The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

9/10 of us from AA are climbing Snowden tomorrow . I need to be up at 3.15 and we are leaving at 4. Part of me can’t be arsed but I need to push myself a bit more. Sleep well tomorrow  night no doubt .

Good luck Ruge!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

9/10 of us from AA are climbing Snowden tomorrow . I need to be up at 3.15 and we are leaving at 4. Part of me can’t be arsed but I need to push myself a bit more. Sleep well tomorrow  night no doubt .

All the best mate, if you don't win the race to the top then don't come posting back down here again ;) 

And make sure you've a good jacket

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Good luck, bud. I did it last year, and I can tell you you won't regret it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well I’m on the way to Bangor hospital . Got to the top started to make our way down and I fell 20ft down a mountain side.  Torn my right hand into two right down to bone it’s proper gory . Got deep cuts on my knees . Lucky to be alive or at least not serious head injury or broken bones . I apparently somersaulted 3 times. 

Unlucky mate 😬

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Unlucky mate 😬

Snowdon won again . It bet me two weeks ago where we had to turn back with kids because of weather. Got to the top this time so made it 1.1 and then it went 2.1 up when I fell . Think I’ll call it quits now .

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

3560 feet, a mere hill 😉

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well I’m on the way to Bangor hospital . Got to the top started to make our way down and I fell 20ft down a mountain side.  Torn my right hand into two right down to bone it’s proper gory . Got deep cuts on my knees . Lucky to be alive or at least not serious head injury or broken bones . I apparently somersaulted 3 times. 

Holy hell, just saw this.This sounds awful, so sorry this happened 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Snowdon won again . It bet me two weeks ago where we had to turn back with kids because of weather. Got to the top this time so made it 1.1 and then it went 2.1 up when I fell . Think I’ll call it quits now .

The house always wins 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Had stitches in knees and legs . On way to Stoke royal hospital for possible skin graft on my hand . My right hand is atrocious .

henry-hoover-o.gif?w=1000

In all seriousness I hope all is OK and the hospital can sort you out. That fall sounded really nasty.

• Like 2

On 18/08/2024 at 13:50, Rugeley Villa said:

Had stitches in knees and legs . On way to Stoke royal hospital for possible skin graft on my hand . My right hand is atrocious .

How are you feeling today? Just checking in, 🤞 that it’s better than it sounds. Hate that this happened 

7 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

How are you feeling today? Just checking in, 🤞 that it’s better than it sounds. Hate that this happened 

Got back yesterday late afternoon from hospital. Arm and hand still numb so struggling to text but yeah they cut away some dead flesh and Sewed me up. Got stitches out week on Friday . I’ve severed a minor nerve but was millimetres away from doing my main one for my hand. Might feel some tightness over time but grateful that I got away with it really. Thanks you. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Got back yesterday late afternoon from hospital. Arm and hand still numb so struggling to text but yeah they cut away some dead flesh and Sewed me up. Got stitches out week on Friday . I’ve severed a minor nerve but was millimetres away from doing my main one for my hand. Might feel some tightness over time but grateful that I got away with it really. Thanks you. 

Good to hear, sounds like it could have been way worse 👍👍

• 2 weeks later...

In a queue to get into a queue so I can queue for tickets that will probably be sold out. 

Happy weekend! 

I am barely in Wales, Monmouth at a festival. I say a festival. Its a meet up of a couple of hundred motorhomes, old Hymer motorhomes. Its been alright. We are in the 5% of the youngest people here. Patchy signal but managed to buy 4 Oasis tickets that I have already resold. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I am barely in Wales, Monmouth at a festival. I say a festival. Its a meet up of a couple of hundred motorhomes, old Hymer motorhomes. Its been alright. We are in the 5% of the youngest people here. Patchy signal but managed to buy 4 Oasis tickets that I have already resold. 

I’ve got my oasis tickets, I’ll decide on the day if I actually want to go.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â