Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Still think people are underestimating the mental aspect. A culture of defeat and weakness runs through the club which infects everything it touches.

It's all well and good saying this but there has to be a solution and if RDM cannot fix this relatively soon then he may not be the right man for the job. 

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So what? Our situations are very, very different. 

Look, you've made it clear that you have an agenda when it comes to RDM - maybe you should just give it a rest until you're either proved right or wrong?

an agenda? I dont rate him but its not an agenda

I be happiest man possible if he proved me wrong

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

And to solve it....?

He's already made decent headway IMO. 

The results haven't come.....yet, but the players he's brought in and the way we are dominating teams for periods of time show progress for me. In terms of overall performance, we are a world away from last year. 

It will take time and the only only thing that will truly eradicate the old culture, is winning games, but another 2 or 3 in and I'm confident things will get going and we will be up there. 

• Like 1

Any losing mentality wouldn't penetrate through the right manager. It's the manager's responsibility to turn that around. It's one of the reasons I didn't want RDM because I didn't see him having that kind of influence. We need someone like Hiddink or Bielsa desperately and I would be doing everything possible to try and get one of them.

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

5 games in with an almost entirely new XI, new coaches and on the back of years of negativity at the club and people are expecting everything to fall in place relatively instantly? Pull the other one ffs.

We are like the Man City or Chelsea of this division with the amount we have been spending so while I don't think people expected us to have a 100% record, 1 win in 6 is not good enough. While I am fully behind RDM at the moment, if we carry on the same for another 6 to 8 games then he will be under huge pressure. 

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Start winning. How to do that I don't know, but I'm convinced that if we do get a run of form going we'll be fine.

A little luck would help as well.

Ah tbh I thought you would say appoint a Psychology coach which would be a very justifiable move I think.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

And to solve it....?

Well a winning mentality and consistency of team selection, formation and tactics may help. You don't get any of those constantly chopping and changing direction, that's what has led us to where we are. I agree if he is not capable of doing the job then fair enough, consistency does not outweigh capability . However 6 games into a team rebuild and trying to instill the things needed to solve it is too early to judge. And I am one who is not sold on rdm being the right man for the job !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Any losing mentality wouldn't penetrate through the right manager. It's the manager's responsibility to turn that around. It's one of the reasons I didn't want RDM because I didn't see him having that kind of influence. We need someone like Hiddink or Bielsa desperately and I would be doing everything possible to try and get one of them.

winning mentality and Bielsa dont go together ;)

Just now, VillaChris said:

Ah tbh I thought you would say appoint a Psychology coach which would be a very justifiable move I think.

That would be one of the best appointments we could possibly make, although I don't know how effective they actually are.

6 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Let's get Benzema and Lavezzi while we're at it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Doing everything possible means getting promoted first and I would guess people at the club have that as their priority right now

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That would be one of the best appointments we could possibly make, although I don't know how effective they actually are.

I said a few days ago, we should use any remained budget to clone that Dr Peters and have one of him for each player. 

Very effective, if you read the testimonies of the people he's worked with. 

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

an agenda? I dont rate him but its not an agenda

I be happiest man possible if he proved me wrong

I don't doubt that because you seem like a reasonable enough guy but you did say that you never wanted him in the first place right? 

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

We are like the Man City or Chelsea of this division with the amount we have been spending so while I don't think people expected us to have a 100% record, 1 win in 6 is not good enough. While I am fully behind RDM at the moment, if we carry on the same for another 6 to 8 games then he will be under huge pressure. 

I agree with you but we do need to give him time - it's very ,very early on. 

27 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I said a few days ago, we should use any remained budget to clone that Dr Peters and have one of him for each player. 

Very effective, if you read the testimonies of the people he's worked with. 

He's good at his job but he was working with England this summer so don't be expecting to win the CL within 5 years  if we get someone like that in!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â