Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Hes been given an absolute fortune for this league, and yet we have 6 points from 6 games with just 1 win. 

His inability to recognise that constantly leaving the centre of the park weak is costing us is worrying. 

Trying to sit back and protect a 1 goal lead with 1 cm, knowing the opposition are going to press? What was he thinking.

• Like 2

Just now, Richard said:

But we aren't that team 

a team that spends as much as we do has to do by default. There is no way Xia bankrolls a side to maybe reach the play-offs. Promotion are the expectations from above and below, and the manager has no chance of delivering. 

I was all for bringing on Gastede dor Gardener when we were chasing the game as Forest had no ambition at all. But as soon as we went 2-1 up he had to bring on Jedinak for one of the strikers (as he was trying to do when they scored) it was a poor decision to leave it so long. 

I would understand leaving it as we were playing well.. but we just stopped playing after we got to the lead.. and this has happened in so many games. We seem to be playing how Leicester were playing the year they did the magic escape.. when they were playing well but not closing our games. I hope it just clicks and we start tonking teams soon. We still have Tishbola Jedinak and Adomah to come in. RDM made a mistake not bringing on Jedi or Bacuna.. or even Baker. Long time to go.. positives are we are playing well and confidence is slowly coming back. 

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

WALOB regarding criticism of the manager. 6 games out of a long season = chill out!! 

Oh ok, sorry. How many more games of ineffectual tactics and crap decisions is Di Matteo allowed to have before we can start criticising him?

• Like 1

It is still very early to panic too much, but I am starting to get my patience tested a little bit. I never thought RDM was the right man for the job, so I'm finding it very hard to defend him  here if I'm honest. But, He is here now, spent a load of money, so we should give him until Christmas to see if there signs of a team gelling and improving.

I always though promotion would be a tough ask this season, what with all of the changes to the squad and management. Every game that passes with us dropping further back is testing us supporters and our patience. The team desperately needs to string a few wins together soon to buy RDM time with the fans if not Dr Xia.

I think our best hope of improvement is Tshbola and Jedinak staying fit, and that could be weeks away yet. Hopefully with a bit of luck it will all click pretty soon, and we will soon forget this sticky start.

Just a quick question, but how many times have we struck the woodwork this season?

It seems like almost every week, and fine margins are costing us at the moment. Hopefully that won't continue forever, and we will see ourselves on the other side of those fine margins very soon.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â