Pokémon GO

hogso

2 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Did a good couple hours round my area earlier and kept finding the same ones. Whats the best thing to do with all these pidgys and rattatas?

Keep the one you like and 'transfer' the rest to the Prof for more candies so you can level up your favourite one.

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Keep the one you like and 'transfer' the rest to the Prof for more candies so you can level up your favourite one.

Cheers dude. Keep the one with the highest CP ideally then?

4 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Did a good couple hours round my area earlier and kept finding the same ones. Whats the best thing to do with all these pidgys and rattatas?

Yep, as Dante said, "transfer" the ones you don't need and get candies for evolving.

Even if you don't need an evolved version, you get loads of XP for evolving so do it anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogso said:

Yeah your list just fills up to the highest numbered in the original pokedex that you've caught. If you caught a Dragonair today though @Stevo985 your list should be almost to #150 - that's one of the final pokemon in the list numerically, like #147 or #148 something

Ah yeah, you're right. It's at 148 now.

3 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Cheers dude. Keep the one with the highest CP ideally then?

Not really. I've been keeping the ones with the move set I like. Had a Ratatta with Quick Attack and Dig which was 20CP that I kept over one I just caught that was 31CP with Tackle and Hyper Fang.

What's the purpose of weight and height? Does it make a difference in battles or anything? I've got a Pidgey that's classed as XS for Xtra Small I assume, and one that's a lot heavier classed as L.

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Not really. I've been keeping the ones with the move set I like. Had a Ratatta with Quick Attack and Dig which was 20CP that I kept over one I just caught that was 31CP with Tackle and Hyper Fang.

What's the purpose of weight and height? Does it make a difference in battles or anything? I've got a Pidgey that's classed as XS for Xtra Small I assume, and one that's a lot heavier classed as L.

I've paid absolutely zero attention to move set. Like literally haven't even looked at it. I should probably pay more attention :D

I haven't found any correlation between weight and height and CP or anything. I evolved an XL Pidgey and it evolved into a XS Pidgeotto. Don't really get it, or know if it makes a difference.

My two Jynx appear to have the same upper CP limit but are vastly different in weight and size.

Clefairy's mugging me off.  Stumbled onto one at lunchtime, two razzberrys, two great balls with great throws and it still escaped me.

Though another 6 types caught including a rather nice Scyther means I'm up 62 caught now.  Nothing decent for PvP'ing though, which is a little annoying.

I caught a Metapod and a zubat at lunch.

and I found my closest store, 3 pokeballs.

I caught the 2 pokemon with 2 balls.

Last night I saw one zubat and threw 20 balls and didn't catch.

Could you explain the method again?  I saw the last post, but it doesn't make sense to me.  So the bigger the green circle the easier it is to catch someone?

62 is decent!

I'm on 38. Although similarly I've got nothing amazing for PvP. I've got nothing above 500 yet.

Although I have 2 incense and a lure module stocked up. Might go for a walk later and use them somewhere and see what I can collect.

40 balls on a Golbat and I only hit it once. Gotta be doing something wrong with them. Ghastly took me about 19 balls before I hit and caught it.

The smaller the green/yellow/red circle the better the chance?

21 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

or is it better to evolve all the easy low level ones for XP? 

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I caught a Metapod and a zubat at lunch.

and I found my closest store, 3 pokeballs.

I caught the 2 pokemon with 2 balls.

Last night I saw one zubat and threw 20 balls and didn't catch.

Could you explain the method again?  I saw the last post, but it doesn't make sense to me.  So the bigger the green circle the easier it is to catch someone?

There are two circles, a white one and a coloured one.

To get the pokemon in the ball, your ball has to hit the pokemon within that white circle. As long as you hit the pokemon in that circle, it'll go in the ball (but that doesn't mean it will stay there!) The colour of the coloured circle determines how hard it is to catch. Green is easy, yellow not so easy, Orange tough and Red hard (and everywhere in between).

For a green one you'll probably catch the pokemon regardless of where you hit it as long as it's within the white circle. DOn't worry about the colour.

For harder ones, the coloured circle matters. If you hit the pokemon within the coloured circle it's a "better" throw and you have more chance of catching it. Also, when you hold down your finger on the pokeball, the coloured circle will shrink over and over again. The smaller the coloured circle, the higher the chance of catching it. So if you let the coloured circle get really small AND hit the pokemon within that circle, you have the best chance of catching it.

But it's a tradeoff. Are you better to leave the coloured circle large and have more chance of hitting it, or let it go small so if you do hit it you have a good chance of catching the pokemon. If you let the coloured circle get small, but then don't land the pokeball within that circle, then it's had no effect.

You know when you've landed in the coloured circle because you'll get a message like "Nice" or "Excellent"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

40 balls on a Golbat and I only hit it once. Gotta be doing something wrong with them. Ghastly took me about 19 balls before I hit and caught it.

The smaller the green/yellow/red circle the better the chance?

Make sure you're throwing it hard. Think of it like you need to land on top of the pokemon. If it rolls along the floor towards it it'll do nothing.

Also, tap on a pokeball you've missed with and you should get it back.

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also, tap on a pokeball you've missed with and you should get it back.

17 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Didn't know about tapping the ball to get it back if it's rolling... Dammit!

After just trying this a few times, I'm unconvinced that this works

I just went for a 10 minute walk and i caught a seel. Was really wierd it had three feet so I had absolutely no idea which direction to go when came up left right or the road opposite, took a gamble and did the road opposite but was showing 3 feet still then all of a sudden the seel popped up and i caught it. Must have been a big cockup, so good that worked to my advantage on this occasion  

I've been trying the whole 'move the ball back and forth with my finger on it to get it spinning, then swing it off to the side and drag your finger across the screen' to try and get an almost 'hook bowling' kind of capture.

Not hit a critter with one yet though.

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I've been trying the whole 'move the ball back and forth with my finger on it to get it spinning, then swing it off to the side and drag your finger across the screen' to try and get an almost 'hook bowling' kind of capture.

Not hit a critter with one yet though.

Yeah I dunno if that's worth it. I nearly always waste a couple of balls doing that. POkeballs are precious!

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

but was showing 3 feet still then all of a sudden the seel popped up and i caught it. 

All the time I was out on my walk at lunchtime the same thing was happening - nothing was anything less than 3 pawprints away and I was tripping over them at times!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â