load of filth at various other points

Can confirm all the above to be true.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â