Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Just as a note for anyone on the season ticket waiting list hoping that a new North Stand might help them finally get one, Manchester City have confirmed today that their new stand, with 8,000 extra seats, won't mean they're going to sell any more season tickets - they have no plans to increase their season ticket numbers. That's very much the direction of travel and I think we'd probably do the same if we were redeveloping the North Stand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just as a note for anyone on the season ticket waiting list hoping that a new North Stand might help them finally get one, Manchester City have confirmed today that their new stand, with 8,000 extra seats, won't mean they're going to sell any more season tickets - they have no plans to increase their season ticket numbers. That's very much the direction of travel and I think we'd probably do the same if we were redeveloping the North Stand.

I thought that might be the case, but the good thing about expanding the stand would be that there will be greater availability to those who want to attend 8-10 games a season. So while not a perfect solution to those who want to attend as much as possible, it would be of great help. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Seems to align with the insinuation you made about clubs not being as keen on season tickets anymore.

As I guess there is more opportunity to generate a lot more money via one offs, tourists, tournaments etc at higher prices.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think you are spot on.

I think the days of encouraging season Tickets/Cards sales are behind us.....with demand as it is, they don't want them. They want the tourist who don't baulk at the inflated prices, and watch Villa adhoc.

Who would have ever thought that?....but that's what markets do.

It's sad in many ways but we need to remember, our club is only trying to compete it's not creating the platform....The Hierarchy of Football itself is doing that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems to align with the insinuation you made about clubs not being as keen on season tickets anymore.

As I guess there is more opportunity to generate a lot more money via one offs, tourists, tournaments etc at higher prices.

spot on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I thought that might be the case, but the good thing about expanding the stand would be that there will be greater availability to those who want to attend 8-10 games a season. So while not a perfect solution to those who want to attend as much as possible, it would be of great help. 

We'll have to get some big signs up to ourselves ......"don't be greedy".🤣

You can't watch your heroes as much as you do.

Edited by TRO

It’s not that long ago, we, and many others, were well short of capacity for many games. The idea that clubs will dispose of thousands of fans who can be relied on to turn up week after week is not likely. Economic factors in the economy can soon affect attendances. When we won the title in 1981 there were many games that were not sold out. There are plenty of instances where clubs kept their heads above water, through hard times, precisely because of the commitment of those season tickets holders. No sensible club is going to chase here today gone tomorrow football tourists, at the expense of generational supporters.It would all be a house of cards with no foundations.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

That only works as long as we're relatively successful on the pitch. Imagine a scenario in a few years time, whereby through natural wastage etc, we only have around 18-20k season ticket holders, we're having a shitter of a season and we've got Bournemouth at home.......we'd be lucky to get 32k in the place. The tourists will have found another attraction and there'll be no one left to backfill as previous supporters were priced out and found something else to watch....

I don't see our current owners, allowing that scenario, repeating itself......I think we have turned that corner for good.

Those dark days are well and truly behind us, and I can only see the exponential rise continuing while football is popular, only an unforeseen massive meteorite will change it..... Our owners will want their "snout in the trough"  of success.

Happy go lucky, managers grateful for the job, won't be considered, when Unai calls it a day......They won't let this momentum slip.

Bring on the increased capacity.

Edited by TRO

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't see our current owners, allowing that scenario, repeating itself......I think we have turned that corner for good.

Those dark days are well and truly behind us, and I can only see the exponential rise continuing while football is popular, only an unforeseen massive meteorite will change it..... Our owners will want their "snout in the trough"  of success.

Happy go lucky, managers grateful for the job, won't be considered, when Unai calls it a day......They won't let this momentum slip.

Bring on the increased capacity.

I love our owners but they did hire Gerrard and yes he maybe be a Purslow deal but everybody keeps telling me it wouldn’t be done unless the owners signed it off.  

So these guys do have a mistake in them occasionally which obviously we’ll outweighed by the good things they do but managerial appointments are always risky so who knows when Emery does eventually leave us, we could just be unlucky with the next manager.

i’m also wondering about popularity of football or even just the PL.  there seems no end to the growth but we all know things have peaks and troughs of enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, Dillon66 said:

That only works as long as we're relatively successful on the pitch. Imagine a scenario in a few years time, whereby through natural wastage etc, we only have around 18-20k season ticket holders, we're having a shitter of a season and we've got Bournemouth at home.......we'd be lucky to get 32k in the place. The tourists will have found another attraction and there'll be no one left to backfill as previous supporters were priced out and found something else to watch....

yep, they will all be at the Knotweed Wakner Super Stadium in town

mate

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Any direction of travel would be appreciated instead of endlessly going round in circles of carrying out plans and then chucking them into the deep freeze.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

I was looking at a fixture yesterday that I think was my first with my dad - 0-0 at home to Man City in 1994 (Saunders missed a late penalty). We were 4th after this match, so doing pretty well.

Attendance; 19,254...

I can only assume we were redeveloping a stand?

I think if we saw a stadium capacity increase and tickets became more easily available via a membership or something similar I would probably give up my season ticket. 

I love going but have kept my tickets because it's the only way to guarantee a seat. My struggle to make every game. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I was looking at a fixture yesterday that I think was my first with my dad - 0-0 at home to Man City in 1994 (Saunders missed a late penalty). We were 4th after this match, so doing pretty well.

Attendance; 19,254...

I can only assume we were redeveloping a stand?

Witton Lane maybe? 

Although that wouldn't have had that much of a difference to the capacity I wouldn't have thought

5 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think if we saw a stadium capacity increase and tickets became more easily available via a membership or something similar I would probably give up my season ticket. 

I love going but have kept my tickets because it's the only way to guarantee a seat. My struggle to make every game. 

It wouldn't take long for you to reach the total price of your ST if you went to games individually.

Anyone with a ST right now is very fortunate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

It wouldn't take long for you to reach the total price of your ST if you went to games individually.

Anyone with a ST right now is very fortunate.

It's a twenty percent discount so about 15-16 games. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â