Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I feel like you've wasted a lot of finger energy there @markavfc40 but your effort is appreciated. 

Posts like the one you quoted are pathetic and strike me as attention seeking. RDM might turn out to be a plonker, all the signings wank. However should the results start reflecting our play posts like that should be remembered, not to score points but as a reminder for when we next hit a rough patch not to be so reactionary. To grow a pair of balls. 

The points are reflecting our play. We miss chances and concede soft goals. - You won't get many points with those flaws in your game.

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

You are not comparing anything even close to like for like are you. Newcastle went down on more than twice the points total we had. Newcastle have retained the same manager and coaching staff from the second half of last season. Looking at their line ups around three quarters of the side was there last season. They were well set to hit the ground the running.

We have had a complete rebuild since the season finished. New owner, new CEO, new manager, new coaching staff and a huge overhaul of players. We were always likely to start off slow whilst the whole thing bedded in.

For me we aren’t far away. Performances have in the main been good. A few lapses in concentration and us taking our foot off the gas have cost us. We also haven’t had the rub of the green and overall our performances haven’t yielded the points they deserved. Having said that we do now need to start learning from where we are going wrong and we do need to start picking up three points and closing the gap on the top 6. 

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If all you're going to use to judge 'how we play' is goals scored and conceded you may as well not go to games. Just look out for the score and then come on here to pass comment. 

Dave, I don't think that is really fair.....I can see elements of our play that indicate the conceding is on its way or likely, so to say that cannot be judged by our play I think is debatable.

I understand and appreciate, the excitement and joy derived from our offensive play at present, but it is not enough to dismiss the issues that are being raised.

No one wants to rain on someone elses parade, but we all harbour varying levels of frustration, equally some fans see things others don't and that is not to be holier than thou, but a fact.

However, I do agree, its a bit early for pulling it all asunder.

For what its worth, I think some managers can't see the woods for the trees.....and that is not levelling that statement at our manager, just a generalisation.

I have been in the company of football players in the past on occasions and cringed at some of their observations, so it is very much opinions. 

You know what.

I can picture us losing tonight. I can picture us drawing. And I can picture us winning 5-0.

How many people could picture that last one 16 weeks - 16 weeks ffs ! - ago ?

And it's no good some simultaneously saying " we know we need time" yet in the very next breath saying " but we need something soon"...

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

You are not comparing anything even close to like for like are you. Newcastle went down on more than twice the points total we had. Newcastle have retained the same manager and coaching staff from the second half of last season. Looking at their line ups around three quarters of the side was there last season. They were well set to hit the ground the running.

We have had a complete rebuild since the season finished. New owner, new CEO, new manager, new coaching staff and a huge overhaul of players. We were always likely to start off slow whilst the whole thing bedded in.

For me we aren’t far away. Performances have in the main been good. A few lapses in concentration and us taking our foot off the gas have cost us. We also haven’t had the rub of the green and overall our performances haven’t yielded the points they deserved. Having said that we do now need to start learning from where we are going wrong and we do need to start picking up three points and closing the gap on the top 6. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

For what its worth, I think some managers can't see the woods for the trees.....and that is not levelling that statement at our manager, just a generalisation.

I have been in the company of football players in the past on occasions and cringed at some of their observations, so it is very much opinions. 

Out of all the pro-footballers I know/have met.

They ALL know F*** all about Golf

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I understand and appreciate, the excitement and joy derived from our offensive play at present, but it is not enough to dismiss the issues that are being raised.

equally some fans see things others don't and that is not to be holier than thou, but a fact.

Urgh, really don't like this. That some fans are that shallow-minded and stupid that good attacking play means they don't see other things.

3 hours ago, KHV said:

Im sorry I can't agree we have turned the corner or stopped the rot. We are 7th from bottom in the championship after 1 win against a shit Rotheram team, we have been dumped out of the cup by Luton, been beaten by Sheffield, Bristol City and have failed to beat Huddersfield and Nottingham at home.. 

This team has won 23 league points from its last 126 available. Has not won an away game for 13 months and has spent an awful lot on players in that time. 

The corner needs to be turned very quickly but the flaws in the squad will not make it easy at all. You need more than an expensive strike force to be competitive. We have neglected too many key areas in this window and are suffering for it.

Perhaps you should open your eyes then. Look at performances from last year vs performances this year. We have absolutely battered many of the teams we have played this season. We have pretty much all new players. We have had bad luck and we have suffered from a lack of concentration and some unacceptable blunders, which we need to stamp out.

The forest game (and Huddersfield) we dominated and should have won. Luton in the cup was the second string of mostly last seasons players on their last chance to stay in the team. They didn't take it.

The atmosphere and ethos is different. Despite the negativity of people on here, the atmosphere at the ground is 100X better this season, the football is better, we are having shots on goal. They WILL start to go in.

Remember, we were an absolute disaster last season, and we could conceivably been in a relegation struggle this season. we will not be, we will be competing and challenging at the top.

Not sure where you think we have neglected? we have bought new and better players in every area of the pitch. There was too much to replace in one window and we did very good business.

• Like 3

If all you're going to use to judge 'how we play' is goals scored and conceded you may as well not go to games. Just look out for the score and then come on here to pass comment. 

Huh, why bother with waiting for the score if your mind is made up???

• Like 1

Really ? 

To be honest goals scored and conceded is pretty fundamental. If you can't stick em in at one end and keep em out the other - that anything else you do is pretty much undermined - all IMO of course. As Dr Tony rightly said 'we can't keep being unlucky' 

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really ? 

To be honest goals scored and conceded is pretty fundamental. If you can't stick em in at one end and keep em out the other - that anything else you do is pretty much undermined - all IMO of course. As Dr Tony rightly said 'we can't keep being unlucky' 

Yes, really. If that's all you're going to use to judge a performance then don't bother watching the games. You're wasting your time. 

At no point did I say it was not to be factored in. But it's pointless coming on here to chat about the team if all you are interested in taking about is the score. I know the scores off by heart, I go home and away, barely miss a kick. 

I come here to talk about the team as a whole. I'm not interested in "we're shit because we didn't win", it gets boring fast. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

30 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes, really. If that's all you're going to use to judge a performance then don't bother watching the games. You're wasting your time. 

Ive been going to VP for over 40 year. I always enjoy it and look forward to going. I just believe in general a good team wins matches and sits higher in the table. I can not tolerate 'we played well but conceded 2 daft goals' - playing well is that you don't concede daft goals.

Im glad youre not our chairman. You'd have Remi Garde on a 10 year contract telling him he's doing really well. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Im glad youre not our chairman. You'd have Remi Garde on a 10 year contract telling him he's doing really well. 

No. The football wasn't even close to being good enough. We never looked like winning games, never mind scoring goals. 

I'm glad you're not chairman, we'd have Pearson or Moyes in charge. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â