Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I get your dislike for the discussion, but the new stadium will happen eventually. It might be 30/40/50 years down the line. It might be 10 years. Who knows.

There are no suggestions of it happening at the moment.

But it's entirely reasonable to discuss pros/cons of it; me and my mrs often discuss having a better house, it's not happening anytime soon. We make no plans of doing it.

But not in this thread. This thread is for the discussion of redeveloping Villa Park.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

But not in this thread. This thread is for the discussion of redeveloping Villa Park.

it’s been stated that the club have no medium term plans to do that, so shouldn’t it then closed as the other thread was for people wanting to discuss debate the merits of a new stadium ? 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, limpid said:

To be fair, you can't really have a current discussion about redeveloping Villa Park without questions about the likelihood of that happening, and then speculating as to why the work isn't being carried out, and the implications for it. Its all part of the same discussion.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, peterw said:

To be fair, you can't really have a current discussion about redeveloping Villa Park without questions about the likelihood of that happening, and then speculating as to why the work isn't being carried out, and the implications for it. Its all part of the same discussion.

Try really hard.

27 minutes ago, thabucks said:

it’s been stated that the club have no medium term plans to do that, so shouldn’t it then closed as the other thread was for people wanting to discuss debate the merits of a new stadium ? 

Which other thread? Sorry I have covid and can't process this sentence. We have speculation threads for all kinds of things.

The club not wanting to commit to building a new stadium or replacing a stand doesn't mean there won't be redevelopment of Villa Park - the work we've seen this summer is evidence of that, that work is still ongoing and there's a whole lot more to come next summer - there's plenty of redevelopment to talk about.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The club not wanting to commit to building a new stadium or replacing a stand doesn't mean there won't be redevelopment of Villa Park - the work we've seen this summer is evidence of that, that work is still ongoing and there's a whole lot more to come next summer - there's plenty of redevelopment to talk about.

What’s happening next summer?

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

To be fair I was corrected by someone earlier on this thread and their argument makes sense.

Max revenue per stand and then max the claim for the PSR deduction when we rebuild the north stand and Doug Ellis. Growing pains. 

23 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Max revenue per stand and then max the claim for the PSR deduction when we rebuild the north stand and Doug Ellis. Growing pains. 

IF this is the short to medium term plan, I can see the sense in it. However, it would help if the club told the fans of their intentions for Villa Park beyond the next 18 months, in particular expansion which could enable a freeze in price increases and enable some season ticket holders to have their children as season ticket holders next to them and protect a future generation of Villa fans.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brommy said:

IF this is the short to medium term plan, I can see the sense in it. However, it would help if the club told the fans of their intentions for Villa Park beyond the next 18 months, in particular expansion which could enable a freeze in price increases and enable some season ticket holders to have their children as season ticket holders next to them and protect a future generation of Villa fans.

You mean, some actual joined up thinking?! What sorcery is this?!

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â