Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

12 hours ago, wedge said:

That banner is going on the Holte thankfully, according to Jacob Tanswell of The Athletic.

Didn't it start off on the Holte (Upper balcony)?

Despite the Red, i thought the new advertising screens definitely gave a higher end feel to the stadium and to be honest i think looked so much better than the banners.

I wonder if a compromise exists where banners and pro villa messages could appear on the boards. Would really add to the feel in the stadium.

Instead of replacing the banner, just use the screens to display the same words when the team appear and rotate with advertising.

• Thanks 1

I think the rail seating and the number of new seats give the stadium a nice clean modern look, I think when you look at the bowl as it fills up, it looks great. 

The LED's I can take or leave, it's good that they'll give us the opportunity to make a little more money, like others have said the bright red was a bit of a shock.

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Despite the Red, i thought the new advertising screens definitely gave a higher end feel to the stadium and to be honest i think looked so much better than the banners.

I wonder if a compromise exists where banners and pro villa messages could appear on the boards. Would really add to the feel in the stadium.

Instead of replacing the banner, just use the screens to display the same words when the team appear and rotate with advertising.

Fair few clubs do this, display the fan flags digitally. Must send them in to get scanned and then put up. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the rail seating and the number of new seats give the stadium a nice clean modern look, I think when you look at the bowl as it fills up, it looks great. 

The LED's I can take or leave, it's good that they'll give us the opportunity to make a little more money, like others have said the bright red was a bit of a shock.

The new seats in lower holte rip the skin off ya shins and calfs, but yes they do look better and I much prefer being in the rail seating

22 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

The new seats in lower holte rip the skin off ya shins and calfs, but yes they do look better and I much prefer being in the rail seating

Other than they're so tightly packed together you can't even stand shoulder to shoulder. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Other than they're so tightly packed together you can't even stand shoulder to shoulder. 

We were a few rows in front of the new rails this week and i did find we had moved a seat sideways every so often. Can't say I've noticed how tightly the rail seats are packed together as only been in them once so far. I'll check v Man U & Bayern, see if I notice any difference

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

If it isn't too late for the FAB, please could you tell them the red and white is distracting and makes it look like the Emirates?

The TradeNation and Betano logos are orange on the post-match interview boards so at least that would be slightly better.

And given these logos are white on claret or blue on the home shirts, could they be the same on the LEDs to make it feel like Villa Park and be less distracting?

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

1 hour ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

If it isn't too late for the FAB, please could you tell them the red and white is distracting and makes it look like the Emirates?

The TradeNation and Betano logos are orange on the post-match interview boards so at least that would be slightly better.

And given these logos are white on claret or blue on the home shirts, could they be the same on the LEDs to make it feel like Villa Park and be less distracting?

In fairness, if it doesn't bother the players, then distracting just means they're working well; distracting means you take your eye off the ball when you're watching on the TV and momentarily see the word Betano, distracting is what advertisers want, distracting might help pay the bills. If the players are happy, I think we'll have to get used to it.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, if it doesn't bother the players, then distracting just means they're working well; distracting means you take your eye off the ball when you're watching on the TV and momentarily see the word Betano, distracting is what advertisers want, distracting might help pay the bills. If the players are happy, I think we'll have to get used to it.

I would say it isn't distracting on the TV because 1) you can only see the bottom row of boards and 2) my TV adjusts the brightness to the environment but at the actual game, it's very distracting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spiezels said:

Fair few clubs do this, display the fan flags digitally. Must send them in to get scanned and then put up. 

this would be really good i think.

I like the heritage of the banners but lets be honest after a while they look dated and torn to pieces.

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

bothered me for about 30 minutes, then i forgot all about it.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â