Memory Lane

maqroll

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Could easily be Kingstanding

Ha, I thought it looked like the roads by my Nan and Grandad's old house. Somewhere like Chingford Road. 

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Par for the course in those days. Yet people laughed at the Japanese motors that fit together properly and didn't rust to shit in a couple of years. 

The early Japanese cars were rot boxes (Datsuns, early Hondas), but they were mechanically a lot more reliable. Bit bland, but a sensible choice. Once they sorted the rust, they were cooking on gas. Something like a 90s Toyota Carina E, was probably peak reliable motoring. The Honda NSX remains my most desired car.

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ha, I thought it looked like the roads by my Nan and Grandad's old house. Somewhere like Chingford Road. 

Not far away, I was thinking templeton Rd

43 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Not to be confused with 

IMG-9763.jpg

😉

I would have remembered them better. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Didn't know Peter Sutcliffe was part of the crew.

Front left looks disturbingly like Michael Sheen ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why was hair so bad back then? 

Don't be jealous mate. 

• Haha 2

On 11/05/2024 at 14:17, chrisp65 said:

There is an immaculate Bluebird where I park after work. I mean, it’s beyond factory new. it has that grey blue metallic paint they had but the depth of shine on it is weird, its like there’s a film of glass over the top of it. I can’t imagine how much the guy has spent / spending, and it is a Nissan Bluebird. But bloody hell it looks fine.

About 5 years ago, I saw a mint condition Bluebird in the Sainsburys car park, near me. Looked perfect. A real time warp. Then the owner got out... and he was the same! Chap with a perfect mullet, Dennis Taylor glasses, a patterned jazzy 'Noel Edmunds' jumper, loose stonewashed jeans and I can't recall the footwear. 

I did ponder that he must be a time traveller and he'd come from the 80's purely to do his weekly 'big shop'. Never seen him since. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I did ponder that he must be a time traveller and he'd come from the 80's purely to do his weekly 'big shop'. Never seen him since. 

He probably died from shock when he realised he couldn't do his Big Shop with twenty quid. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

About 5 years ago, I saw a mint condition Bluebird in the Sainsburys car park, near me. Looked perfect. A real time warp. Then the owner got out... and he was the same! Chap with a perfect mullet, Dennis Taylor glasses, a patterned jazzy 'Noel Edmunds' jumper, loose stonewashed jeans and I can't recall the footwear. 

@Xela.... At Sainsbury's. I'm calling bullshit on this. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

FB_IMG_1718708588300.jpg

I used to keep scrapbooks of stuff like that when I was a kid, might even be around somewhere in a box in the loft.

I never bothered when we lost though.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Gary looks like he definitely has buried bodies in his crawlspace 

Heh - These are ITV presenters, they left most of the sinister stuff to the BBC.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â