Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

And will probably level off again in the next few years as competition bites and more normalcy returns to supply chains.    And meanwhile the price of tickets has also risen exponentially, it may be MORE attractive in a couple of years even with the doubling of price to build.

Furthermore,  we will benchmark what other clubs are doing. Seems like there is a sudden rush to expand capacity and upgrade facilities. 

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I thought part of the issue was that there aren't any stadium building companies available? How are all these clubs going to expand their capacity at the same time?

There might not be any large UK companies... but what about American companies through Atarios or Egyptian companies through the guy on the board who has done massive developments in Egypt (including their national stadium).

I do admittedly find it puzzling (the apparent scrapping of the expansion). With clubs like Leeds, Everton & several others (even Sha) having big plans we could be left behind infastructure-wise if we're not careful.  A 43k stadium is small in todays World, at least it is for a Premier League team holding Champions League aspirations.

Surely there has to be some kind of plan?!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I do admittedly find it puzzling (the apparent scrapping of the expansion). With clubs like Leeds, Everton & several others (even Sha) having big plans we could be left behind infastructure-wise if we're not careful.  A 43k stadium is small in todays World, at least it is for a Premier League team holding Champions League aspirations.

Surely there has to be some kind of plan?!

There is. By their ambitious alone, It’s obvious that our owners and Chris Heck want to expand/new stadium. 

I wouldn’t be surprised this is high on the agenda behind the scenes. 

my feeling is that we going to go for a new stadium, rather than expansions. What’s somewhat sad, but understandable 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

my feeling is that we going to go for a new stadium, rather than expansions. What’s somewhat sad, but understandable 

I'm not so sure. A new stadium would be be £1 - 2 billion pounds. That's a huge cost. Unless we are competing for titles/cup every year it's not going to be possible to justify that kind of expense. The reality is that attendances are a small part of revenue these days. Having an extra 10K in the stadium doesn't bring in a lot of money. Better off having tourist fans there for one whole day once a year.

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm not so sure. A new stadium would be be £1 - 2 billion pounds. That's a huge cost. Unless we are competing for titles/cup every year it's not going to be possible to justify that kind of expense. The reality is that attendances are a small part of revenue these days. Having an extra 10K in the stadium doesn't bring in a lot of money. Better off having tourist fans there for one whole day once a year.

We're making that on ticket sales alone these days ;)

6 hours ago, andycv said:

This is really interesting - and probably comes from the FAB?  What I don't understand if this is the case is Atairos investment and placing development experts on the board.  It doesn't make sense if they're not looking at fairly major redevelopment.

Why is it assumed Atarios have anything to do with developing the stadium? Might just be they wanted to invest in the club, regardless of any involvement or not in infrastructure works.

If i were villa i would.be talking to the council about the stadium and piece of land 2 miles down the road. It is not making money. The council may be able to do a deal there. Bang, new Villa Park.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

How have Everton and Spurs justified it?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why is it assumed Atarios have anything to do with developing the stadium? Might just be they wanted to invest in the club, regardless of any involvement or not in infrastructure works.

If i were villa i would.be talking to the council about the stadium and piece of land 2 miles down the road. It is not making money. The council may be able to do a deal there. Bang, new Villa Park.

I think when it was announced it was stated the investment would be for infrastructure.

Of course that doesn't have to mean the stadium. It could just as easily always been meant to go towards the training ground development 

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I can't see a new stadium because no matter what people say we wouldn't sell 50,000 seats every week even at our most successful.

We probably could sell that on season tickets alone. If I’m correct, there’s a 30k waiting list to be a STH

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

There is. By their ambitious alone, It’s obvious that our owners and Chris Heck want to expand/new stadium. 

Then why are they consistently, persistently and recently telling us in meetings that it's not on the table in the short term and not in their planning in the mid-term either?

The club is currently pressing ahead with plans to use the existing space in the stadium and add capacity, plans that stretch over the next few years, at which point if it goes well, we'll have expanded by another few thousand seats, dependent on the people they have working on it finding a way. 

If a larger development is something they're thinking about behind the scenes, then they don't have to tell supporters groups anything - instead, they are telling us that there are no plans to build a new stadium, move from our existing site or replace a stand, and they're telling us this in order to manage expectation.

Of course, it could be that they just don't want to tell us, they've done that before, but that being the case, they wouldn't have to tell us anything, instead, they've gone out of their way at meetings to tell us it isn't happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

They're the main custodians of Villa Park, they can't let the ground, especially the North Stand, fall into any more disrepair.  They'll have to do something at some stage surely.

I don't think they're doing nothing - and you only have to see Villa Park empty nowadays to see how much they're doing - but they've stated they're not building a new stand or stadium and its not part of their current plan. Much will depend on how long NSWE are with us, and hopefully that's a long, long time, but from what they're telling us, I think we're a good 10 years from a new stand or major development.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Then why are they consistently, persistently and recently telling us in meetings that it's not on the table in the short term and not in their planning in the mid-term either?

The club is currently pressing ahead with plans to use the existing space in the stadium and add capacity, plans that stretch over the next few years, at which point if it goes well, we'll have expanded by another few thousand seats, dependent on the people they have working on it finding a way. 

If a larger development is something they're thinking about behind the scenes, then they don't have to tell supporters groups anything - instead, they are telling us that there are no plans to build a new stadium, move from our existing site or replace a stand, and they're telling us this in order to manage expectation.

Of course, it could be that they just don't want to tell us, they've done that before, but that being the case, they wouldn't have to tell us anything, instead, they've gone out of their way at meetings to tell us it isn't happening.

I mean, demonstrably, Heck is dense. Efficiency in his role is through the floor given absurd and incredibly unlikely footballing results to build on.

Wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly did an about turn on a stadium.

Lord, we'd be in trouble if Heck was in charge of anything that big. I imagine he'll be gone soon enough luckily.

• Like 1

Quite clear from what @OutByEaster?has posted that things have dramatically changed in the last 12 months.

It doesn't align with thd scale of NSWE's ambitions in other aspects of Villa since becoming owners, and I would love to know what changed, really, but it all looks like they are making do with what they inherited on Villa Park.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â