Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Lots of questions still for me. The Luton game was a disgrace and totally unnecessary, the substitutions so far are dubious, the second half performance are terrible.

I know this is effectively a new team and needs time to bed in and some losses are expected, but what we have seen so far suggests to me that we are miles off any actual progress, despite what seem on the face of it to be a decent set of incoming transfers.

Lots of work to do still Roberto. Lots.

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

They aren't realistic. Not for a championship club. So, I'll ask again, who would you replace RDM with?

I think we could get one of them. I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least try.

If not, then Sanchez Flores or Michael Laudrup. 

That's just off the top of my head. I don't watch much football outside of the premier league. If I did I'm sure I would be able to come up with a bigger list.

4 hours ago, av1 said:

No its not. What is farcical is Gabby hanging round like a bad smell even after the club have made it absolutely clear that he has no future. 

What exactly is he hoping to achieve?

Ok, let's persist with hoping Green, or Kozak will come off the bench and be revelations some day. Lol

Come on JV, i bet the bloke struggles changing his socks. 

He will never play for the club again, surely you know that?

Edited by av1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

While I am not too concerned yet, there is no way Xia, in my opinion, will tolerate us playing like this come January time. If things don't improve come October at the latest then i can see changes. Don't forget, the knives were out for Sherwood after about 8 games last year, and he had a completely new team as well

We have possibly the strongest squad in the league, we need improvement asap. 

Yep,  the difference is now we KNOW we have a good squad for this level,  players everywhere now who know the league and in fact have got out of the league. 

The money that has been spent is the highest in the league,  even last summers splurge was a drop in the ocean compared to the top PL teams. 

Time to gel etc is acceptable but not too long,  Christ other teams fans have accused us of buying the league.  Can't see Tony accepting many performances like today after another month has gone by. 

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

now we KNOW we have a good squad for this level

I'm afraid that I disagree entirely. We may have some decent players but a good enough squad? For a start we don't have good enough goalkeeper. We are toothless up front and we have no decent defensive cover. Our midfield is weak as **** and still contains Ashley Westwood and Gary Gardner, 2 dreadful footballers.

We may have improved the squad a bit, only time will tell on that one, but at this stage we do NOT have a good enough squad for this level. Far from.it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Come on JV, i bet the bloke struggles changing his socks. 

He will never play for the club again, surely you know that?

Don't get me wrong, as biased as I am towards Gabby. If I genuinely thought we had better options I would be all for it. However I can't agree with losing points, or giving ourselves a better chance of gaining points just because of our "stance". Similarly I have wanted to give Gollini more of a chance but can't. We must do anything for promotion! Will get battered but I think even Gil would have offered something different. I also even miss Gestede ffs!

Edit: I also expected ALOT more from Ayew, but it seems he is playing with a sense of "entitlement" and being a word removed.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

I'm afraid that I disagree entirely. We may have some decent players but a good enough squad? For a start we don't have good enough goalkeeper. We are toothless up front and we have no decent defensive cover. Our midfield is weak as **** and still contains Ashley Westwood and Gary Gardner, 2 dreadful footballers.

We may have improved the squad a bit, only time will tell on that one, but at this stage we do NOT have a good enough squad for this level. Far from.it.

I am afraid I disagree entirely with you but it's late and I have had far too many beers than is good for me.  If you honestly don't believe that the squad we have now is not good enough to compete in the current league then you must be blind to all that has happened.  

We have strikers who have a scored bundles in this leave,  defenders and midfielders who have been promoted from this league,  a spine to the team formed of captains. 

We should and will do better than we have done and if we dont after a reasonably short bonding period then I think Tony will rightly be asking questions. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am afraid I disagree entirely with you but it's late and I have had far too many beers than is good for me.  If you honestly don't believe that the squad we have now is not good enough to compete in the current league then you must be blind to all that has happened.  

We have strikers who have a scored bundles in this leave,  defenders and midfielders who have been promoted from this league,  a spine to the team formed of captains. 

We should and will do better than we have done and if we dont after a reasonably short bonding period then I think Tony will rightly be asking questions. 

It's not a good enough squad to be ANY GOOD at this level. It can't be when we don't have a single decent goalkeeper.  We probably won't get relegated so I suppose you could say that it's ok for this level but surely we want to be looking to get promoted and for that our squad isn't even close to being good enough.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/08/27/di-matteo-bristol-review

conceding three goals in half an hour is not what I have seen from this team in the previous matches.

Oh, Perleeaase.

Luton town 3 Aston Villa 1

Luton goals:

Jake Gray (35')

Cameron McGeehan (53')

Jores Okore (66' OG)

OK, 31 minutes to concede 3 goals so technically RDM is right, But please cut out the bullshit, signor Di M.

• Like 3

Honeymoon is well and truly over as far as I am concerned.

Need to see signs that we are moving away from the issues we had last season. So far, for whatever reason it's too much of a déjà vu.

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

5 games in with an almost entirely new XI, new coaches and on the back of years of negativity at the club and people are expecting everything to fall in place relatively instantly? Pull the other one ffs.

we have spent 40 million and same mistakes are happening from last 5 seasons. Southampton 2 years ago had heart ripped out of their team yet won 4 of their 1st 6 league games

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we have spent 40 million and same mistakes are happening from last 5 seasons. Southampton 2 years ago had heart ripped out of their team yet won 4 of their 1st 6 league games

So what? Our situations are very, very different. 

Look, you've made it clear that you have an agenda when it comes to RDM - maybe you should just give it a rest until you're either proved right or wrong?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â